Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Browns brief Postgame Review

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Browns brief Postgame Review

Postby StillMill » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Stillers-Browns brief Postgame Review has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Stillers-Browns brief Postgame Review

Postby pinpon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks again for you work Mill. I enjoy reading your opinion and it is good to get another view besides the kiss ass press.

I have no where to start with this team. I can't find a position group that is a strength. We need help everywhere! The best case scenario is the top 4 from last year all come in and play lights out, DeCastro, Adams, Spence, and Alameda. That would solve some problems. Then have a draft that finds 5 keepers. Problem is the coaches refuse to play youth and stick with old has beens, never weres, and stiffs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:47 am

Unfortunately the Steelers don't play youth because the youth in the Tomlin era have sucked. They played old Aaron Smith until his body broke down because Ziggy Hood gets his ass pushed three yards up the field. Is there a backer to replace Foote who replaced Farrior? Can anyone push Harrison off the field? Worlids??

The vaunted number one defense played one good team this year--Denver and you can say it at least only gave up what was it three touchdown drives. To add insult to injury...the Steelers had a buffet of shit teams this year... this was a pathetically weak schedule and this shit team went 8 and 8 and yes Mill why the FUCK did they win this game to drop draft position?

I am afraid in a few years, this season will look good...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

Great Job mill telling it like it is. Alot of fans on Some of the other Steeler message boards are still in denial about this team.
My question is : What is going to change next season? Is Ben going to be an elite QB again, not the buffoon he has been the last couple of years? I doubt it. The window has closed. The 1996 to 2003 years will be upon us again.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 am

Cortez Allen for Hard Hat... in a season with the FEWEST Hard Hat recipients in recent memory. This is NOT a shot at the Committee... they had very few players to choose from, even in our wins. At least we didn't have to worry about league fines and suspensions, our D never hit anyone hard enough to warrant attention from an opposing team, let alone the Comish.

8-8 would be a good season for a lot of NFL teams... but this is Da 'Burgh! If Tomlin has a scrotum, 8-8 should mean that we clean house. At least I PRAY that we clean house!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby zapunto » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:29 pm

LenSherwood wrote:Unfortunately the Steelers don't play youth because the youth in the Tomlin era have sucked. They played old Aaron Smith until his body broke down because Ziggy Hood gets his ass pushed three yards up the field. Is there a backer to replace Foote who replaced Farrior? Can anyone push Harrison off the field? Worlids??

First off, I am not entirely convinced that the youth sucks as bad as we are led to believe. On October 30th, 2011 the Steelers played the Patriots in a game where Harrison, Farrior and Worilds were all inactive and Woodley tweaked his groin (shocker); by game's end it was a ghastly combination of Timmons and Chris Carter on the outside, and Stevenson Sylvester and Foote on the inside. They won. I, for one would like to see what LeBeau's defense can do with more athletic players. I suspect that the tradeoff would be more yards but more takeaways.

Even if the youth is mediocre, another thought: so what? Play them. At some point talent evaluation has to happen. The team is cap-strapped and it would be good to know how to keep and how to cut without getting hamstrung to keeping old, awful players on old, awful contracts. LeBeau is here to stay and Keith Butler is waiting in the wings -- this defense ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

-c-

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks again Mill - every week I look forward to your analysis and you give freely. Matter of fact - if the dull coaching staff gave half the effort you give, we may be a happier bunch. As it is - we have a dull sloppy lazy fat slow stupid team from coaching down through the ranks. Heath and Suisham excluded. The other sites are a bunch of homers drunk on koolaid. Facebook is utterly fucking disgusting and to my mind - illustrates the who gives a shit atitude that now prevails with the STEELERS. Kind of like our countries current administration which also lavishes excess money on turds with no expectations of a return

Keep it coming Mill

Return to Stillers Talk