Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Well, well, well...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Well, well, well...

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:55 am

Ariens, I believe, is in the playoffs.

Tomlin, I believe, is not.

That says it all.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Well, well, well...

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:24 am

Very sad, and very telling. Indy won 2 games last year, and going in I would've been surprised if they would've won more than 5. Luck was a green-horned rookie QB, and I don't believe they added any impact F.A.'s in the off-season.

Actually, a strong case could be made for Arians to win AFC Coach Of The Year.

Practice Squad

Postby Geor! » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 am

Steelers76 wrote:Very sad, and very telling. Indy won 2 games last year, and going in I would've been surprised if they would've won more than 5. Luck was a green-horned rookie QB, and I don't believe they added any impact F.A.'s in the off-season.

Not to take any criticism away from Tomlin, but you need to become familiar with a term called 'sandbagging.'

Sandbagging is a form of cheating whereby you intentionally lose, or ever-so-barely win, usually, in order to have a better effect down the road. Anybody with two eyes knew that they weren't a 2-14 even without Peyton. Even this sack of monkey shit team could have won two games this year w/o beloved ben.

That being said, I am officially calling for Tomlin's head now. In these six games he has proven, without a shadow of doubt, that he does not belong on the sidelines at the professional level and until 2016, when his contract is up (if it isn't renewed), mediocrity to outright shit fucking abysmal play is to be expected. Bring on the brownies and let them sweep this pitiful group of fags; maybe that'll light a fire under someone's lazy fat ass.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 am

Geor! wrote:
Steelers76 wrote:Very sad, and very telling. Indy won 2 games last year, and going in I would've been surprised if they would've won more than 5. Luck was a green-horned rookie QB, and I don't believe they added any impact F.A.'s in the off-season.

Not to take any criticism away from Tomlin, but you need to become familiar with a term called 'sandbagging.'

Sandbagging is a form of cheating whereby you intentionally lose, or ever-so-barely win, usually, in order to have a better effect down the road. Anybody with two eyes knew that they weren't a 2-14 even without Peyton. Even this sack of monkey shit team could have won two games this year w/o beloved ben.

That being said, I am officially calling for Tomlin's head now. In these six games he has proven, without a shadow of doubt, that he does not belong on the sidelines at the professional level and until 2016, when his contract is up (if it isn't renewed), mediocrity to outright shit fucking abysmal play is to be expected. Bring on the brownies and let them sweep this pitiful group of fags; maybe that'll light a fire under someone's lazy fat ass.

Merry fucking Christmas.

I know what "sandbagging" is, and that Colts team wasn't "sandbagging" it, at least not until maybe the last few weeks of the season. They were totally caught off-guard by Manning's season ending injury, which is why they had an old drunk like Collins at QB, as well as career no talents Curtis Painter and Dan Orvlosky in there as well. Regardless, they were not a playoff team last year, or even close to it. This year they are. Period.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:38 am

No, No, No the Colts did not "sanbag" it last year. Like someone said they were a gutted team without hope and identity. Rather, the glory goes to The new team the owner and BA.

I am going to repeat what I have said in many previous posts. Our drafting has been shit awful. Now even those players who we look to mature in their 3 4th years SUCK. We have YEARS in the gutter coming

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:00 am

The way that I see it sandbagging is stealing. If a team intentionally loses then they ought to refund any money that fans spent on the games or on purchasing any merchandise at the stadium. I agree that the way that the draft works teams are encouraged to sandbag and they probably do it. Just part of the overall nfl corruption, I guess.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am

As one of the more senior (age wise) posters on this board, I have learned the hard way that nobody's as good as they seem when they are on top, and nobody's as bad as they look when they are on bottom.

It hasn't been a good season but the Steelers organization has been able to come back before. Cowher had 3 losing seasons in a row. Chuck Noll, the man who built the greatest pro football team ever, ran out of gas at the end. Overall, the stability provided by the way the Steelers run things is far superior to the franchises that change coaches as fast as strippers change outfits.

Return to Stillers Talk