Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Darrius Heyward-Bey

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Postby isfry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Well, it looks like the Stillers decided to add a tall, rangy WR to their corps. Also, Heyward-Bey was drafted in the first round by the Raiders a few years back, so you know he's fast.

Wonder if this move means that the team plans to go in another direction with their first round pick than many have been speculating. Thoughts?

I like this sign, btw.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Darrius Heyward-Bey

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 am

I don't think this move will affect how they draft at No.15 in May, as it was strictly for depth purposes after losing Sanders and Cotchery. Plus, I didn't see enough out of Moye last season to make me think he'll make the team this season.

I still see Evans or Benjamin being The Steelers first round pick next month, and them subsequently signing him to a 4-5 year deal.(I'm just assuming the top WR in The Draft, Clemson's Sammy Watkins, will be gone by then.)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 am

"I didn't see enough out of Moye last season"

Nobody saw enough out of Moye last season as he rarely saw the field and was only targeted a handful of times. He had one great catch and one piss poor drop so who the hell knows how he really performs in the NFL?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Maybe Todd Haley's offense is so complex that people have to be around it for two to three years before they can be expected to grasp it enough to have any real play time. No, wait, that would be an asinine way to run a football team...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:"I didn't see enough out of Moye last season"

Nobody saw enough out of Moye last season as he rarely saw the field and was only targeted a handful of times. He had one great catch and one piss poor drop so who the hell knows how he really performs in the NFL?

My thing is that if he was really anything special, he would've saw the field more. I don't blame that on Haley. Moye more or less made the team last season because of lack of depth, as well as his 6'5 frame, with really good WRs at the position. I don't think that will be the case this year.

Return to Stillers Talk