Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mike Tomlin: Cheat, or Just Really Clueless?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Mike Tomlin: Cheat, or Just Really Clueless?

Postby PalmerSucks » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:10 am

Mike Tomlin: Cheat, or Just Really Clueless? has been posted by Palmer Sucks at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: Mike Tomlin: Cheat, or Just Really Clueless?

Postby isfry » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Well done, Palmer. I was actually in the "he clearly did it on purpose" camp until reading this. I'm not sure you've sold me but I accept you premise as equally possible. Either way I agree on two points:

1. It doesn't really matter anyway. Either way it's a huge embarrassment for the team.
2. Jones doesn't score on that play anyway.

I also love the analysis of how to play Flacco.: guard against the moonball and don't make huge errors in other phases of the game to allow easy points. You'd think that Tomlin could have figured that out by now, too.

As far as Baltimore being bumped on the points-scored tiebreaker, which you concede as being only infinitesimally possible, they still need to win two games on the road and beat NE in Baltimore. I say they lose two out of three of those and make sidelinegate completely moot.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 am

Good read, PS. I agree it is giving Tomlin too much credit to say this was some diabolical, premeditated plan he successfully executed. If only he could craft a game plan with half of that ingenuity. That said, the video of him sliding to the edge of the white when Jones breaks into the open and turns it up the sideline is pretty damning, in my eyes.

What has me totally befuddled is how Tomlin isn't suspended for at least one game by the NFL. To punish the organization by taking away a draft pick goes to the notion that this incident was due to the loss of institutional control, not just the idiocy of one guy. It makes no sense to me, but then again, few things do with Godell.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Palmer Sucks... great writing as always. I go with clueless too!

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Clueless people can cheat too.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby EDREED20 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:28 pm

“There is always going to be a running debate about whether Flacco is elite. But Flacco is clutch, and it's hard to dispute otherwise,” wrote ESPN’s Jamison Hensley.

His fourth-quarter 82.1 QBR (Total Quarterback Rating), is the third best among all NFL quarterbacks, per ESPN. Manning and Andrew Luck are Nos. 1 and 2, respectively. Flacco is second in fourth-quarter touchdowns (8), only trailing Manning (11).

His late-game success even continues to get better deeper into the season.

In the last five minutes of games since October, Flacco has the best QBR (96.9) and passer rating (132.4) in the league.

“[D]uring the most important part of the game, there have been few better than Flacco this season,” wrote Hensley

Once again PS is talking about something he knows nothing about. The facts speak for themselves. This first lesson is free and your welcome!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Ed Reed! We have missed you, buddy!

I think history will judge Flacco the way it judges Brad Johnson, as a debate as to who the worst QB to ever win a SB was. Actually he's not that bad. Maybe he would have had two SB's if that idiot receiver hadn't allowed a perfectly thrown pass to be batted out of his arm in the end zone of the AFC championship game two seasons ago.

By, the way, where is your moniker's namesake these days? Haven't seem in the Ravens backfield. Is he hurt or something?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:39 am

EDREED20 wrote:“There is always going to be a running debate about whether Flacco is elite. But Flacco is clutch, and it's hard to dispute otherwise,” wrote ESPN’s Jamison Hensley.

His fourth-quarter 82.1 QBR (Total Quarterback Rating), is the third best among all NFL quarterbacks, per ESPN. Manning and Andrew Luck are Nos. 1 and 2, respectively. Flacco is second in fourth-quarter touchdowns (8), only trailing Manning (11).

In the last five minutes of games since October, Flacco has the best QBR (96.9) and passer rating (132.4) in the league.

“[D]uring the most important part of the game, there have been few better than Flacco this season,” wrote Hensley

Once again PS is talking about something he knows nothing about. The facts speak for themselves. This first lesson is free and your welcome!

Now let's go big picture for this entire season;

*Big Ben; -24 TD Passes -10 INTs -3,724 passing yards -94.1 QB rating -64.7% comp. percentage

*Flacco; -18 TD Passes -17 INTs -3,238 passing yards -77.0 QB rating -59.4% comp. percentage

Also just this season Ben become the 5th fastest QB in The Super Bowl Era to win 90 games. He also has a nice little streak of 26 straight games with at least 1 TD pass thrown.(27 if you want to count the playoff game in Denver 2 years ago.)

But I did get a kick out of your small window stats that attempted to make Faccid look "elite." Nice try.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 am

EDREED20 wrote:“There is always going to be a running debate about whether Flacco is elite. But Flacco is clutch, and it's hard to dispute otherwise,” wrote ESPN’s Jamison Hensley.

Now let's go big picture for this entire season;

*Big Ben; -24 TD Passes -10 INTs -3,724 passing yards -94.1 QB rating -64.7% comp. percentage

*Flacco; -18 TD Passes -17 INTs -3,238 passing yards -77.0 QB rating -59.4% comp. percentage

Also just this season Ben become the 5th fastest QB in The Super Bowl Era to win 90 games. He also has a nice little streak of 26 straight games with at least 1 TD pass thrown.(27 if you want to count the playoff game in Denver 2 years ago.)

But I did get a kick out of your small window stats that attempted to make Faccid look "elite." Nice try.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 am

Wow. I'm surprised anyone even bothered to dignify that drivel. What an obvious example of a small child whistling as he walks past the graveyard at night in a desperate attempt to seem comfortable despite the overwhelming fear inside that everything is NOT going to be alright...

Return to Stillers Talk