Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » What would have been enough, John?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

What would have been enough, John?

Postby isfry » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:03 pm

So Ray Rice is arrested and charged with assault on his fiancé and the news is that the N.J. police have a VIDEO of him KNOCKING HER UNCONSCIOUS. In response, John Harbaugh had this to say, when asked if there was a scenario under which Rice would be released:

"Not that I'm aware of. I haven't seen anything that would remotely make me think that."

Really? NO scenario? Not even remotely possible? What if the video showed him punching her repeatedly in the face? Boys will be boys? What if he tore her head off and shit down her throat? Just a private family matter?

Horrible-awww went on to say, "There are a lot of question marks. But Ray's character, you guys know his character. So you start with that."

You and I apparently have a different definition of character, John. Character is not defined by yards per carry. Character is as character does, on AND off the field. Being involved in a violent physical altercation with a woman you are soon to marry does NOT show character, regardless of what the video ultimately shows. Before you leap to point out the obvious hypocrisy, that BR7 has multiple accusations in his past of shitty, potentially criminal behavior involving women, keep in mind I have never said Ben has "character." I love BR7 behind center, but he can't date my sister. Let's call a spade a spade.

The NFL, from coaches to management, needs to stop coddling these overpaid scumbags when they show their true colors in public. Violence against women does NOT SHOW CHARACTER, regardless of how many 4th and 37s you may have converted.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: What would have been enough, John?

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Beware of all Ray-vens. B'more should stay clear of anyone named Ray in the future. Both Harbaughs are complete tools and both of them have faces that scream "please punch me!".

:sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: What would have been enough, John?

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

This doesn't surprise me at all. A few years ago after a playoff win, Harbum actually gave the game ball to Ed Reed's deceased brother who died while running from the police.

'Nuff said.

Return to Stillers Talk