Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » AB...not good

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

AB...not good

Postby Pommah » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:25 am

First a public argument with Ryan Clark, then news of dumping his agent for a guy with little sports agent credibility and a too-public image...don't like this one bit. Dude needs to look at the track record of ex-Steelers receivers

Hall of Famer

Re: AB...not good

Postby isfry » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm gonna play a little devil's advocate here, Pommah.

First, I don't necessarily have a problem with Brown's comments. Someone on this site even called Clark's comments out in February as asinine and a clear message that he did not expect to return. I agreed then. I agree now. Brown's response appeared measured to me, and focused on how to keep shit in the locker room and focus on team camaraderie and winning. I have no problem with that. Clark is the one who should keep his fucking mouth shut, in my opinion. Way to lay a huge fart right before leaving the room, Ryan.

As for the agent thing, Drew Rosenhaus has established himself as an ASSHOLE over the years and his kind of shenanigans are exactly what gives agents a bad name, in my opinion, and drives players to abandon all sense of loyalty for Rosenhaus' percentage. Jay-Z, on the other hand, while having very little record, has a reputation as a player friendly rep, and a decent guy. I would rather work with a new guy with a good reputation than a SCUMBAG with decades of experience.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:54 am

I just really hate it when these guys take private beefs public...and just 'cuz one starts it doesn't mean another should finish it, it should just be allowed to fade away. Responding only keeps that crap going. You know ownership hates that kind of stuff, Clark was on his way out, just let it die already, don't keep it going by responding. Maybe Jay-Z will be better for the guy in the long run, but the timing of it is odd, given AB's sudden propensity to make public comments. I think it's more if you look at AB's contract next to other WR's, it looks low; but once again, consider what team he's on and who is throwing to him.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu May 01, 2014 5:34 pm

I hear ya, bro. I certainly wish football players would stick to playing football. I guess in the grand scheme of things, especially against the backdrop of Ray Rice knocking his woman unconscious and Aldon Smith shouting a bomb threat at the airport, AB's comments didn't seem too out of line. In the end these guys are just people. I sure as hell know I did a handful of things I would take back when I was 25...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 am

I just don't get these guys. I don't care if they are stupid 20-somethings.

You are getting paid a king's ransom to play a game.

You can't possibly say anything, anything at all, without pissing off somebody, somewhere.

So shut the fukk up.

How hard is that? You want to come work for a living like the rest of us? That can be arranged.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 pm

no shit, right? Taco Bell is hiring...

Return to Stillers Talk