Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » like the pats, the steelers cheated too

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

like the pats, the steelers cheated too

Postby pedd » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:08 pm

bradshaw admits to being on roids. lolol i cant wait to read your responce to thus!!!

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: like the pats, the steelers cheated too

Postby TheOldRanger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 pm

You idiot. Read the Sporting News' article, and try reading all the words, not just the one-syllable ones that you recognize. He used steroids, true: they were prescribed to him by a DOCTOR. You know, a doctor. The guy who should have slapped your mother instead of you on the day you were born? They were PRESCRIBED by a DOCTOR, to speed the healing process. Because, Terry B. got hurt a lot, playing his heart out while winning FOUR Super Bowls and assuring the Steelers' reputation as the finest NFL franchise of modern times. Bradshaw even says that his steroid use was not intended to build muscle mass, just to recover more quickly from injuries. I know people with multiple schlerosis who use steroids, again prescribed by doctors, to treat their conditions. So, before you dare attempt to drag the Steelers down to the level of the sniveling, cheating bastards who are the New England Patriots, I'd suggest that you try reading things more completely, and stop taking comments out of context. If you do not know what it means to take things out of context, find and ask a smart person. If, indeed, there are any in your area who would dare come within twenty yards of yourself. Imbecile.

Practice Squad

Postby StillCurtain » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Also numbnuts, it was not specified whether it was cortisone (which given the timeframe it most likely was) or anabolic steroid.

The Patriots wear a scarlet letter for CHEATING!!! Belicheat and company do not deserve to be mentioned among the all time great teams. They ARE a DISGRACE to the NFL and football fans alike. I look forward to seeing their demise and return to mediocrity (see Zolak and Secules era).

We shall see how they do this year. My prediction is they derail and lose to the Jets, twice (ok, maybe once, but still)!
Last edited by StillCurtain on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are Two kinds of people in life, those that like the Stillers... and those that wish they did!" - a Wise Man

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 pm

was it illegal to use steroids in 1970? I think not.

YOU FAIL.

Practice Squad

Postby pedd » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:00 pm

they were prescribed to him by a DOCTOR. You know, a doctor.

dont make it seem like it was a unbiased doctor, the doctor was the steelers TEAM doctor.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:19 pm

Dr. prescribed steroids to treat an injury during an era when that was completely accepted and legal versus a blatant disregard for league rules after having warned about following the rules... hmmmmm.... it's hard to compare. :? :turnback:

Practice Squad

Postby Mug-Z » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 pm

TheOldRanger wrote:You idiot. Read the Sporting News' article, and try reading all the words, not just the one-syllable ones that you recognize. He used steroids, true: they were prescribed to him by a DOCTOR. You know, a doctor.

This is very true, though the most incriminating part that he said on the Dan Patrick show was, ""We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing. My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up (healing after) injury, and I thought nothing of it. There was a ton of this stuff going on, man, everywhere on our team so I didn't really think anything of it. At the same time, we were using something like four doctors to issue me steroids 'cause after a while they'd be under scrutiny from the FDA saying to them, Hey, why are you filling steroid prescriptions for Bradshaw on 10 different occassions during the season? Failure to stop was my fault. I should have ended all that stuff after my second season but I didn't. At the same time, it was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn't to get bigger and stronger and faster. I knew what I was doing and I knew that it was wrong.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:39 pm

What an idiot you are Pedd. Steroids were not illegal nor did anyone know what the side effects these medications would do later in their lives. The Patriots knowingly cheated. There is no comparison.

Practice Squad

Postby BSwizter » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:31 pm

trenches wrote:Dr. prescribed steroids to treat an injury during an era when that was completely accepted and legal versus a blatant disregard for league rules after having warned about following the rules... hmmmmm.... it's hard to compare. :? :turnback:

Nice spin trenches...

However the more logical anwser is...

1. doc prescribed or not... EVERYONE knew the effects of roids even in the 70's.

2. They where not legal.. just not ban at the time..

3. By using them to heal faster still gave the steelers a unfair competive advantage.

4. Yep seems BB ignored the warning with a spin much like the one you came up with....

why did Bradshaw wait what 30 years to say anything about it?

even if your doc told you to take somehting that EVERYONE knows has long term sideffects to get back on the field.. would you full well knowing it will heal in TIME.... on its own?

NO body would... except those seeking a unfair advantage.

fact is he knew it was wrong or he would have never said anything about it.

heck Pats got caugh cheating BUT why no mass outrage from the rest of the NFL (sure porter, ward bitched) but I mean the whole NFL as a massive group.. you know why? Becasue everyone was doing it... Mangini ratted BB out cause he hates him...

either way BOTH are wrong.

BTW.. thanks for the ban... :cheers:

switz out

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:43 pm

But, I'll bet those tall and lofty mountain ranges of cocaine huffed up their distended nostrils did not enhance the performance of Switzer's Cowpunks, no, not at all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:14 am

You are acting as if only TB or the Steelers used roids of any type in that era. But the only team in that era that is known to have used anabolic roids was the Raiders. Not saying other teams including the Steelers didnt but evidently there were players from all teams using some form of roids so that just kills your case.
BB and the Cheatriots were the ONLY team caught cheating in the way they were. No other team has been caught or admitted to doing so.
And more than Ward and Porter bitched but you only heard about their complaints. The Rams filed a formal complaint as well as 7 other teams , but ooooops, that was not reported on ESPN Prime Time. Why???? One word Gillette
And for the other retard, You know who you are, The Dallas Cowqueers of your era were on more wanted posters than cereal boxes. They couldnt function in society after snorting all the Coke that the team gave them so they became wife beaters, dealers father rapers, child molestors, etc but we know you are a gangster (with a squirt gun and loli-pop) and look up to that crap. But the real problem was that they thought what they were snorting was cocaine but it was really speed and roids mixed, then they had to look at pictures of BS (Even his initials spell out what he was a pile of) no wonder they got in trouble.

Practice Squad

Postby gumband » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am

It’s also possible that Bradshaw was referring to a simple cortizone shot, which many doctors in the 1970’s referred to as simply, a “steroid-shot.” Yes, cortizone shots are technically a steroid, but also legal to use to this day.

steroids dated back to 1963, when the San Diego Chargers hired the first NFL strength coach. The coach, Alvin Roy, not only worked for the Chargers, but eventually to Kansas City, Dallas and the Raiders, bringing steroids with him to each. Roy was extremely successful. The Chargers won an AFL championship in 1963 with Roy. The Chiefs and Cowboys would go on to win Super Bowls in 1970 and 1972 respectively, both with Roy as the strength trainer. The Raiders would hire Roy in 1979. Although he died that year, the Raiders would go on to win the Super Bowl the following season.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelWolf » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

In two words...

EPIC FAIL.

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 am

I'm just HAPPY AND PROUD that the Steelers where PIONEERS, they 'ROIDED UP 1st and won 4 titles before the rules made it illegal!!! GOOD JOB STEELERS for taking advantage of USING STEROIDS before most others thought of it and BEFORE THERE WHERE SPECIFIC, WRITTEN RULES AGAINST IT and BRINGING HOME THE LOMBARDI FOUR TIMES!!!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 am

pedd wrote:bradshaw admits to being on roids. lolol i cant wait to read your responce to thus!!!

What a deranged crybaby. Probably can't tell the difference between taint and asshole.

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:05 am

If the Steelers won 3 Super Bowls by filming other team's practices and sideline signals, I'd be celebrating that too.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 pm

BSwizter wrote:
trenches wrote:Dr. prescribed steroids to treat an injury during an era when that was completely accepted and legal versus a blatant disregard for league rules after having warned about following the rules... hmmmmm.... it's hard to compare. :? :turnback:

Nice spin trenches...

However the more logical anwser is...

1. doc prescribed or not... EVERYONE knew the effects of roids even in the 70's.

2. They where not legal.. just not ban at the time..

3. By using them to heal faster still gave the steelers a unfair competive advantage.

4. Yep seems BB ignored the warning with a spin much like the one you came up with....

Another true dumbfuck in this world is this idiot who is a Steeler fan trying to pretend to be a cowboy fan.

Let me set you straight dumbass. I'll take everything you posted one at a time to keep it slow enough for you.

1. Nobody knew the long term effects of steroids in the 70s. In other words... There were no long term studies on them yet dumbshit.

2. You say that steroids were illegal but not banned? Think about that dumbass. If something was illegal it would already be banned. You are dumber than a fucking rock. Steroids were banned by the NFL in 1987. Steroids are not and have never been illegal. Anabolic steroids are a Schedule III drug and considered a controlled substance. In other words you just need a prescription dumbass. (although that won't fly in the NFL today)

3. When you are talking about steroids used to help heal quicker you are not talking about anabolic steroids. You are talking about Corticosteroids and they are not a banned substance when used for a medical condition.

4. What the fuck are you talking about? I repeat... you are a dumbass.

BSwizter wrote:
why did Bradshaw wait what 30 years to say anything about it?

It would help if you actually read the interview, then you might not ask such stupid questions. The man was asked a direct question and answered it. Dumbshits like yourself read something else into the answer.

BSwizter wrote:even if your doc told you to take somehting that EVERYONE knows has long term sideffects to get back on the field.. would you full well knowing it will heal in TIME.... on its own?

NO body would... except those seeking a unfair advantage.

Once again, you are a fucking dumbass. Nobody knew the long term effects. Up until the 1980s they were not even sure that steroids did anything other than give a placebo effect.

BSwizter wrote:fact is he knew it was wrong or he would have never said anything about it.

So, anything a person says about something is wrong because they are talking about it? The man was asked a question dumbass, not going to the confessional.

BSwizter wrote:heck Pats got caugh cheating BUT why no mass outrage from the rest of the NFL (sure porter, ward bitched) but I mean the whole NFL as a massive group.. you know why? Becasue everyone was doing it... Mangini ratted BB out cause he hates him...

Try actually reading for once dumbass. There was mass outrage over what the Pats did. It ended when the NFL fined and took away their first round draft pick. It ended the story even though the fine should have been heavier.

BSwizter wrote:switz out

Fairly obvious that you have been "out" for years. Fucking dumbass.

Return to Stillers Talk