Register

Board index » Stillers Talk »

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 am

Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Colbert continues to kill the once proud Steelers. I do think Harry should have renegotiated but I have to believe that Colbert went into this thing with a low ball and unwilling position. FUCK Colbert. I will tell you who is old anfd non performing - its not Harryn- its Colbert! But I do wish Harry would come down and stay

Seasoned Veteran

Re:

Postby pinpon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 am

Very strange off season. We sign Gay and then Foote, then Foster. Foote is a ridiculous signing at this point. Gay I get, even though he is limited. Foster is a below average guard, but durable. Gradkowski is ok in my book, because hopefully they got him on the cheap and he is younger than Batch and Lefty. Resign Warren, ya gotta think with all our cap problems we could find a kid outta college. Colbert is putting the gas in the tank and Tomlin is driving it off the cliff.

Grizzled Veteran

Re:

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 am

Next season is fucked. In fact, unless there is some miracle draft which is about as likely as a Victoria Secret model giving anyone one of us a blow job, this team is one foot into the hole of being completely horrible and having to rebuild entirely. There are too many holes on both sides of the ball. Between aging players, lack of quality drafts, no free agent signings, and bad decisions to pay Fat Ass Woodley a large contract, you are left with a talentless team. That doesn't work to win championships or hell make the playoffs.

You have a franchise QB, but his window is closing fast. Benji is old in football terms because he has taken such an ass whipping due to the shitty offensive lines that the Steelers have put in front of him. By the time that the Steelers by some miracle can attempt to rebuild around him, it will be too late...

This looks like a lost decades boys....

Seasoned Veteran

Re:

Postby pinpon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Len you are correct. And now Spaeth again?? WTF

Grizzled Veteran

Re:

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:35 am

Well, looks like nobody wants Harrison so far. If the Ravens don't pick him up, maybe he'll be back in the B&G for even more reduced pay unless Douchette is right regarding the pride factor.

Grizzled Veteran

Re:

Postby Pommah » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 pm

So the story is that Harrison will be playing for the Bungles, our rival, for less money than we were willing to pay him.

How the bloody hell does that happen?

I'll tell you how. This is bad representation by the player's agent. Now maybe said agent was begging James to take the Steelers' deal; we can't really ever know. Well, he didn't beg hard enough. Sub-optimal deal for everyone involved (including said agent). Harrison (and agent) aren't getting paid what they could have. Steelers have to find a replacement. We face a better opponent within the division. And we are all denied JH ending his career as a Steeler, going out as one of our greats. Nobody wins.

Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm

test jeez the only thing worse than the stupid post gazette site is this one. Wghat we saw with this whole thing was Harrys pride at work. At any time during the process he could have said "I will take the millions and retire a Steller and then get the key to the city" but Noooooooooooooooooooo

I was wrong - Colbert did his best - Harrison fucked this thing up and fuck him

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Re:

Postby SoCal Stiller » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

PGHeaven wrote: I was wrong - Colbert did his best - Harrison fucked this thing up and fuck him

I love this quote - it's classic PGHeaven! :lol:

Return to Stillers Talk