Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers sign WR Lance Moore to 2 year deal.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers sign WR Lance Moore to 2 year deal.

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:19 pm

The Steelers signed former Saints WR Lance Moore to a 2 year deal according to ESPN and NFL.com.

As I said in a previous post, I like this signing. In fact, I think it worked out for the best that Cotchery signed with Carolina and we ended up inking Moore, as I think he's better than Jericho at this point in their careers. This will be Moore's 10th season in The NFL, yet he's only 30 years old. He was a dependable and often targeted pass catcher for Brees, including being on The 2009 team that won The Super Bowl. He isn't tall at only 5'9, but he is fast.

I would still take a WR with The First Round Selection to replenish the depth at that position. Now that we got a small by speedy wide-out, a tall specimen of a WR like Evans or Benjamin would fit nicely with Brown and Moore.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers sign WR Lance Moore to 2 year deal.

Postby Pommah » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am

Looks to me like Cotch's deal with the Panthers wasn't that rich. $8M/5years with 2.25 guaranteed. He is a year older, but 4 inches taller, than Moore. Plus he had a rapport with BR7. I suspect Moore has less than $1M guaranteed since no one else appeared to be interested in him. Maybe he can be a Welker-type receiver.

AB is good but it sure would be nice to have a badass tall receiver for Ben to throw to.

Return to Stillers Talk