Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » For Anyone That Thinks Cleveland Is On "The Right Track"...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

For Anyone That Thinks Cleveland Is On "The Right Track"...

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:43 am

The Browns came out and announced this past week that back-up QB and former Redskins first round bust, Jason Campbell, will be taking over as starter for (presumably) the rest of the season from QB Brandon Weeden.

Weeden, if you'll remember, was taken in the first round along with RB Trent Richardson in 2012. For all intents and purposes, that's 2 1st rounders from not even 2 years ago gone already. Hell, Weeden lost his starting job to Brian Hoyer who, as you'll recall, was signed to back-up Batch here when Ben went down last season, then was released without ever playing a game.

I just thought I'd post this since I saw a lot of fans saying we were passed by Cleveland in the food chain in The AFC North. I knew the situation was bad, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

:subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Re: For Anyone That Thinks Cleveland Is On "The Right Track"

Postby Ohio » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 am

Steelers76 wrote:The Browns came out and announced this past week that back-up QB and former Redskins first round bust, Jason Campbell, will be taking over as starter for (presumably) the rest of the season from QB Brandon Weeden.

Weeden, if you'll remember, was taken in the first round along with RB Trent Richardson in 2012. For all intents and purposes, that's 2 1st rounders from not even 2 years ago gone already. Hell, Weeden lost his starting job to Brian Hoyer who, as you'll recall, was signed to back-up Batch here when Ben went down last season, then was released without ever playing a game.

I just thought I'd post this since I saw a lot of fans saying we were passed by Cleveland in the food chain in The AFC North. I knew the situation was bad, but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

:subngtowl:

The Clowns are Clowns. But you have to consider they have a new regime. I was very skeptical. But you have to like some moves they made. They already won the Richardson trade. Getting a 1st rounder for an average RB is a great thing. Weeden also was not Lombardi and Chudzinski mistake. Good thing for them they called it immediately. Hoyer was a great pick up. I believe that he would have led them to the playoffs. AFC North sucks this year. They have an average team. Their defense is way better than ours. Their oline is better than ours. It seems to me that we are only better at QB at this point.It is not like Ben is setting the place on fire, the Clowns simply do not have anybody now that can throw it 5 yards downfield

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Plus, they will be 3-5 after this weekend. Not sure if that's the "right track" or not...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 pm

isfry wrote:Plus, they will be 3-5 after this weekend. Not sure if that's the "right track" or not...

They lost by three against an undefeated team... I think that is called being on the right track

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Ohio wrote:
isfry wrote:Plus, they will be 3-5 after this weekend. Not sure if that's the "right track" or not...

They lost by three against an undefeated team... I think that is called being on the right track

In 2008, 2009, and 2010, they beat the defending Super Bowl Champions,(Giants, Steelers, and Saints.) Also in 2010, they beat The 14-2 Pats by 20 points. What did those victories end up meaning?

Talk to me when they put it together for a whole season.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 pm

While I cannot be sure what "the right track" is exactly, I can be positive after today's shit show that the team from Pennsylvania is not on it. When they begin to remotely resemble their predecessors I may consider referring to them by their appropriate title again. Until then they are the team from Pennsylvania on the wrong track.

Return to Stillers Talk