Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mendenhall making positive impression in camp!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Mendenhall making positive impression in camp!

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat May 31, 2008 1:36 am

Mendenhall making a positive impression in Pittsburgh

May 29, 2008

The way we hear it, Steelers rookie RB Rashard Mendenhall looks as though he will be a solid fit in Bruce Arians' offense. Mendenhall has caught the ball well in his brief Steelers career, and he's also shown the speed that helped make him such a well-regarded prospect. Mendenhall and probable third-down back Mewelde Moore are likely to be the first backs off the bench for Pittsburgh, which will have a more versatile backfield than it did a season ago. Mendenhall, who is healthy again after suffering a hamstring injury early in May, will primarily play the role of keeping starter Willie Parker fresh. At the NFL Players Rookie Premiere, Mendenhall told PFW he can learn a lot from the productive Parker simply by "seeing how he works every day, just his attitude about everything. I learned that when I got there, and I just feel like I’m picking up a lot just being under him."

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Mendenhall making positive impression in camp!

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Sat May 31, 2008 3:13 am

Nothing but good news coming out of this camp! Impressive that the rookie is looking good enough to beat out some of the other RBs already. As for Moore, I don't know much about him but I found this nugget on his Wiki page:

"Moore took 24 credits in spring 2004 so he could graduate on time with a double major in Finance and Accounting."

Hi5Steeler wrote:Mendenhall making a positive impression in Pittsburgh

May 29, 2008

The way we hear it, Steelers rookie RB Rashard Mendenhall looks as though he will be a solid fit in Bruce Arians' offense. Mendenhall has caught the ball well in his brief Steelers career, and he's also shown the speed that helped make him such a well-regarded prospect. Mendenhall and probable third-down back Mewelde Moore are likely to be the first backs off the bench for Pittsburgh, which will have a more versatile backfield than it did a season ago. Mendenhall, who is healthy again after suffering a hamstring injury early in May, will primarily play the role of keeping starter Willie Parker fresh. At the NFL Players Rookie Premiere, Mendenhall told PFW he can learn a lot from the productive Parker simply by "seeing how he works every day, just his attitude about everything. I learned that when I got there, and I just feel like I’m picking up a lot just being under him."

Return to Stillers Talk