Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Patriots Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Patriots Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:39 am

Stillers-Patriots Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Stillers-Patriots Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby anthonyc20 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 am

Mill, anything more than an F- for Clark is a travesty. This guy is the worst stating safety in the NFL and should be cut immediately.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 am

StillMill wrote:http://stillers.com/Article/View/a121db5b-7b51-496c-bf68-020a0d0189e2 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Great article Mill.

Haley should have a C. I hope he watches Foles 7 TDs against the Raiders. Maybe he learns something.

Just as a reminder : http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... en-blitzed

Ryan Clark saying Brady ducks under pressure. Here you go Mr Clark. Have fun in your next job.

I sincerely hope that yesterday has opened the eyes of LeBeau who will be forever remembered. But now it is time for him to go.

I would also remind everybody that with Ben we HAVE NEVER SCORED 50+ POINTS. NEVER.

40 Points Rarely

30+ not so common. Yesterday was his first in more than a season...

People I am about to start a new tread regarding our next Head Coach. I would love Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury. Bright young offensive mind. I do not know still regarding Defensive Coordinators and GM. Any ideas ?

Practice Squad

Postby caliswain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I have never been the rabid Lebeau hater that Mill has been for years, but this one I totally agree was on him... ... How many times do we have to get completely obliterated by NE to try something different?

1) To begin the game... how in the hell is Gronk not double-teamed?.... I saw William Gay (and others) one-on-one on him and I was in shock. I figured that they'd put Allen and/or Troy (or both!) on him the entire game, have Ike on Amendola, and they cover the rest with what you had left.

2) Where they playing zone defense on the Amendola TD in the 1st half? What the hell is going on? I know the Troy and some others screwed up a few times also, but so much cushion and then missed assignments.. not sure who to blame on this one actually.

3) Why not more blitzes?! Brady DOESN'T MISS.... with a QB of his caliber, you don't lay back and hope a mistake gets made over the course of the drive. You ATTACK and if you get burned... so what... you are going to get burned anyway because you have the best QB of our generation back there... At least your defense isn't on the field all night either way. I would have blitzed like crazy and hope to get pressure on Brady.. which is the only chance of winning (see: Giants, New York, 2 Super Bowls). There is NO other way to beat the Pats other than pressuring Brady. We obviously do not produce enough pressure with our base defense (even they the DL's played well). I would have blitzed all game...

+++++

The 2 games that really get me about Lebeau were this one, and the playoff lass to Denver 1.5 years ago.... I'm in total agreement now that he needs to go.... I don't think it's necessarily age... but whatever I really think the preparation and scheming were just way off and more adjustments needed to be made.

On a side note... I'd really LOVE to see more fire in the 'leaders' of that team. Tomlin, Lebeau, Ben, etc.... GET PISSED .... fire up your team with some show of passion.... I see ben get pissed at himself and sometimes a WR ... but Brady will take his entire team to task if he doesn't like something.

When your defense is getting SMOKED like that all game.... there should be some people bustin heads on the sidelines...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Ohio wrote:
StillMill wrote:http://stillers.com/Article/View/a121db5b-7b51-496c-bf68-020a0d0189e2 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

40 Points Rarely

30+ not so common. Yesterday was his first in more than a season...
People I am about to start a new tread regarding our next Head Coach. I
would love Texas Tech Kliff Kingsbury. Bright young offensive mind. I do not know still regarding Defensive Coordinators and GM. Any ideas ?

Great question. These Tomlin supporters are fukked in the head, point blank. This guy has destroyed this team over time. His b.s. is not getting across. He is responsible for preparing this team each and every week, and he is failing. He is failing in talent evaluation and player personnel. His game day prep is a joke, as is his authority. You must change coaches at this level when your team does not respond anymore. You MUST!

Look, I like Tomlin as a person. OK guy, I'm sure. However, the Steelers front office violated the #1 rule of coaching change after Cowher left.....they hired the most qualified minority instead of hiring the most qualified coach. They simply wanted to prove a point, and now it's coming back to bite them.
The guy is a figurehead, not a leader and certainly not a head coach at the NFL level.

Should we fire him? No, we should not. He should have enough class to step down on his own. Both the Bucks and the Vikes will need a coach soon.....let them deal with this dude, not the Steelers.

Practice Squad

Postby 2016SBChamps » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Another excellent analysis by Still Mill. Ben has been very inconsistent for much of the season, especially his decision making. Our porous offensive line has not been helpful either. I can't recall a season when the Steelers defense was this bad. It's so sad to see this team moving themselves into the category of the likes of Jaguars and Tampa Bay. This team is seriously lacking not only talent and character. The HC is unable to get the job done. He has to go along with his coordinators. It's time to go back to the drawing board and start rebuilding from foundation.

Practice Squad

Postby 2016SBChamps » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:09 pm

However, the Steelers front office violated the #1 rule of coaching change after Cowher left.....they hired the most qualified minority instead of hiring the most qualified coach.

I strongly disagree. He is the same HC, who took the team to two SBs and won one of them. I agree, it's time for Tomlin to go. He has the same record as Cower. Mind you, it took Cower many years to win one SB. Anyway, at the end of this season, he will either get fired or forced to resign. The team has simply failed to replace the lost talent. There is no substitute for talent.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm not sure what hurts more, watching the "defense" from Pennsylvania give up more yards and more points than ANY DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE or watching a backup quarterback light up the Raiders' defense for seven touchdowns after we couldn't score a single fucking point in three and a half quarters against them last week. Put a fucking fork in it. The season is done. If Tomlin and Haley are still at the helm next season I am not watching. Period.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:40 pm

I will never get those 3 hours of my life back! What an utter piece of shit performance by the defense. Ryan Clark needs to go right now. Way to complete embarass the city and the great players who donned black and gold before you! 55 points? Welcome to Browndom fellow Steeler fans.
:supissed:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:02 am

A hot mess for sure! I don't think Rooneys will can Tomlin. I think they make him get rid of LeBeau or he will quietly retire. Where do you start with this team. Go young and take the growing pains. With the vets we won't win anything with them, unfortunately.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:23 pm

2016SBChamps wrote:
However, the Steelers front office violated the #1 rule of coaching change after Cowher left.....they hired the most qualified minority instead of hiring the most qualified coach.

I strongly disagree. He is the same HC, who took the team to two SBs and won one of them. I agree, it's time for Tomlin to go. He has the same record as Cower. Mind you, it took Cower many years to win one SB. Anyway, at the end of this season, he will either get fired or forced to resign. The team has simply failed to replace the lost talent. There is no substitute for talent.

New member, but long time follower. Love Mills analysis. I have read here a few times the response above about Tomlin. Though he did win one it was with Cowher's team and lost one with still the leftovers from Cowher. This current staff has yet to put their own stamp on this team. Although as I write that it dawns on me that this is their team and it ain't pretty.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks for the frank analysis. From your numbers it looks like Ike had the most tackles behind Timmons. This tells us a lot.
In critique,, haleys offense has continued to improve, like all offenses should do. The problem is that our defense is sinking faster. LeBeau is making Warren Sapp look like Nostradamus. One thing that really disturbed me was that Gronk looked too fast for Shamarko to keep up with.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 pm

isfry wrote:I'm not sure what hurts more, watching the "defense" from Pennsylvania give up more yards and more points than ANY DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE or watching a backup quarterback light up the Raiders' defense for seven touchdowns after we couldn't score a single fucking point in three and a half quarters against them last week. Put a fucking fork in it. The season is done. If Tomlin and Haley are still at the helm next season I am not watching. Period.

Cowher took over a bad team and made it good almost immediately. Tomlin took over a good team and made it bad, destroyed it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Cowher had his struggles, especially with Kordell Stewart and Neil ODonnell at QB and then his last 8-8 season with a dopey, post motorcycle accident Ben Roethelisburger. But he did have to rebuild the team at least three times--when he took over, Noll had lost it. Then with free agency, he lost I believe a dozen pro bowl calibre players and the Rooneys would not extend themselves until they got the new stadium. Then it fell apart again with Stewart, and Maddox until he got Big Ben. Now is the time that Tomlin has to prove himself--he has to rebuild this thing and don't give me that bullshit about a coach doesn't have anything to do about talent. Really? The GM hands them a team regardless of what scheme they wish to implement?

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

2016SBChamps wrote:

What Rooney did was to act out on his own creation "The Rooney Rule" The height of hubris. The epitome of ideology - which has NO FUCKING PLACE in football. And his reward for doing Obamas bidding was an Irish Castle.

As far as the slow disintegration? Rome didnt fall in a day either. And Hussein didn't destroy the USA in his fist year either. But I digress - even though Tomlin might have been hired to suit Rooney's ego, I STILL lay the blame for the collapse on ROONEY - Not Tomlin. The ROT starts at the TOP

Return to Stillers Talk