Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Saints sign Keenan Lewis

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Saints sign Keenan Lewis

Postby bellenberger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90531 ... ans-saints

Great. So we spend 4 years developing him, and when he finally blossoms we lose him. Thanks again for signing Woodley to that big contract! So great, the one sliver of youth in an ancient secondary and we lose him.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Saints sign Keenan Lewis

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm not as broken up about this as some are. He had 1 good season, a half of one, really, as I remember him being bad in those losses to shit-stains Oakland and Tennessee. The Saints vastly overpaid for him and will regret it. Gee, can't believe they are one of the worst defensive teams in The NFL with that outrageous deal. Knock me over with a feather.....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:16 am

With '76 on this one. Teams just overpay for Steeler talent, with the NY Giants the prime example.

But still, this is a problem with Dick taking so damn long to develop players. What a total waste of a draft pick and roster slot Mundy turned out to be. To me if you are not getting a lot of playing time by year 3 they need to be kicked to the curb.

We have drafted a defensive star in a dog's age.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 am

We HAVE NOT drafted a defensive star in a dog's age.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Pommah, you are right the Steelers haven't drafted a defensive star in a while. Kovacevic had a stat in one of his columns that said following the recent departures, the Steelers have no one left on their roster from either the 2008 or the 2010 draft. That is big stat and highly indicative of a real problem Those players should either be starting or beginning to push starters and you have nada from either class....

Return to Stillers Talk