Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » 2012-Week 16-Steelers vs. Bungles Game Thread

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 2012-Week 16-Steelers vs. Bungles Game Thread

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:32 pm

deltadweller wrote:That loss is all Tomlin. You don't try the long FG with time and game tied and you don't try to score from your own end with 40 seconds left. The odds aren't with you. Dumb dumb dumb!

The sad thing is he could do this sort of thing for the next few seasons, and still be employed here for at least a decade more. A coach can regress, same as a player. This organization best figure that out soon.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Another reason that this loss is on Tomlin is that Dwyer SUCKED from the start. So obviously, Mendy didn't get the lion's share of the runs when he was clearly motivated today. Obviously the guy tip-toeing for < 3 yd/carry deserves more carries than the guy at 4.5+ yd/carry. This isn't a popularity contest. Mendy is a piece of crap for his actions this season but this was a playoff game for the team. It's just one element of many as to why this game was lost. You need to get your best players to ball and they didn't.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:45 pm

I hope the Stains smear us 84-0. I hope Ben throws 8 INTs. I hope Haley grabs a ref and gets suspended for life. I want to see this team lose as bad as thet really are. This team is a rabble

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

PGHeaven wrote:I hope the Stains smear us 84-0. I hope Ben throws 8 INTs. I hope Haley grabs a ref and gets suspended for life. I want to see this team lose as bad as thet really are. This team is a rabble

Now? I can't disagree whatsoever. Emotion aside, there's nothing that would serve the organization better than a crushing defeat at the hands of the Mistake on the Lake.

In retrospect, I think Relictele was right in his assessment earlier in the week. Kudos where kudos deserved.

For once, given the outcome, you cannot in anyway fault the defense regardless of if mistakes were made at times. 6 points were given up... 6 points! The offense gave up more points than the defense. Enough said. :supissed: Haley, Tomlin and Ben all have equal hands here in my opinion.

2012 = :sutimebomb:

I want to know if this organization is too arrogant to get out of its own way or not... If not, 2013 will be worse...

Practice Squad

Postby steelkings » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:58 pm

thats it Kids....Christmas tree is coming down

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 pm

trenches wrote:Another reason that this loss is on Tomlin is that Dwyer SUCKED from the start. So obviously, Mendy didn't get the lion's share of the runs when he was clearly motivated today. Obviously the guy tip-toeing for < 3 yd/carry deserves more carries than the guy at 4.5+ yd/carry. This isn't a popularity contest. Mendy is a piece of crap for his actions this season but this was a playoff game for the team. It's just one element of many as to why this game was lost. You need to get your best players to ball and they didn't.

Trenches I don't know. The RB did their job in the first half. Then I think the oline had melt down. Nobody ran between tackles... WR were disappointing. Wallace ? Have you seen him ? TE ? Miller ? And Ben ? What happened to Ben ? We better draft a QB in the second or third round. Worst scenario it works as for Kirk Cousins with the Redskins. Ben is never going to play a full season. And we do not have a backup. The first two people to be fired are Leftwich and Batch. Then Butler. Then the special teams coach. Then Lebeau and cut all the " old " defense. Then you chat a little with Haley. Give him one more year. If it doesn't work... Raus

Practice Squad

Postby NOVASteel79 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:02 pm

All I can say is fuck Tomlin, and fuck you Haley! What a dogshit game of play calling. And thanks Ben for killing us with your late picks two weeks in a row, I'm sick to my stomach.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 pm

This is where those 4 losses to 4 bottom feeders have come back to haunt this team. If they won 2-3 of those contests, today's game wouldn't have meant shit.

This is Tomlin's 6th season. Many will point to The SB Championship and 2 AFC Titles. That's fine, but just make sure you point to the 2 non-winning, non-playoff season's under his belt as well.

EDIT; It's 2 non-playoff, 1 non-winning season. They finished 9-7 in 2009. Not that this makes this disaster any better.....
Last edited by Steelers76 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby NOVASteel79 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Steelers76 wrote:This is where those 4 losses to 4 bottom feeders have come back to haunt this team. If they won 2-3 of those contests, today's game wouldn't have meant shit.

This is Tomlin's 6th season. Many will point to The SB Championship and 2 AFC Titles. That's fine, but just make sure you point to the 2 non-winning, non-playoff season's under his belt as well.

:suplusone:

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Ohio wrote:Trenches I don't know.

I do, I'm not saying he would have saved the day but Dwyer was Downy soft all day long. Who do you want running similar plays -- a guy averaging 2.7 yd/carry or 4.5 yd/carry??? That's not a minor discrepancy and I didn't need stats to tell me who was better today -- Dwyer ran scared. It's just one reason why the coaching has to be questioned. Dwyer has PROVEN by his attitude all year long that he DOES NOT have the mentality of a starting RB. He thinks of himself as a backup. I don't want that guy carrying the load in a key game. This isolated situation is just ONE example as to why Tomlin and Haley were idiots in this game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:25 pm

What the fuck happened to Dwyer?!? Dude looked like the 2nd coming of Earl Campbell earlier this season, and then promptly disappeared....

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Steelers76 wrote:What the fuck happened to Dwyer?!? Dude looked like the 2nd coming of Earl Campbell earlier this season, and then promptly disappeared....

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 pm

trenches wrote:
Ohio wrote:Trenches I don't know.

I do, I'm not saying he would have saved the day but Dwyer was Downy soft all day long. Who do you want running similar plays -- a guy averaging 2.7 yd/carry or 4.5 yd/carry??? That's not a minor discrepancy and I didn't need stats to tell me who was better today -- Dwyer ran scared. It's just one reason why the coaching has to be questioned. Dwyer has PROVEN by his attitude all year long that he DOES NOT have the mentality of a starting RB. He thinks of himself as a backup. I don't want that guy carrying the load in a key game. This isolated situation is just ONE example as to why Tomlin and Haley were idiots in this game.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I liked the way that we ran. I just think that in the first half was fair enough. In the second it was putrid. But it was time to put the game and the season in Ben's Hands. He didn't deliver. Wallace completely disappeared. Miller ? The stat says that he was targeted 9 times for 3 receptions. Honestly I don't even remember one of this targeted pass. Haley ? Where is his constitency in the play calling ? No WR screen. No RB screen. No play action whatsoever. I loved only the final two plays of the first half. The rest was very questionable. But also Ben's play was not good. What happened to him ? Was he hurt ? I don't know what to think. I just know that the season is over. I was talking about a possible 13-3 just a few weeks ago. And now I'm lost. We had the game in full control. And lost it. Defense played maybe the best game of the season. But it doesn't count now. It's over. Let's lose the next to get a better pick...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Look at the bright side; Nobody from The AFC North is going anywhere in the post-season. Cinci will not only lose to Denver or New England, but will lose bad and continue their playoff winless streak to 22 years. Baltimore MAY sqeak by Indy, but I don't see them doing anything beyond that....

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Ohio wrote:Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I liked the way that we ran. I just think that in the first half was fair enough. In the second it was putrid. But it was time to put the game and the season in Ben's Hands. He didn't deliver. Wallace completely disappeared. Miller ? The stat says that he was targeted 9 times for 3 receptions. Honestly I don't even remember one of this targeted pass. Haley ? Where is his constitency in the play calling ? No WR screen. No RB screen. No play action whatsoever. I loved only the final two plays of the first half. The rest was very questionable. But also Ben's play was not good. What happened to him ? Was he hurt ? I don't know what to think. I just know that the season is over. I was talking about a possible 13-3 just a few weeks ago. And now I'm lost. We had the game in full control. And lost it. Defense played maybe the best game of the season. But it doesn't count now. It's over. Let's lose the next to get a better pick...

Yeah. I totally agree, Ohio. We were making two different points.

Poor execution. Poor play calling. Poor loss on the heels of a solid defensive performance. In reality there was no way this team would get ANYTHING done in the playoffs. It's better that they choked so they get a better draft choice as much as I HATE to say it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm

As somebody said on here a few weeks ago, and I have said myself in the past on here, G.M. Colbert needs to start taking his fair share of shit as well. A few sub-par drafts, and doing next to nothing in The F.A. Market has lead us to this point.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Speaking of The 2009 Season and not even making the playoffs a year after winning The Super Bowl, it looks like The Giants may joing us in that regard. The Ratbirds taking it to them right now, 24-7.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Steelers76 wrote:As somebody said on here a few weeks ago, and I have said myself in the past on here, G.M. Colbert needs to start taking his fair share of shit as well. A few sub-par drafts, and doing next to nothing in The F.A. Market has lead us to this point.

Yes this shit season is not some sort of aberration. It is the culmination of the talent in the organization falling off due to age and no stud replacements.

A side point-- it seems every time that Ben gets a serious injury, you can pretty much count on his play to fall off and the season goes to shit. Now this is understandable. But it is time to draft a real backup future quarterback.

Got to agree with the idea that they might as well get pasted by the Clowns and improve draft postion...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 am

LenSherwood wrote:
Steelers76 wrote:As somebody said on here a few weeks ago, and I have said myself in the past on here, G.M. Colbert needs to start taking his fair share of shit as well. A few sub-par drafts, and doing next to nothing in The F.A. Market has lead us to this point.

Yes this shit season is not some sort of aberration. It is the culmination of the talent in the organization falling off due to age and no stud replacements.

A side point-- it seems every time that Ben gets a serious injury, you can pretty much count on his play to fall off and the season goes to shit. Now this is understandable. But it is time to draft a real backup future quarterback.

Got to agree with the idea that they might as well get pasted by the Clowns and improve draft postion...

To that end, Re: Colbert, can anyone name a clear cut Joe Greene/Steelers Rookie Of The Year from this past season?? Decastro has been hurt the majority of the season, Adams has looked like a sick turtle when he has played, I don't even know what happened to that undersized LB they drafted from Florida St., and that NT from Washington made more news off the field then on it. Not good.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 am

To that end, Re: Colbert, can anyone name a clear cut Joe Greene/Steelers Rookie Of The Year from this past season?? Decastro has been hurt the majority of the season, Adams has looked like a sick turtle when he has played, I don't even know what happened to that undersized LB they drafted from Florida St., and that NT from Washington made more news off the field then on it. Not good.[/quote]

Don't forget about Butler

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads Forum