Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Micah Rucker...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Micah Rucker...

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
4nic8 wrote:I realize what I am wishing for is improbable at best.

I believe I have made it clear that I am only wishing Rucker would take Nate's spot.

I am also just looking ahead a little bit. If we're not going to sign Nate long-term (despite all his productive numbers...) we are going to need someone RIGHT NOW. You're right, we have little, to no experience behind Ward. So get your future players in there now. If Nate isn't one of them (evidenced by the 1-yr contract) let's get someone else some experience before training camp next year.

And you know if my wishes come true...the Rucker kid is something special...which should make any Stiller happy. Another productive WR for peanuts.

My wishes, as of now:

1. Ward
2. Holmes
3. Sweed
4. Washington
5. Rucker

My wishes for next year:

1. Holmes
2. Ward
3. Sweed
4. Rucker
5. Baker

Washington will be a hell of a player in the AFL next year. :yes:

You can make moronic comments about Washington being an Arena League player next year, or little snide remarks about his numbers, but the fact remains that Washington absolutely SHIT ALL OVER Cedrick Wilson and Willie Reid's production. I mean, most people would be pretty happy with 9 TD's and over 1,000 yards receiving out of a third receiver in the last two years, but obviously you expect much more.

Also, you seem awfully resigned to the fact that Washington will not be re-signed by the Steelers in 2009. You may be right about that, but I have a feeling that you might want to hold your horses a bit. With Ward being somewhat injury prone (and over 30 years of age) the last few years and Sweed being a rookie, Washington is going to get his chances to impress this season. If he steps his game up even further, shows more consistency and puts up, say close to 700 yards receiving a maybe 6-7 TD catches in 2008, well.....don't be surprised if the Steelers don't make a nice push to bring him back.

Not saying that's definitely going to happen, but I wouldn't write #85's obituary quite yet. If Micah Rucker puts up anywhere near 500 yards receiving and 5 TD's within the next few years, like Washington did in 2007, I have a feeling you'll be elated.

If Nate has a "breakout" year, I will be more than happy to come back here and take my floggings.

I like Nate's numbers from last year. Can you remind me of the 5 TD's he caught? Did he get 2 in garbage time against the Ratbirds? When did he get the other TD's? Did he get 2 against the vaunted Rams Defense?

The things that stick out in my mind about Nate circa 2007:

The Denver game he could have single-handedly won, instead absolutely shit the bed.

The Jets game he padded BR's INT stat, cause he decided to play a tip drill with the Jets DB's.

He had good games against the rookie ratbirds and the underachieving Rams, but was nonexistent for every other game.

It would be a HUGE step for him to replace Ward anytime before 2012.

I'm ready for a new prospect. A big guy with good hands and athletic ability.

But if that guy is not on our roster, Then GO NATE! Tear it up and make the FO start inking a new deal.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:21 pm

He had good games against the rookie ratbirds and the underachieving Rams, but was nonexistent for every other game.

Those "underachieving Rams" played us in a must win game, with huge playoff implications. Nate Washington destroyed that secondary BY HIMSELF. Tell me another receiver (meaning Holmes, Ward, Miller, ANYBODY) that was more impressive in that game.
You can say what you want about the Ravens game, but Washington came up big, against NFL players.

His most important TD? The one you fail to mention? The game tying TD catch late in the 4th quarter against Jacksonville. Washington was injured on the play but stayed in the game.

Well again....we'll see if your boy Micah Rucker gets to put up 9 TD catches in 2 seasons as a Steeler. The odds are HUGE against him doing just that, but maybe he could follow another undrafted kid that succeeded at the NFL level, yet continually gets no respect from dumbfucks.

That kid from Tiffin.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:31 pm

The Denver game he could have single-handedly won, instead absolutely shit the bed.

Why do you keep mentioning this game?

Let me clue you in.....Washington was targeted ONCE by Roethlisberger. ONCE. That would be one more than none and came away with something like a 43 yard catch on a bomb over the middle.

He didn't see anymore passes after that, the entire game.

Check this out: http://www.wpxi.com/sports/14381329/detail.html

The Steelers wasted no time taking the lead in the game as they took the opening possession 60 yards in eight plays and got in the end zone on a one- yard toss from Roethlisberger to Miller with just four minutes played. The big play of the drive occurred on 3rd-and-7 as Roethlisberger found Nate Washington over the middle on a 40-yard catch.

Show me, anywhere you can find it, where Washington had another ball thrown his way and explain to me how he "absolutely shit the bed."

Good luck, because you're gonna need it.

EDIT:

Yeah, thinking back to this game, when the Steelers were driving to tie the game in the 4th quarter, the Steelers went with 2 TE's, along with Ward & Holmes.

Washington wasn't even on the field. Pretty tough to "win a game all by yourself' when 1) all the Steelers could do was tie the game and 2) you're not even on the field.

I'm beginning to think you're a troll that just likes to spout stupid bullshit. Yep, there's no doubt about that.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:46 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:

Let me clue you in.....Washington was targeted ONCE by Roethlisberger. ONCE. That would be one more than none and came away with something like a 43 yard catch on a bomb over the middle.

Show me, anywhere you can find it, where Washington had another ball thrown his way and explain to me how he "absolutely shit the bed."

I bring up the Denver game because he started and that was his chance to show what he could do.

Unless my memory is failing me, Nate had two steps on a fly pattern, hesitated while the ball was in the air, and missed it by inches...2nd Qtr.?

Later...Nate runs a deep in right into coverage while BR is throwing the skinny post, because nobody was within 10 fucking yards. Would've been six if Nate runs away from coverage instead of into it.

When did he get the 40 yd catch?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm

This article says a lot of good things about Nate,

But this, in a nutshell, is why I am not his biggest fan. But I doubt anyone can take that crown from you.

While Washington has outstanding hands, he has…well…we’ll just call it “random and momentary brain fade” — and it always seems to happen on a crucial third-down play when the pass hits him right between the numbers. While he can twist, stretch, contort and almost fly to catch balls that are in ridiculous positions, it’s those lapses in concentration at important, and potentially game changing, junctures that make you want to hang him from the goal post by his jock strap.

http://mvn.com/nfl-steelers/2008/05/13/ ... ashington/

And who's the fucking troll. Anybody says one cross word about your boy and they get this rammed down their throats:

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:04 pm

4nic8 wrote:
Kill Cowher wrote:

I bring up the Denver game because he started and that was his chance to show what he could do.

Unless my memory is failing me, Nate had two steps on a fly pattern, hesitated while the ball was in the air, and missed it by inches...2nd Qtr.?

Later...Nate runs a deep in right into coverage while BR is throwing the skinny post, because nobody was within 10 fucking yards. Would've been six if Nate runs away from coverage instead of into it.

When did he get the 40 yd catch?

Um...Washington didn't start the game and was only targeted with ONE PASS.

ONE.

He caught it for 40 yards and he was lined up in the slot.

You're one serious dumbfuck.

Try reading the fucking article I posted. Holmes had a TD catch and Ward had 7 catches for 78 yards.

Is your retarded mind somehow thinking Washington started ahead of Ward & Holmes?

:D

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:20 pm

I believe my retarded mind confused the Denver game with the Arizona game.

I've tried to erase both games from my memory, but something about Nate keeps coming back:

those lapses in concentration at important, and potentially game changing, junctures that make you want to hang him from the goal post by his jock strap.

Yep. That's what I remember.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelWolf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
SteelWolf wrote:I seriously doubt that the FO is willing to give up on Reid this year. Given he hasn't shown much at all, I think they are pretty stubborn and will hang onto him for one more year.

I'm guessing:

Holmes
Ward
Sweed
Washington
Reid

With Rucker on the PS

Well, most feel that Holmes, Ward, Sweed and Washington are flat-out locks. All reports that I've read say that Ben has taken a major liking to Dallas Baker and has been working with him to make him a better player. These same reports say that Baker has responded big time and has a major chance at making the squad.

I agree with you that I'm 100% sure the F.O. hasn't given up on Willie Reid just yet, but I think you'll agree with me when I say that Willie Reid had better be seriously impressive this summer and into the exhibition season. He better step it up BIG TIME and quickly.

I've been to a few training camps and Reid always does really well fielding punts and kicks, last year he was doing it with one hand behind his back.

It just seems to me that the coaches always put him in when it's crunch time and as soon as he makes a mistake they crash down on him.

I really hope he can step it up...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 pm

4nic8 wrote:I believe my retarded mind confused the Denver game with the Arizona game.

I've tried to erase both games from my memory, but something about Nate keeps coming back:

those lapses in concentration at important, and potentially game changing, junctures that make you want to hang him from the goal post by his jock strap.

You don't remember shit actually and you just proved that.

Sorry Washington didn't win the Denver game "all by himself," because he started and all, ahead of Ward...or was it Holmes?

:roll:

What a fucking dolt.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:
4nic8 wrote:I believe my retarded mind confused the Denver game with the Arizona game.

You don't remember shit actually and you just proved that.

Sorry Washington didn't win the Denver game "all by himself," because he started and all, ahead of Ward...or was it Holmes?

What a fucking dolt.

While I did forget what game it was that he shit the bed. The plays I mention are accurate for the Cards game, No?

I don't keep pictures of Nate with all his stats and play by plays under my pillow, so I admit, you are the residential expert on this subject.

If you say Nate is great, it must be true. Especially if you designate 5 fucking pages to it.

GO STEELERS AND GO #85

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:44 pm

While I did forget what game it was that he shit the bed. The plays I mention are accurate for the Cards game, No?

I don't keep pictures of Nate with all his stats and play by plays under my pillow, so I admit, you are the residential expert on this subject.

If you say Nate is great, it must be true. Especially if you designate 5 fucking pages to it.

GO STEELERS AND GO #85

The funniest part, is that your retarded ass is blowing Micah Rucker for destroying Ulysses S. Grant State and Helen Keller University last season, while shitting on Washington for making big plays against NFL teams.

:yes:

How seriously ignorant....but entertaining.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Washington could be key player, but, so far, he is dropping the ball

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07221/808117-66.stm

But he's come a long way baby...

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

1,000 yards and 9 TD's

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:

GO STEELERS AND GO #85

The funniest part, is that your retarded ass is blowing Micah Rucker for destroying Ulysses S. Grant State and Helen Keller University last season, while shitting on Washington for making big plays against NFL teams.

:yes:

How seriously ignorant....but entertaining.

Shame on me for rooting for some UDFA that no one is giving a chance to succeed.

Who fucking does that?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Nate Washington is maddeningly enigmatic. Here’s a guy who can make the most spectacular catches you can imagine, and has better ups than most NBA players. He’s got above-average speed and isn’t afraid to go across the middle when called upon. And then, just when you start to love the guy for what he does on the field — over a two-game stretch, he had three consecutive catches go for touchdowns — Ben Roethlisberger hits him between the numbers or in the palms of his hands, and he proceeds to…drop…the…damn…ball.

Again.

For all his virtues, Washington seems to suffer from a severe case of cerebral flatulence at least once, often twice or thrice, in each contest. It’s that sort of thing that has kept him from consistently overshadowing the overpaid, under-performing Cedrick Wilson and cementing his place as the team’s number three receiver.

In Washington’s defense, he did barely make the cut for the minimum number of starts to make this list. He doesn’t get the playing time that other guys do. And he certainly deserves his fair share of credit: his 29 catches for 450 yards were good enough for a 15.5-yard average, second-best on the team. He trailed only Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward and Heath Miller in both yards and touchdowns. But he’s still a professional football player, and should have a better ability to hold on to the ball. His tendency to drop the ball — particularly at crucial moments — has given the coaches just enough reason to continue to keep him in competition with Wilson and for me to give him a grade of C+.

http://mvn.com/nfl-steelers/2008/02/11/report-card-nate-washington/

It seems I am not alone in my analysis...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh my God, this guy from a Steeler blog hates Washington!

Your "analysis" has creedence!

:celebrate:

Tell me, why did Nate "shit the bed" so badly against Denver again? Why couldn't he "win the game all by himself?"

:o

Sweet analysis.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

I thought we already covered that.

Try to keep up...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm

4nic8 wrote:I thought we already covered that.

Try to keep up...

Oh, I've kept up. Micah Rucker destroys Whattsamatta U. and he's going to move Nate Washington off the roster.

I guess we'll see if you're right.

Please, promise me you won't bet your trailer on this happening.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby 4nic8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Naw, I won't bet the trailer...

Cause then I would have to evict you and your she-men when Nate has his "breakout" year.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Kill Cowher » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Let's hope Rucker makes it to the NFL, so he can suck as bad as Washington.

The odds are against him.

In a major way.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelWolf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Kill Cowher wrote:Let's hope Rucker makes it to the NFL, so he can suck as bad as Washington.

The odds are against him.

In a major way.

Odds are almost as bad as a 6th round quarterback going to a team that already had a decent QB.

What was his name?

Oh yeah, Tom Brady. Given rare finds like him are 1 in 1,000,000 it could happen. And yes, blah, blah, blah he had the D calls. He still has made some amazing throws in his day...

PreviousNext

Return to Stillers Talk