Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mendenhall as kick returner?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Mendenhall as kick returner?

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:36 am

I see that the Stillers want to work Mendenhall in as a kick returner. Do you do this with a franchise running back?

Practice Squad

Re: Mendenhall as kick returner?

Postby smithessmokin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 am

LambertoCincoOcho wrote:I see that the Stillers want to work Mendenhall in as a kick returner. Do you do this with a franchise running back?

well, considering he has a few years before willie parker is declining, um, yeah. he is not the franchise-- yet.
Starks for RT in 2008.

Max Starks- 17.5 sacks in 4 seasons.

Willie Colon- 12.25 sacks in 1 season.

You do the math. Now, who do you want starting at RT??

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:20 am

smithessmokin wrote:
LambertoCincoOcho wrote:I see that the Stillers want to work Mendenhall in as a kick returner. Do you do this with a franchise running back?

well, considering he has a few years before willie parker is declining, um, yeah. he is not the franchise-- yet.
willie parker:

2004: 5.8 YPA
2005: 4.7 YPA
2006: 4.4 YPA
2007: 4.1 YPA

yes, clearly parker's career won't see any decline for years.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Where did you get those stats? They look like you made them up and pulled em out of your ass. please provide the link.

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:Where did you get those stats? They look like you made them up and pulled em out of your ass. please provide the link.
???

you honestly have no idea where to look up parker's career stats?

try googling:

nfl willie parker

or

fox willie parker

or

reference willie parker

or

tons of other stuff. it's really not very hard.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:33 pm

just what i figured......btw take out 2004 as he had sub 100 attempts. that will throw off an average something fierce. ALSO what your dumbass biased statistics DONT show and what you fail to mention because you are an asshat is that fast willie wasnt getting any goal line carries in 04 or 05. that was for THE BUS.

In 06 and 07 he had goal line carries. thus the decline and 07 we had horrible o line issues.

so your theory that fast willie is falling apart is absurd.

Practice Squad

Postby gumband » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:19 am

do you remember the 49ers game with our newly drafted running back returning kickoffs (that was his last, needless to say {believe it was Foster})?

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:38 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:just what i figured......btw take out 2004 as he had sub 100 attempts. that will throw off an average something fierce. ALSO what your dumbass biased statistics DONT show and what you fail to mention because you are an asshat is that fast willie wasnt getting any goal line carries in 04 or 05. that was for THE BUS.

In 06 and 07 he had goal line carries. thus the decline and 07 we had horrible o line issues.

so your theory that fast willie is falling apart is absurd.
i could point out all the flaws in this post, but that would further push away from the point.

which is:
Parker was never a great RB, and now he is an RB at the age where runningbacks tend to see significant declines in their production. parker will be 28; shaun alexander had his career year at 28 before nosediving, but RBs in general peak around 24-27 and then drop off sharply after 26-27.

Practice Squad

Postby CantStop39 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:15 pm

fadden u r by far the biggest moron on this board. :?

im friends with willie and hes been working out harder this year than any other year. Hes in the best shape of his life, and possibly faster, yes i said faster, than last year. o and idk if u watched any of the games last year...but parker was leading the LEAGUE, yes i said LEAGUE in rushing up until he broke his leg. At the end of the season parker was only like 120 yds behind tomlinson, and he didnt even play the last 2 games. So u go ahead and hate on parker, but it will only show ur "intelligence" in a negative way.

Get ready to eat ur words this season my friend :lol:

Practice Squad

Postby fadden » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 pm

CantStop39 wrote:fadden u r by far the biggest moron on this board. :?

im friends with willie and hes been working out harder this year than any other year. Hes in the best shape of his life, and possibly faster, yes i said faster, than last year. o and idk if u watched any of the games last year...but parker was leading the LEAGUE, yes i said LEAGUE in rushing up until he broke his leg. At the end of the season parker was only like 120 yds behind tomlinson, and he didnt even play the last 2 games. So u go ahead and hate on parker, but it will only show ur "intelligence" in a negative way.

Get ready to eat ur words this season my friend :lol:
and i'm sure you were one of the posters calling me a moron last summer for saying "i wouldn't touch Larry Johnson with a 10' pole".

parker is almost exactly 1 year younger than larry johnson.

now, i don't expect anywhere near the catastrophic dropoff in parker's production as i projected for Johnson, my original post was more with respect to Parker's likely production for 2009 and beyond.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:25 pm

fadden wrote:and i'm sure you were one of the posters calling me a moron last summer for saying "i wouldn't touch Larry Johnson with a 10' pole".

parker is almost exactly 1 year younger than larry johnson.

now, i don't expect anywhere near the catastrophic dropoff in parker's production as i projected for Johnson, my original post was more with respect to Parker's likely production for 2009 and beyond.

Umm...Larry Johnson was injured last year buddy and only started 8 games. KC also has an anemic offense and is dependent on him to carry the whole team.

Practice Squad

Postby CantStop39 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:59 pm

no i wasnt a poster for that larry johnson thread...

Parker may be 27, but he hasnt taken the physical beating that most 27 year olds have..due to the fact that hes only started 2 years. So if you take that into account his career and production should last longer than most 27 yr old RBs. As posted above, parker doesnt have the o-line that lets say AP has....if he did he would def be close to 2,000yds a season. With as many problems as our o-line has had over the past couple years, hes still made the probowl in both of his starting seasons, along w/ last year being our first year in a more balance offense with ben throwing the ball alot. Larry Johnson shouldnt be even talked about in the same breath as parker, they are two different backs, and parker is way more productive than him.

I think our o-line will be better than previous years due to the addition of Hartwig and i actually think kemo will do a better job than faneca....faneca was getting up ther in age, he was a great run blocker, but pass blocking not so much...carey davis will improve going into his second year starting at FB in this offense, and like i said, parker is in the best shape of his career and is HUNGRY for some football.

"Dont even blink" - Willie Parker

Return to Stillers Talk