Board index » Stillers Talk » This guy is right on

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

This guy is right on

Postby Pommah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Grizzled Veteran

Re: This guy is right on

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:50 am

I completely agree. This guy nailed it. WHo the hell wants to go to the stadium anymore when staying home is such a better option? Sometimes my lady and I go to my favorite Steeler bar with 200+ Steeler fans, eat breakfast for two, drink a shit ton of beer, and still walk out only $40 lighter in the wallet. I still get the social setting with my fellow comrades, a huge screen, and a helluva good time.

My biggest problem with the NFL is still the officating as he so astutely pointed out. There were so many times I just couldn't believe my eyes last season on some of these really dicked up calls, with most of them stemming from $44M man's new rules.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Wow. Bullseye. He even covered player conduct without using the "T" word. I guess Richard Sherman's million-dollar attorney's PR stunt worked. Now white people can't say "thug" without looking over our shoulder first.
haha

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm a huge Pens fan. What is so eye-popping different about the 2 sports is the character of the players. When is the last time you heard of a hockey player beating his wife/girlfriend, getting busted for drugs or DUI, committing murder, anything? Hell, many NFL websites have a counter of days since last player arrest! The NFL could learn a lot about class from the NHL. I like how NHL coaches wear suits, players shake hands after beating the hell out of each other after a seven game series, etc., etc.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:51 pm

ThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThugThug

There - I feel better

Yes - dang good article - I think LA ought to call it's team the LA thugs

I wish just ONE sportswriter would come out and say once and for all - the 2012 season officiating scabs were JUST as GOOD as the regular Refs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 am

He Nailed it !!!

"5. PEDs and steroids

Does anybody really believe that the NFL has solved their PED/Steroid problem? Really? Have any of you had the opportunity to watch an NFL offensive of defensive line walk out of the tunnel on game day? I don’t want to throw accusations around so, let me give you a couple facts:

The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl I and their biggest player weighed 260 pounds.

In 1970 there was one player who weighed over 300 pounds. In 1980 that number grew to three and in 1990 there were 94 players tipping the scales at over 300 pounds. Do you know how many players weighed in at over 300 pounds in 2009? According to the New York Times there were 532 players listed at 300 pounds or greater.

Or, how about this: Does anybody remember the Washington Redskins offensive line of the early 80s affectionately called “The Hogs?” They earned that lovely nickname in part because they were so big. Do you know how big they were? Oh they were huge! The average weight of the 1982 Washington Redskins offensive line was 272 pounds."

On a side note : The NFL reinstated CB Browner. From Fox Sports :

"This is quite a surprising development as Browner appeared stuck in NFL limbo as soon as a month back. However, his agent Peter Schaffer had told the USA Today last week that he intended to file a federal lawsuit against the league. Schaffer attacked the NFL's testing program and said Browner was railroaded and moved from stage one to stage three for failiing to cooperate with tests."

I am willing to bet my house that he will not return to Seattle. Why ? It is simple. His agent must have gone to the NFL and told them he had proofs of the steroid program of the team. Imagine what a PR disaster. You Superbowl winners in a HUGE PED scandal. Go on NFL.com. You won't find the news of the reinstatment yet.

I Love this game. But they are making it very hard to follow it as I used to.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 am

The part of this article that I especially enjoyed related to Dallass and Jenny Jones. As far as I am concerned, they may remain where they are for the undetermined future and that will be alright for me. They belong exactly where they are - the basement or the garbage heap. Don't change a thing!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Ed Burns » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:10 am

Boom! He nailed it.

The point on the games in London, and in Toronto spot on. Those 2 cities could care less about Football. Los Angeles deserves a team. Even Stevie Wonder could see that, yet Goodell's too oblivious to that fact.

The point on Dallas, and Jerry Jones is perfect. Jones ran off Jimmy Johnson. Dallas deserves the spot they're in. I hope Romo continues to throw interceptions at a record rate, and they finish in the basement where they belong.

Return to Stillers Talk