Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD 11-28-13: Steelers vs. Ravens

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD 11-28-13: Steelers vs. Ravens

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:43 am

Showed up in this one too late. Time to start deciding what coaches and players will not be here come next season. Baltimore is going nowhere either, so at least there's that.....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 am

This game was a microcosm of the season..... Play like crap early, show signs of hope later on, then make just enough bad plays to go down.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:03 am

I usually don't do this, but what a hell of a game by Ben. Can you imagine how much worse this past 2 seasons would be???(And that's if you ignore his 2 Super Bowl Championships and 3 AFC Titles.) He deserves to be surrounded by better......

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:16 am

I didn't see the ending to the game, but I just saw the replay.... Some thoughts...........

The "lost helmet" rule is maybe the most retarded rule outside the tuck rule...... It wasn't like Bell was willfully trying to continue the play after losing his helmet. The helmet was also lost due to a helmet-to-helmet hit..... The double standard in nailing only some players is so pathetic, it almost makes me want to dump the NFL as its rules and enforcement are currently set up. The rules/enforcement in essence rewarded a helmet-to-helmet hit in disallowing the touchdown.

On Sanders' "drop" in the 2-pt. conversion..... After seeing the abomination on the Bell play, how that was not called pass interference, I will never know. The defender made contact with Sanders, prior to the ball arriving, and never made a play for the ball. (I don't know of a player aside from maybe Larry Fitzgerald who would have not dropped that ball, given that exact same play.) Generally, I would say most non-calls are correct (like the non-call on the supposed Gronk "PI" last week), but this was an exception.

It's not often where I claim the rules/officiating handed a game to a team on a silver platter, but that's what happened at the end of this game. (The Steelers still needed to convert 2 pts, and it would have been from the 1 yd line instead of the 2. No guarantee it would have made a difference. On either the Bell play or the Sanders play.)

That said, the Steelers should have never put themselves in that situation in the first place. I do think special teams, more than the offense or the defense, is a reflection of the head coach..... I'm starting to have doubts that Mike Tomlin is capable of sustaining "the Standard", in his own words.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 am

Steelers76 wrote:I usually don't do this, but what a hell of a game by Ben. Can you imagine how much worse this past 2 seasons would be???(And that's if you ignore his 2 Super Bowl Championships and 3 AFC Titles.) He deserves to be surrounded by better......
If Tom Brady played for the Steelers instead of Ben, we would not have gone to any Super Bowls under Cowher or Tomlin.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Just heartbreaking. I have no words.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum