Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Excellence Of Excuses

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Excellence Of Excuses

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 am

I really hate it when the Steelers either have a non-playoff season, or even worse have a losing campaign. Not just for the obvious reasons either, but because it reminds me of why I hate this area sometimes. In last Sunday's Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, before they had even blown that game at Dallas, "journalist" Jackoff Joe Starkey wrote an article titled "Steeler Fans Are Spoiled Rotten" Basically this cum rang of an article went on to blame us lowly fans for having such impossibly high standards, as well as excused all the terrible losses,(Including those to 4 bottom feeders), on injuries. As Mill would say, "Yeah, because we're the only team that deals with injuries over the course of a season." He then closed off the article by bringing up the fact that Dallas has won 2 playoff games since beating The Steelers in The S.B. 17 years ago. You know, the old "Let's point to poor play someplace else to justify it here, even though it has nothing to do with us." Of course I e-mailed Jackoff Joe pointing all of what I said here out, but the coward never e-mailed me back to defend his stance. Not surprising. Of course, Joe isn't alone, as most of The Pittsburgh "Sports Media" are like this. Ron Cook, Jory Rand, and Gene Collier,just to name a few, are more glorified cheerleaders than they are journalists. Any kind of criticisim those dipshits give are soft, as they probably are too scared to piss off someone at the organization. That's why I will take Mill, Trenches, and anyone here at Stillers.com over any member of The Pittsburgh Sports Media. Not only do they not pull any punches, they obviously do their homework and know what they're talking about, unlike those clowns.

Although to be fair it isn't just the local media. Case in point; Some drunk retard that barely could form a complete sentence called up "The Nightly Sportscall" last night. Out of anything he could talk about in this fiasco of a season what does he choose to discuss? Why, "How most Steelers fans are spoiled rotten", and that "We are bound to have a down season once in a while."

Oh, shut the fuck up you brain dead Yinzer!!! First off, they had "a down season" just 3 short years ago. Maybe if you didn't need help counting to 10 you would've known that. Second, this is The NFL, not some pick up league. If your goal isn't to at least make they playoffs every year, what the fuck are you playing for?!? You and people like you are A-O.K. with losing, and probably would be if this club turned into The Cleveland Browns overnight. However, don't get mad at those of us because we have something called standards, a concept which you all will never understand. Go follow one of those loser leagues that don't keep score or that gives every team a trophy. That's obviously more your speed.

Sorry, rant over. I just had to get that off my chest after this disaster called The 2012 Season. :supissed:

Hall of Famer

Re: Excellence Of Excuses

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am

Rant accepted and wel done sir. No Homers here at Stillers. :suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 am

"Oh, shut the fuck up you brain dead Yinzer!!! First off, they had "a down season" just 3 short years ago. Maybe if you didn't need help counting to 10 you would've known that. Second, this is The NFL, not some pick up league. If your goal isn't to at least make they playoffs every year, what the fuck are you playing for?!? You and people like you are A-O.K. with losing, and probably would be if this club turned into The Cleveland Browns overnight. However, don't get mad at those of us because we have something called standards, a concept which you all will never understand. Go follow one of those loser leagues that don't keep score or that gives every team a trophy. That's obviously more your speed."

Don't take those kinds of callers seriously. Ever see those crowds at the snake oil salesman's wagon? There's always some plant who shouts "I used this stuff and it cured my ...".

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Coke Oven wrote:"Oh, shut the fuck up you brain dead Yinzer!!! First off, they had "a down season" just 3 short years ago. Maybe if you didn't need help counting to 10 you would've known that. Second, this is The NFL, not some pick up league. If your goal isn't to at least make they playoffs every year, what the fuck are you playing for?!? You and people like you are A-O.K. with losing, and probably would be if this club turned into The Cleveland Browns overnight. However, don't get mad at those of us because we have something called standards, a concept which you all will never understand. Go follow one of those loser leagues that don't keep score or that gives every team a trophy. That's obviously more your speed."

Don't take those kinds of callers seriously. Ever see those crowds at the snake oil salesman's wagon? There's always some plant who shouts "I used this stuff and it cured my ...".

Sadly, these kinds of nimrods exist in real life. There are many Pirates Fans out there who honestly don't understand how anybody can get mad over a team that has lost for 2 consecutive decades. :sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Agree. Isn't most of those guys you listed as "sports media" the same ones that are at Tomlin's press conference every week? I've watched a few of those "Tomlin's press conferences" and always thought what a bunch of amateurish hicks asking Tomlin those dumb ass soft questions trying not to offend him or get him mad. Probably all part of the propaganda
machine to do what ever it takes to keep the seats filled.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 am

Yeah, I believe they are. Rand is the worst. Just a glorified weatherman who knows shit about sports, but because he's on T.V. thinks he knows everything from A to Z.

Return to Stillers Talk