Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » you could hear a pin drop...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

you could hear a pin drop...

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 pm

c'mon guys and gals! It's been way too quiet around here this week. I've been forced to go elsewhere for my internet fix of arguments and analysis. haha.

Wake up, Steeler Nation, we're havin' Brownies for lunch!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Re: you could hear a pin drop...

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Good, solid win. This is why I made that thread about a month or so laughing at the notion that The Browns were "on the right track."(Can't believe they were favored going into this one.) I'm firmly convinced they will win their usual 4-6 games per year every year until the end of their existence.

Defense played really well, creating 4 turnovers and registering 5 sacks, although it was hardly against a prolific offense, and I didn't like how they went into prevent towards the end of the game as The Clowns didn't move the ball until then. Speaking of which, Ike Taylor; You know no rule exists in The NFL that says you can't play the WR less than 30 yards off him.

The season is on the line in Baltimore in just 4 days......

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Amen, 76. Those garbage points at the end killed me. Overall good win, tho. No sacks on ben, turnover-free ball, caused some TO's on defense, a defensive touchdown? 'bout time. Thanksgiving is the day, I agree. Good thing Flacco is the worst $100 million dollar quarterback in the history of football.

On top of our win, the Dolphins and jets losses put us in a virtual tie for the last playoff spot right now with three other 5-6 teams, two of whom we have already beaten. Win out and we're in. (mmm, this is good Kool-Aid...)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 pm

This is where those losses to no talent shitstains Minnesota, Oakland, and Tenn. loom so large right now.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:37 pm

no shit, right? Man what a difference even 6-5 would make right now if Swiss-ham makes the two chip shots at Chokeland. Oh, well, we are where we are. Happy to be winning a couple football games and seeing some cohesion amongst the players. Of course, all of that doesn't mean shit if we crap the bed in Mary-land on Thursday. Fingers crossed...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 am

And PGH has been proven wrong in his forecast with the Stillers 5th win. Of course he's closer to being right than I was.

Dammit was up watching the Patsies get beat, only to see them come back. Only thing I like more than a Pats loss is a Stillers win.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm

I, too, was enjoying the Patsies' losing until they weren't. Oh well. They're not goin anywhere anyway. Save it for their one and done in the postseason, Pommah, then you can really give it to those bean-towners...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm

We actually held the last wildcard yesterday for about 3 hours until the Titans-Raiders game went final!
:wow:

I guess we can go ahead and delete PG's 4-12 thread. :sushootem:
Last edited by SoCal Stiller on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:

He's actually been oddly quiet all week. Maybe he really did jump ship to a more conservatively owned franchise...

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:00 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:We actually held the last wildcard yesterday for about 3 hours until the Titans-Raiders game went final!
:wow:

I posted my mea culpe on some thread somewhere - but I will gladly take it back seeing as how I am still closer than all yalls koolaid predictions. You can shove your gun up your duodenum

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 am

PGHeaven wrote:I posted my mea culpe on some thread somewhere - but I will gladly take it back seeing as how I am still closer than all yalls koolaid predictions. You can shove your gun up your duodenum

I think you should post an apology thread to all of us for your horrible prediction. ;)

.... and nobody is taking my guns, not even the one PG wants me to shove up my duodenum.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Sorry isfy,
I got distracted with wrestling season in full swing.

Win over the stains and gear up for the ratbirds definitely re-energizes focus on Steeler football though!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:33 pm

No apology necessary, Hammer. I'm just finally getting the impression that the boys in Black and Gold are beginning to play up to their potential and cohere as a unit, top to bottom. After a really, really rough start, it gets me all fired up to read about it and talk about it.

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy Thanksgiving and gets to spend some quality time with their loved ones...in front of the television watching the Stillers end the Ratbirds' season!!!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 pm

So how are we doin over here in the koolaid section? And how is that gun feeling up your duodenum ? Might as well pull the trigger now that it is firmly in place. Unless you would of course rather point it at Tomlin for his bush league antics. But why should Tomlin care? His boss is over there stroking off Obama.

My prediction was based on the obvious dysfunction at Rooney Central. Thats why I will be closer than your 12-4

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:03 pm

You may end up being closer on your pick for their record, PGH. I will grant you that. Nonetheless, I am going to have fun, enjoy life and football and hold out hope that the ship can be righted just in time for a push to the playoffs. Whether I end up disappointed or vindicated, I don't care. I'm just rootin' for my team.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 pm

But keep in mind that 9 and 7, which is still possible, is actually closer to 12-4 than it is to 4-12. Don't count your chickens just yet...

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 am

I really think you are missing the whole dang picture. I contend that this rabble is a bunch of imposters who have our steelers bound up and hidden away in some prison somewhere. Maybe Gitmo

That is why I am fucked off. None of the shit I am witnessing is the Steeler way. No hustle - No inspired play - Fuckheaded coaching - juvenile behavior - and a bunch a fat lazy looking slobs

So I guess 4-12 is my way of saying thats how good this bunch deserves to be - \\
So as fans what should we do? applaud a coach who stands on the fucking field of play and then lies about it? Support a family whose figurehead spouts Communist SHIT?

YOU can wave the banner for these imbeciles - I will criticize them while they act like posieurs

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 am

Well. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just glad I don't share it. It sounds quite unpleasant.

Don't get me wrong, I, too, am vastly disappointed by the team's performance. I feel that they have failed to live up even close to their potential on the level of performance, heart, discipline, and overall professionalism. I, too, believe that that falls on the players, the coaches, the general management, and, yes, ownership.

Where we appear to part company is on our evaluation of that dilemma. I prefer to see it as an unfortunate offshoot of our culture and the current nature of professional sports in general. Between free agency, absurd contracts, corporation naming rights to stadiums, some players skipping college altogether (both the ball part and the education part), and the general trend in America of "Me, me, me! Look at me! Check out my face book page and my twizzle account and my touchdown dance and my website!", football is no longer what is used to be. When we celebrate narcissism, we also have to live with the narcissists we help create, and accept that they will be lazy, childish and self absorbed.

I do not, however, subscribe to the notion that all of those things are somehow the result of some clandestine political conspiracy designed to hijack the Steelers or the NFL to waltz us all off to Guantanamo while they share in the spoils. I fail to see how, by rooting for my team, I am somehow supporting their demise. I also fail to see how, by ranting and raving about political conspiracies, you are somehow above the fray.

And that is just my opinion, to which I am equally entitled.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 pm

isfry wrote:Well. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm just glad I don't share it. It sounds quite unpleasant.

Maybe so, but PG is very entertaining for the rest of us. I especially like how he pontificates his rants with exceptional vocabulary.
8-)

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Figures you would ameliorate your stance by ending with "entitlement"

Thats the point. NOONE is entitled to shit. you have to earn respect and that is precisely what the Steelers have squandered. The currency of respect. And that fiscal failure is at the top.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk