Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » MJD

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

MJD

Postby Still CA Still » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:57 am

It would be a great move if the B&G were to add MJD to the backfield mix. He is a strong, unselfish player and a good pro; a perfect fit for this team at this time. He does many things well and would be a huge upgrade over the Clydesdales that we've been trotting out the past few years.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: MJD

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:02 pm

I agree. He and Bell would make a formidable 1-2 punch in the backfield.

Besides, Drew is only 29 and is a 3 time Pro Bowler and has rushed for 1,000 yards plus 3 times in his career all on a team that has mostly been terrible. Get er done, Colbert

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:26 pm

MJD left town without a contract. My guess he was asking too much based on his history or wasn't willing to take on a back-up role. There are plenty of quality back-up RB's out there to be found for reasonable amount of money or just pick up some 4 year guy late in the draft.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Makes me wonder why he even visited. He had to know with Bell he wouldn't be the feature back in this offense or they weren't going to pay top dollar for a back-up RB. Back to the drawing board.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:51 am

I disagree. I think we need MJD in the backfield as much as we need MGD in the locker room. ("Miller Genuine Draft" for the uninitiated.) If we are to pick up a second full-time back to complement Bell it should be someone who is completely different stylistically. Get a full on three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust guy? OK. But Bell has already proven himself to be quite capable out of the backfield and in open space. We don't need another backfield receiver. Especially not one who is small and about to get his career-ending injury in the next season and a half or so.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Read yesterday that MJD is looking for around $3.5 million deal. That's not back-up money, especially with our penny-pinching ways. Too bad because I, too, think he could be a great change of pace back.
But now I'm seeing that Legarrete Blount will be given the full-team interview on Friday after the winter meetings. Hopefully, his asking price is in line with what we can offer and his big, bruising, punch you in the mouth, 250lb ass can be signed.

Return to Stillers Talk