Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Donald Trump - want to break into football?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Donald Trump - want to break into football?

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 am

Please Donald - make the Rooneys an offer for their controlling interest -and I would bet that the remaining 31 teams would allow you into "the club"

Then - after you have made the "deal" I would like to see a TV show - NFL coach apprentice - that starts off immediately with Colbert - Tomlin - Haley and LeBeau - sitting across the tab le from you and Yvonka - and have you say "Momlin - you're fired" and so on

I would bet that you Donald - would be able to find a good team to bring honor back to a venerable brand. I hear you are friends with Bill Cowher - I wonder what Jack Lambert is up to these days?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Donald Trump - want to break into football?

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 am

I'd be for that. Rooney's have clearly lost interest in their franchise....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 pm

PGHeaven wrote:Please Donald - make the Rooneys an offer for their controlling interest -and I would bet that the remaining 31 teams would allow you into "the club"

Then - after you have made the "deal" I would like to see a TV show - NFL coach apprentice - that starts off immediately with Colbert - Tomlin - Haley and LeBeau - sitting across the tab le from you and Yvonka - and have you say "Momlin - you're fired" and so on

I would bet that you Donald - would be able to find a good team to bring honor back to a venerable brand. I hear you are friends with Bill Cowher - I wonder what Jack Lambert is up to these days?

This is such a really cool thread... :yes:

Steelers76 wrote:I'd be for that. Rooney's have clearly lost interest in their franchise....

It's getting more difficult for me to justify my support for this organization, which is really one of the only ones in pro sports that I follow a'tall....

I went trick or treating as a make believe Steeler Fan...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:It's getting more difficult for me to justify my support for this organization, which is really one of the only ones in pro sports that I follow a'tall....

I went trick or treating as a make believe Steeler Fan...

For me is THE ONLY.

I do not like watching baseball ( prefer playing a little with my children ). Basketball same thing ( actually I find it very boring to watch). Hockey I do not even know the rules.

Football is my game. Steelers is my nation. :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 am

I wonder if what we are seeing from the Rooneys is actually meddling in the operation from all the other owners they had to take on.

Lots of organizations become complacent after a long run of success. The issue is going to be how the turnaround is executed. If history is a guide, there won't be anything dramatic with this club. Cowher had a 3 year non playoff streak and they kept him. To me the bigger issue is the draft busts. It's a hollowed out team of players with 4-5-6 years experience, young enough to be durable, yet experienced enough to be really good.

I can't watch baseball anymore, 4 flippin' hours to get through a game. They bring in a guy to pitch to ONE batter. Batters step out of the box with every pitch and fiddle with every item of clothing and their nuts. Basketball is nothing but a bunch of prima donna showboats and dribbling is optional. Hockey is like soccer, anytime a sport needs an artificial rule to keep scoring down, it's worthless.

That said, pro football has become something of a cartoon of its former self. The women-attracting, fantasy-football driven, totally paradoxical rules changes (e.g., can't hit a receiver off the line) as well as the new injury rules are making it somewhat farcical. IMHO the game needs to go back to the future, with all soft pads and no face mask like the 1950's, which takes away the using the helmet as a weapon in the first place. Also you've got linemen artifically adding 50-80 pounds of fat to play the game, how ridiculous is that? I remember when "bulk up" meant hitting the weight room, not the local dunkin donuts.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Pommah wrote:I wonder if what we are seeing from the Rooneys is actually meddling in the operation from all the other owners they had to take on.

Lots of organizations become complacent after a long run of success. The issue is going to be how the turnaround is executed. If history is a guide, there won't be anything dramatic with this club. Cowher had a 3 year non playoff streak and they kept him. To me the bigger issue is the draft busts. It's a hollowed out team of players with 4-5-6 years experience, young enough to be durable, yet experienced enough to be really good.

I can't watch baseball anymore, 4 flippin' hours to get through a game. They bring in a guy to pitch to ONE batter. Batters step out of the box with every pitch and fiddle with every item of clothing and their nuts. Basketball is nothing but a bunch of prima donna showboats and dribbling is optional. Hockey is like soccer, anytime a sport needs an artificial rule to keep scoring down, it's worthless.

That said, pro football has become something of a cartoon of its former self. The women-attracting, fantasy-football driven, totally paradoxical rules changes (e.g., can't hit a receiver off the line) as well as the new injury rules are making it somewhat farcical. IMHO the game needs to go back to the future, with all soft pads and no face mask like the 1950's, which takes away the using the helmet as a weapon in the first place. Also you've got linemen artifically adding 50-80 pounds of fat to play the game, how ridiculous is that? I remember when "bulk up" meant hitting the weight room, not the local dunkin donuts.

:suplusone:

These statements are very cerebral, more so than what I am accustomed to reading even in the Pittsburgh Post. The "bulk up" comment caused me to L.M.F.A.O. :lol:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 pm

What we are seeing is what we are getting. We are seeing the Rooneys act like community organizers instead of pro football team owner and what we are getting is SHIT results. Just like what we are getting from the other community organizer who is SHIT

ok, now, that my spleen is vented.....

It is time for the Rooneys to SELL... there is no waiting to see or hope or change or any of that bullshit.. they are running a communist glee club instead of a football team so GET EM OUTTA HERE!

I have noticed going back several years how soft and undisciplined the Steelers have become. Until that is addressed none of these other panaceas will work. The problem is from the top. So CHANGE THE TOP

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:58 am

I surely don't agree with Rooney's politics and the organization's outward display of it, but I'm not ready to show him the door. (as if we could) This organization has a long, great history and many fans still associate the Pittsbugh Steelers with "family" dating back long before you and I were born. As soon as you sell the team to the likes of Trump, you have an over-commercialized pile of shit left over and all of the tradition which took years to build is gone. :cry:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Unless we go in a completely different direction. We, the fans, buy the team as a group. Forbes recently listed the Steelers' franchise value at slightly over 1 billion dollars. We get one million fans together to throw in $1,000 each and we have cooperative ownership.

Then, unlike now, the fans/owners each get a vote at a board of directors meeting each week to decide how to call the plays, whom to hire/fire, whom to play/sit, etc. We (the owners) don't pander to any political causes, we just win fucking football games. Majority rules, if a majority want to run the ball more, it happens. If the majority want to show the coach the door, it happens.

I'm in for a grand.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Well - I will take Trump and whatever he brings as opposed to a politicized football team that once was called the Steel curtain but who are now a bunch of drunkards. There is not an inkling of the pride we once had. That has been subverted and turned into a ghastly freak show led by the Liberal Castle dweller. Fuck this whole mess - FIRE the entire rabble - lock stock and barrel

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:31 pm

isfry-- I will scrape together a grand too... let's buy them.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:57 pm

OK. You talked me into it. I will put in 2 G's and vote myself as president since my last name is Stiller. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Last team to sell was the Browns for $1B. It will take $2B to pry loose the Stillers will all their new members of the ownership team. So isfry, you, me, PGH, each with $2large, all we need is 999,997 other like-minded people, and it's ours!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 pm

I meant Sherwood. PGH hasn't committed his $2K yet.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

LenSherwood wrote:isfry-- I will scrape together a grand too... let's buy them.

SoCal Stiller wrote:OK. You talked me into it. I will put in 2 G's and vote myself as president since my last name is Stiller. :lol:

Pommah wrote:Last team to sell was the Browns for $1B. It will take $2B to pry loose the Stillers will all their new members of the ownership team. So isfry, you, me, PGH, each with $2large, all we need is 999,997 other like-minded people, and it's ours!

Pommah wrote:I meant Sherwood. PGH hasn't committed his $2K yet.

I'm all in too!!!! If memory serves me correctly, The Green Bay Packers have the same type of business setup where the fans run the organization through public ownership of shares. This basically prevents the city of Green Bay from being held hostage by selfish owners that threaten to abscond to Baltimore or California with the team.

What gets me though is that as an official minority share owner, Johnny Stallworth is a Conservative G.O.P. guy as he endorsed Swanny when he ran for Pennsy Governor versus Fuckface Rendell a while back. Nevertheless, I like the idea of public ownership of our squad and refocus on important stuff like making our team great again!!! :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Of course I'm not committing any fucking such thing. Thats why I want the Donald. lol

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 pm

PGHeaven wrote:Of course I'm not committing any fucking such thing. Thats why I want the Donald. lol

PG,

You wouldn't want to have an official "say-so" in this organization? Hell, I bet they could even print up some awesomely designed stock certificates large enough and attractive enough suitable for framing and hanging on the wall!

Return to Stillers Talk