Ravens 5 - 11

Practice Squad

Re: Predict the AFC North outcome 2008

Postby fadden » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Steelers: 9-7
Bengals: 9-7
Browns: 7-9
Ravens: 5-11

Steelers get the tiebreaker by sweeping cinci.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelWolf » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:46 pm

fadden wrote:Steelers: 9-7

I seriously doubt the bengals do that well, they are really breaking apart in the locker room. Johnson is trying to get on IR, I doubt Housh is going to be happy, and Palmer is just a little baby.

I see 7-9 at best...

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:36 pm

SteelWolf wrote:
fadden wrote:Steelers: 9-7

I seriously doubt the bengals do that well, they are really breaking apart in the locker room. Johnson is trying to get on IR, I doubt Housh is going to be happy, and Palmer is just a little baby.

I see 7-9 at best...
my initial impulse was to put the browns up there at 9-7 with us,

but that seems too obvious and predictable. i have to think that at least one of the steelers/browns will drop off this season, and at least one of cinci/ravens will improve significantly.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 am

Browns 9-7
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 8-8
Bengals 6-10

I like the Ravens improving this year.

I predict the Browns and Steelers splitting wins and the Browns get the division after going 5-1 against the rest of the division.

Meanwhile, the Steelers lose at least one game to the Ravens putting them at a 4-2 divisional record, giving the Browns the tiebreaker.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 am

Steelers will surprise this year, Browns hit their peak and can't break into the top tier, Bungles continue their slow decline amidst internal strife, Ravens show heart but will lack overall talent to compete:

Steelers 12-4
Browns 9-7
Ravens 7-9
Bungles 6-10

Practice Squad

Postby smithessmokin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:16 am

steelers 11-5
ravens 5-11
bengals 6-10
browns 9-7
Starks for RT in 2008.

Max Starks- 17.5 sacks in 4 seasons.

Willie Colon- 12.25 sacks in 1 season.

You do the math. Now, who do you want starting at RT??

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Steelers 10 - 6
Browns 9 - 7
Bungles 7 - 9
Ravens 5 - 11

As with almost every year, I see this going down to the wire.
Marines should come with warning labels.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:46 pm

RAVENS....last year 5-11 ....this year they will play better as a team but have a new qb. so they should do better not counting qb position. counting qb position they could end much worse ....or much better....no one knows how the rook will play.....is he the next big ben? or is he the next alex smith? Their D gettin older....wrs im not impressed with

RAVENS 6-10

Bengals last year 7-9 and this year no chris henry, chad johnson just had an operation on foot i believe, they have lost all confidence in their coach i think, TJ the terrorist and chad J both want new contracts and will be slightly distracting, running back situation not impressive....

BENGALS 5-11

BROWNS....browns are becoming a great team right before our faces....last year 10-6 but winning on many easy teams....but...derek anderson is better than avg. their TE is possibly one of the top three in all the nfl and they just revamped their WR core this offseason and improved in multiple other areas especially in D. BROWNS are now dangerous. lets see if they put it all together this year....i say a much harder schedule makes it tough but team improving overall leaves them at the same mark this year

BROWNS 10-6

STEELERS last year 10-6 same as browns but we gave up some easy games due to injuries and should have easily cruised to 12-4 last year.Big ben had a break out year and this year he has many more weapons....MASSIVE WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION. We are likely to keep all seven draft picks which means we had a stellar draft...btw last years draft is how the giants got to the superbowl. all their rookies played well. our o line got worse again but possibly better also.....i know that doesnt make sense but thats how i see it playing out...better this year in some ways but worse in others i fear. luckily ben has more targets this year to dump off to and more playmakers that make plays on their own. I like to call em GAMECHANGERS....players like L.T. .....T.O.....BIG BEN.....ANTONIO GATES....... well i believe we got TWO OF THOSE TYPE in this draft in RASHARD MENDENHALL and LIMAS SWEED...... and i dont care about schedule. we see that every year great teams end up sucking and horrible teams surprise everyone. our schedule doesnt mean SHIT to us....but conversely the browns WILL be intimidated by their schedule. ....steelers dont get intimidated.

STEELERS 13-3 possibly 15-1 and thats a real possibility. btw if our o line somehow miraculously gels....we will go undefeated this year. zero losses all the way to a superbowl win.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:STEELERS 13-3 possibly 15-1 and thats a real possibility. btw if our o line somehow miraculously gels....we will go undefeated this year. zero losses all the way to a superbowl win.

...I'd love to believe you HomerI5, but with our schedule this year, I just don't see it happening...

Also, the concern should be much more toward the D-Line pulling their weight than the O-Line:
Keisel at 30 in week 2 will be our youngest starter when we open the season, and is right now the only "official" RDE on the roster.
Smith isn't 100% and remains a big :?: for 9/7, and Kirschke (34?!?!?!?) and Eason (28 - Lord, save us) are our first backup DEs.

Don't know 'bout you, but I'm a little concerned...

Reality is, we just need to do better than the Brownies and take the division to secure our playoff spot. (Ratbirds and Pussie-cats can fuggettaboutit...)

Then, maybe we can talk SB, depending on how healthy we are at that time.
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 am

we have the best d line in the nfl. barring injury. way better than oline. re study your season grasshopper. we dominated the first half of season till injuries took out starters.

Practice Squad

Postby Yazman of Steel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Steelers win the division @ 10-6. Cleveland and Cincy finish below .500. Baltimore maybe slips in @ 8-8. Anderson is a flash in the pan, Cincy is a mess, Baltimore gets older and older and has no QB worth speaking of.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Yazman of Steel wrote:Steelers win the division @ 10-6. Cleveland and Cincy finish below .500. Baltimore maybe slips in @ 8-8. Anderson is a flash in the pan, Cincy is a mess, Baltimore gets older and older and has no QB worth speaking of.

I'd like to see that happen. After they wasted their 2008 draft picks and lost their best corner for an aging out of shape DL to win it all this year, the looks on everyone's faces Cleveland after finishing below .500 would be priceless :yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Yazman of Steel wrote:Steelers win the division @ 10-6. Cleveland and Cincy finish below .500. Baltimore maybe slips in @ 8-8. Anderson is a flash in the pan, Cincy is a mess, Baltimore gets older and older and has no QB worth speaking of.

I'd like to see that happen. After they wasted their 2008 draft picks and lost their best corner for an aging out of shape DL to win it all this year, the looks on everyone's faces Cleveland after finishing below .500 would be priceless :yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Well here we go. I do not think that our lines are good enough to win against many of the quality teams on out schedule. I do not have faith in the Head Coach after the debacle against Jax in the P.O.'s. So here are my predictions.

Cleveland 11-5

Pittsburgh 9-7

Baltimore 8-8

Cincy 6-10

I hope I am wrong but I do not forsee a pleasant ending to this campaign. Maybe the O-line will Gel and the LBs will get to the QB and the DBs can cover someone. Maybe Ben will learnto hit a receiver in stride deep and wont get sacked 65 times. Maybe Tomlin will have a fire lit under him and quit being a speechmaker and start worrying about this teams future.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 am

Predicted record AT BEST

Texans- In what should be a walkthrough game for us, Tomlin sets the tone for the season in 34-14 WIN but our OL still looks shaky as Williams rounds the corner for a couple of sacks and losses.
@Browns- Anderson comes out firing after an opening loss to the Cowboys. However, Anderson sees a lot more pressure coming from all sides with Woodley, Harrison and Timmons. Tomlin also sees that their secondary is suspect after being exploited by Romo and the Cowboys. Roethlisberger getting the ball away quickly is the key. Expect to see a game similar to last years minus all of the debacles on special teams. 30-27 WIN
@Eagles- Steelers will have trouble containing Westbrook and their 46 pick DeSean Jackson gives McNabb a target, but his inexperience will show. Steelers overall are the better team and WIN 27-17
Ravens- Ravens look as dysfunctional as ever. By this week, they probably are sitting at an 0-3 record (possibly 1-2) with losses to the Bengals, Texans, and Browns. I would not be surprised if Flacco is starting week 4. Steelers WIN 35-7
@Jaguars- Grudge match between two equally skilled teams though I'm still not sold on Garrard. Hes bound throw more INTs this season and I wouldn't be surprised if last season was a downright fluke. However, we will see similar looks from them on defense with 8-9 in the box. On the other hand, We will show that we will be able to run the ball just as well as them with our x-factor Rashard Mendenhall. Could go either way imo. As long as Roethlisberger doesn't start slow, the Steelers finally overcome their nemesis and WIN 27-24 in OT
BYE
@Bengals- Limas Sweed has his first breakout game of the season. No way the Bungles secondary can cover Holmes, Ward, as well as our 2nd round pick. Sweed earns the #3 receiver spot from Nate despite KC's feelings for him. Steelers WIN 34-17
Giants- Losing Subway boy and will hurt. With the leadership missing from the defense, the Giants will not make the playoffs. Steelers win 28-17
@Redskins- Even though they drafted Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly to go along with Santana Moss and Randle El, they still have Jason Campbell at quarterback :x MNF will be fun (I will be attending in DC). With me waving my terrible towel next to my friends (all of which are Skin fans), theres no way we can lose. Steelers WIN 45-21
Colts- Establishing the running game is key however Peyton and the Colts will be a little too much. We will finally break down after a hectic schedule (though I don't believe the Colts will be as dominant as they have been in the past 4 years). We LOSE 24-14
Chargers- Ben usually doesn't respond well to losing and the downhill spiral continues. Tomlinson has his way with fatass Casey Hampton and Brett the bum Keisel rushing for 120+ yards. Tomlin looks at Lebeau in disgust. Steelers LOSE 33-20
Bengals- Tomlin rebounds from 2 straight losses and the Steelers WIN 24-14
@*Patriots- Steelers get their act together and finally take down the cheaters. Brady is in shock as he gets sacked 6 times with different looks from our LBs. Expect to see Bruce Davis in rotation with Harrison. Meanwhile, Willie and Mendenhall combine for over 200 yards. Steelers edge the Pats and WIN 31-27
Cowboys- Cowboys show that they are the real deal this year and start to show their dominance. Romo, minus Jessica Simpson, has his way with our secondary. Steelers LOSE 27-14
@Ravens- Flacco shows that the Ravens that they may have found their franchise QB. This game will be a lot closer than the first. Ravens, however, will not be able to stop Mendenhall at the end of the game like they did with Fast Willie on MNF. However, Steelers WIN 24-20
Titans- Great defense with no offense. Steelers win 17-9
Browns- Finally get to see Dennis Dixon start as we rest for the playoffs. However, to the Steelers fans dismay, this guy throws 4 INTs to an abysmal secondary. Trying to make himself look at least a little better, he tries to use his athleticism and begins to run with the ball resulting in 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Browns, meanwhile are playing for a playoff spot but need help from other teams. Lebeau looks at Tomlin in disgust. Steelers LOSE 27-7

OVERALL RECORD 12-4
Last edited by No l Gravity l on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 am

Good to see the board kind of working again.

Steelers - 9-7
Bungals - 8-8
Browneyes - 6-10
Ravens - 6-10

Tough road for the AFC North this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:11 pm

gravity....interesting thoughts on all games but you are so far out in space on the last game it isnt funny.....

we go into game sixteen at 12-3 and we sit big ben for dixon? DIXON??? and we leave him in for four ints? so that we can give up home field in playoffs to the colts, pats, or chargers???

NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL. 13-3 vs 12-4 would mean at least one more home play off game possibly home field throughout.

and charlie batch would be the number two qb....not dixon....although i love picking dixon in rd five no way in hell we put that kind of pressure on a rook with two other healthy qbs on the team.

no way in hell

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Anyone in the division going 12-4 or 11-5 is a huge, goggle-wearin' stretch. The schedule is brutal with a tough non-division schedule in both conferences.

I see the black-n-gold struggling this year (along with the rest of the division).

Pittsburgh 9-7
Cleveland 9-7
Baltimore 7-9
Cinci 5-11

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:gravity....interesting thoughts on all games but you are so far out in space on the last game it isnt funny.....

we go into game sixteen at 12-3 and we sit big ben for dixon? DIXON??? and we leave him in for four ints? so that we can give up home field in playoffs to the colts, pats, or chargers???

NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL. 13-3 vs 12-4 would mean at least one more home play off game possibly home field throughout.

and charlie batch would be the number two qb....not dixon....although i love picking dixon in rd five no way in hell we put that kind of pressure on a rook with two other healthy qbs on the team.

no way in hell

Haha yeah week 17 was just my rant on Dennis Dixon.= :D

Next

Return to Stillers Talk