Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers Preseason Finale

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers Preseason Finale

Postby StillMill » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 pm

http://stillers.com/Article/View/f0cae8 ... ac961927a8 has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Hall of Famer

Re: Stillers Preseason Finale

Postby PGHeaven » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:00 pm

4-12.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 am

I'm gonna have to buy stock in Tums.... I know its only preseason and supposedly meaningless, but this looks to be a very long season. I just hope BR7 survives behind that O-Line. If I was Ben, I think I would smash Colbert's face in with a sledgehammer. Then, maybe, he might get the point.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm doomsday prepping for a long, painful season. I think the O can be decent, that is if there is more of a commitment to the run from Haley and especially Ben. As we all know, the line cant pass block for shit, I think Adams wears concrete shoes. But hey, Max Starks got cut and is available, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

But this D looks horrible. Rex Grossman was unstoppable! Foote and Clark have ZERO impact on the game, old and slow and easily abused. Can we have a whiffed on tackle stat this year?

And I am totally befuddled as to what senile old Dick is thinking when I see Woodley or Worilds dropping in to coverage. Any opposing quarterback has to chub-up a little when they see these two trying to cover anyone other than a pulling guard. Not even the return of all-everything Will Gay can make up for all the D's shortcomings.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:35 pm

I agree the secondary needs fixed, but I think the D-line will be improved over last season albeit thin. I like what I have seen from McLendon and Al Woods.

Ziggy Hood can only get better, right? :suxfingers:

One last thing, isn't it about that time to give Starks a call? :yes:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

PGHeaven wrote:4-12.
More than any season opener in recent memory, this upcoming opener against the Tightens will be an indicator of the type of season the Steelers will have..... If we get pounded at home by the Tights (#27 in the ESPN Power Rankings), even 4-12 might be optimistic. This opener will tell us whether the 0-4 preseason was maybe a fluke or a sign of ominous things to come.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 am

I'm sorry but I just have a hard time placing any value on pre-season games. When the vets are actually playing, they're playing to not get hurt anyway. Can't wait to see what they really look like on Sunday. I'm betting we're going to hand them their ass pretty good and eat up their young QB. This is his first time playing against our D.

:subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl:

Can't wait to see Fucco flounder tonight too!

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:I'm sorry but I just have a hard time placing any value on pre-season games. When the vets are actually playing, they're playing to not get hurt anyway. Can't wait to see what they really look like on Sunday. I'm betting we're going to hand them their ass pretty good and eat up their young QB. This is his first time playing against our D.

:subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl:

Can't wait to see Fucco flounder tonight too!

That's the spirit, SoCal!!! Let's smash the Tennessee Titty-twisters on Sunday. We still Owe Chris Johnson for daring to desecrate the TT. Average Joe is gonna prove his averageness tonight. Can't wait.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Can't wait either isfry! I can't believe that people make such huge judgments based on preseason results. It sort of makes me laugh. :lol:

Just remember all of you depressing doubters....ever since about the middle of the Cowher era, every time this team is picked to be great they end up stepping on their own dicks..... but every time we're doubted, the Steelers rise up and lay an old-fashioned ass-whipping on the rest of the league, especially in the division. :cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk