Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » we cut Harrison

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

we cut Harrison

Postby jaybaileys » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Whats the point of even trying this year? Do we think they will get any pass rush with fatty Lamar or Worilds? We are gonna stink this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: we cut Harrison

Postby StillDodger » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Agreed....... Harrison was my favorite Stiller, and the number one reason why the team was winning these past few seasons...........

Looks like we'll be playing with the Clowns the next few seasons.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:28 am

I don't know guys...everybody has a price and from what I'm reading, James' was too high. It's not like plenty of other guys haven't had to restructure. It's possible the guy could have 1-2 more good years in him but with his back and knee, it's a pretty big risk.

The Steelers paid a lot of guys over the last few years in trying to eke out another super bowl win...we got a trip but not another Lombardi. Seems to me like we didn't develop enough young players along the way and might have to pay the price for a couple years. Oh well, it was a heckuva run, by most teams' standards.

These guys who seek out another year of the big bucks....seems to me they miss a shot at a full-blown retirement party that would probably net them some endorsement money to make up for it. Instead they head off to nowheresville and then show up again at some celebrity golf tournament in the 'burgh and try to work their way back into favor. I wonder if it's really a positive financial transaction for them.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:36 pm

I agree with Pommah. Harrison was my favorite player, but the Steelers know what their doing. It is a business unfortunately. He will certainly be missed but the defense will be fine. Don't go throwing away your Steeler jerseys just yet.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Let's not forget that we've cut Harrison before..twice I believe.

He was undrafted and cut in camp, and spent seasons on our practice squad after no one picked him up on waivers.

We'll see who wants him now and for how long.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Can we cut Tomlin?...

Practice Squad

Postby Steelblud » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 am

This is not good. not good at all. I'm starting to get a knot in my gut worse than last year. Cut our best pass rusher. WTF?

Return to Stillers Talk