Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD - Steelers vs Bungals

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD - Steelers vs Bungals

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Pump-N-Iron wrote:Could Paulsen look ANY LESS athletic in motion or trying to block.... OMG we need Heath!

We have 5 TE on the roster and none is catching the ball. We are short on OL and CB. Colbert is a genius.

Anyway, Bungals moving the ball at will ( third and short is always a easy conversion against us).

17 - 10.

Let's hope we continue the no huddle. It is the only thing working so far offensively

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Complete goat-fuck of an offensive series... nice calls there Haley... you pile of steaming vomit!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 pm

No huddle drive. No results this time. Analyzing the number

Running Backs:

Felix Jones is 9 for 23 ( taking out the one delayed draw that made 14 yards on a 3rd and 16)

Receivers :

Brown 4 for 30
Paulson 2 for 35 ( forgotten man after the fumble )
Sanders 4 for 70
Redman 1 for 1
Moye 1 for 1 ( suprise TD)
Cotchery and Wheaton ZERO FOR ZERO.

If you stop Brown and Sanders you have stopped our entire offense. Do we need any comments ?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Bengals get two flags and have to punt.

We get the ball. Try with a fullback twice. No results end of quarter.

Third and long incomplete. We punt.

Only Special team or a turnover can save us

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:21 pm

The Bungals get the ball with some 14 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

They march for 7 minutes. Converting a third a short with an easy run. Getting a present from Woodley with a stupid flag.

They settle for a FG. But basically this drive has sealed the game.

20 - 10 with less than 7 minutes. Game is basically over and the season with it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Offense goes no Huddle. This time Ben starts throwing to the forgotten mans : Cotchery catches a couple and even Paulson gets one. One to Sanders Underneath.

Then under pressure Ben throws a high one to Cotchery. Deflected. Intercepted. Season over.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 pm

7 of 11 drives without a First down.

4 First down in the second half.

Running first down ? Are you kidding me ?

But please do not forget

CHIEF SUCKS

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 pm

FIRE HALEY NOW!!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 pm

3rd and 6. They run with a NOSE TACKLE AS FULLBACK.

Mill is going to love this

FIRST DOWN

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 am

I doubt if Tomlin and Colbert would even know what to do with a top five draft pick...but the NFL sucks now and the Steelers have enough bad teams on the schedule to put together another slopfest of mediocrity. I have said it before--Tomlin is in huge trouble when all of the Cowher era players are gone. He does not know talent from his asshole and Colbert doesnt' either. For all his losses in big games and a couple of really shitty seasons too, Cowher knew NFL level talent.

Practice Squad

Postby jaybaileys » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am

Man this is horrendous. I don't think Haley has been good, really Cotchery on a reverse while Wheaton is nowhere to be found. But to blame him is pretty lame. If the guy has talent he is a good coordinator, he does not have talent. He has no running game! Who's fault is that? I think Colbert deserves some blame, but how many of these pathetic drafts are his fault or Tomlin's. He seemed to draft pretty well until the last 3 or 4 years. Heyward and Hood, are they Tomlin guys or Colbert guys? Haley has Ben and Brown right now, how do you build an offense around that? Tomlin looks just pathetic on the sideline, does he coach anyone during a game? I see him chatting with guys, like Ben, but how about seeing him on the sideline over by the bench with a dry erase board doing anything! EVER! For a guy who is a defensive mind, how does he not go Apeshit that we have ZERO turnovers, and very little pass rush. I think its time to start thinking about the draft cause I don't see them winning more that 3 or 4 games. And I bet Pederson lights them up for about 150 in London.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 am

jaybaileys wrote:Man this is horrendous. I don't think Haley has been good, really Cotchery on a reverse while Wheaton is nowhere to be found. But to blame him is pretty lame. If the guy has talent he is a good coordinator, he does not have talent. He has no running game! Who's fault is that?

WHAT ? ARE YOU CRAZY ? He has talent and had the picks. THE STEELERS HAVE SPENT THE HIGHEST PICKS ON THEIR OLINE IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. WE HAVE PASSED ON EIFERT ( TE ) TO GET A OL ( JARVIS JONES ) WITH MEDICAL ISSUES. We have spent a high pick on a RB ( Bell ) just like the Bengals. And we have selected this RB ( Bell ) because the "best available" ( Eddie Lacy) Had medical issues.

Besides all the draft opportunities that were allocated to Haley the point is this : The League is now about fast-paced high-scoring teams. We are the only one that routinely run down the clock to zero. You tell me who does something like that ? Eagles, Bills, Patriots, Broncos, etc. etc. are all going no huddle uptempo. DO YOU KNOW WHY ? No pre-snap bullshit from the defense. No changes for the defense. The offense comands the field. But hey , we are smarter. We give plenty time for opponents to watch the replay and challenge ( it took forever to snap the ball and of course the Bungals got it back after the challenge). Sorry but all Hailey has done in his career is having been lucky to have a great Cards team with Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston plus capable running backs. What did he do in Kansas? This guy sucks. When he is calling the plays we have no hope. We can only make something out of no huddle. Haley, Tomlin and Colbert will all be fired at the end of the year if we do not win at least 4 games

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum