Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Dick's Drive Chart versus Bears (Game 3)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Dick's Drive Chart versus Bears (Game 3)

Postby StillMill » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

http://stillers.com/Article/View/044349 ... 54a9b41f19 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Dick's Drive Chart versus Bears (Game 3)

Postby pinpon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Sounding like we may face Cassel in the Vikings game. If we face him, I guarantee we will make him look like the next Joe Montana. If we face Ponder, he will look like an adequate NFL QB. Gunna be a long flight back if the defense doesn't tighten up!!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Ed Burns » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 am

If we face Ponder, we'll make him look like Elway.

I still believe Ben's first fumble was just him chucking the ball during his run... His arm didn't get hit. I watched the play a few times, and he fumbled it away untouched.

Of the drives listed, the last one hurt more than the first 3. They were down by 4 with momentum firmly in their favor, then Marshall burns Ike, and the Bears ran away with it... What's the run Defense ranked now? 25th? That's absolutely pathetic. :sutimebomb:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:50 am

I think Mill is talking about me ... Ok Let me make it easier for anybody :

Steelers Offense Points :

Titans 9 Points
Bengals 10 Points
Bear 9 Points ( They scored 23 and the Bears Defense scored 14. So the Total is 23 minus 14 = 9 )

Steelers Defense :

Titans 16 Points
Bengals 20 Points
Bears 26 Points

Ok , the defense is getting worse ( also facing better competition ). But how in the world cannot see that the Offense has not been nowhere near the minimum needed to win a football game ? Go look at the results of the all the ohter games. Which teams have been scoring single digit ? Browns, Rams, Tampa, Cardinals, Houston. All bad offenses. Only exception is San Francisco ( twice ). But they got this feature against Seattle and @ Indy.

Which teams have allowed about 20 points per game ? You can say THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.
I think we should not talk about LeBeau as much as Haley.

I'm not saying that LeBeau is doing an excellent job. He is not. But at this pace the offense is making it impossible to keeping it close. Let's not forget that for the first time in a decade ( or maybe in two decades ?) LeBeau is starting TWO ROOKIES. Jarvis Jones and Vince Williams. Shamarko Thomas is also playing A LOT.

Mill stop complaining. There is NOBODY outhere now that is saying that we have a ELITE DEFENSE. Actually they even stopped saying how good we are at drafting. Cheer for the Steelers however you prefer. For me is hoping, at this point, that we go 0 - 16 so that we have a great pick ( I think that the Jags and Tampa are going down that road also), a new coaching staff and maybe a new Gm. I think that only a terrible season can cause this. a 6 - 10 or a 7 - 9 would keep everything as it is. But expect the Rooneys do something about it should we go 3 - 13 or worse.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:28 pm

I firmly agree. Like a homerun hitter turnovers are a credible stat that can show the personality of a defense. We all know that Goodell scared the hitting out of the Steel Curtain by fining etc Harrison and Clark. Our D arm tackles as well as any other ball room dancer. In LeBeaus defense though, I see other teams corners covering what would get Ike a flag. Somehow I think the NFL is getting their parity with a little help from the refs.
This is not to say that I don't think Mr. LeBeau should 'retire' and Carnell Lake become interim DC for the remainder of the season and the forseeable future

Return to Stillers Talk