Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Trade Ben Roethlisberger - or

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

Trade Ben Roethlisberger - or

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

It is time to make the switch. If the Steelers do not. They are faced with a meltdown of epic proportions that will make the 80's look like Good times. Ben can not evade a pass rush any longer. That means that the Motus Operendi of his QBing is neutered. We can all see that he does not possess pocket passing skills and SUCK at timing patterns. In other words - he blows. There is only one way out of this and that is to shitcan the Haley experiment. An abject failure. Haley wants a ball control scheme for an offense that can not control its rectum. One or the other has GOT TO GO!

Stillers.com Team

Re: Trade Ben Roethlisberger - or

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm

PGHeaven wrote:Haley wants a ball control scheme for an offense that can not control its rectum. One or the other has GOT TO GO!

All due respect PG, Haley is mandated by the Rooney's here. So he's handcuffed. The Rooney's and their meddling ways have clearly influenced play calling in a negative fashion. This is similar to what happened during and after the Cleveland game with the RB's due to fumbles (i.e. Tomlin's handling of that situation). When you get any individual (ANY) looking over their shoulder, they CANNOT and WILL NOT perform at their peak... PERIOD! In short, we all have issues with Haley but the issues aren't just his or just Ben's or Tomlin's... it's the ORGANIZATION's. A fish rots from the head down.

There's a great deal to address including stopping the Dan Snyder affect... The question is if the GM is strong enough to take the reins and push up and down in the organizational chain to get things moving in the right direction. It's a HUGE question...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 pm

PGHeaven wrote:It is time to make the switch. If the Steelers do not. They are faced with a meltdown of epic proportions that will make the 80's look like Good times. Ben can not evade a pass rush any longer. That means that the Motus Operendi of his QBing is neutered. We can all see that he does not possess pocket passing skills and SUCK at timing patterns. In other words - he blows. There is only one way out of this and that is to shitcan the Haley experiment. An abject failure. Haley wants a ball control scheme for an offense that can not control its rectum. One or the other has GOT TO GO!

As I was saying... Let's draft a second or third round QB. For sure he is going to play at least two games next year ( Ben is always hurt with his playing style ).

End of next year if with ben and haley it doesn't work you fire one and trade the other

Practice Squad

Postby IC Lite » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm

The Haley experiment is a complete failure. Arians had a better understanding of what the offensive players were capable of. If the rooneys want to run the more ball effectively then get an offensive line that can run block and utilize a blocking fullback. Get a coordinator than knows how to utilize the talents of his players, not shove some strategy down their throat that no one understand, the dink and dunk is more like stink and sucks. Ben's play would improve if there were some line blocking, use the no huddle and he would be allowed to call his own plays.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

IC Lite wrote:The Haley experiment is a complete failure. Arians had a better understanding of what the offensive players were capable of. If the rooneys want to run the more ball effectively then get an offensive line that can run block and utilize a blocking fullback. Get a coordinator than knows how to utilize the talents of his players, not shove some strategy down their throat that no one understand, the dink and dunk is more like stink and sucks. Ben's play would improve if there were some line blocking, use the no huddle and he would be allowed to call his own plays.

As I indicated in a prior post, IC Lite, the ROONEY's chose the coordinator and thus the offensive scheme. Haley is known as an OC that DOES adapt to his players so I fear the Dan Snyder affect here. Why would a coordinator that is known for utilizing his talents all of a sudden be a system-based coordinator? Wait... why was he hired and his predecessor fired? Oh yeah...the OWNER wanted more ball control. The OWNER trumped his head coach (who wanted BA back) and forced the change and mandated the scheme change. This whole organization is looking over their collective shoulder...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:33 pm

I won't say its time to trade BR7 but we definitely have to be thinking about his successor, and do something about it. He's on the wrong side of age 30, and his style of play has led him to get hurt in both of the last seasons, seriously impacting how they turned out. His style makes it hard on the o-linemen who never know where he is; Batch, a relatively immobile guy, only got sacked once by the vaunted Ravens D during the game he won. So who's to say our line sucks? Is it them, or do they have an appreciably harder job because of who they have to protect?

So given that we need a backup who is going to have to play at least 3-4 games per season for the next few years, maybe it is time to take a good prospect in the first round and groom him. Most QB's only play until age 34-35 and Ben may not make it that long.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am

I by no means think we should trade Ben away, but if we had to, I'd say try to get Alex Smith away from SF

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:16 am

Still Peon wrote:I by no means think we should trade Ben away, but if we had to, I'd say try to get Alex Smith away from SF

I just threw up in my mouth

Practice Squad

Postby steelkings » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:04 pm

IF And thats a mighty big if. (Pun intended) If it was even fathomable to trade Ben, here's the deal I would go after. I want a number 1 and 3 from Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. I'm then going to send Larry Fitzgerald to Washington for Kirk Cousins. Arizona gets a franchise QB while I just added a guy who will play with in the Steeler system for a long time, while adding a low 1st rounder to my 1st round draft pick.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Who would want that big washed up lump of shit with that giant contract. The only hope would be to find a team like Oakland that Cinci suckered into taking Carson Palmer.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:39 pm

I think Haley will be gone. Ben will stay. Batch will retire and Giant Rodney will not be asked to return. The onus is now on Colbert and Rooney. They need no more proof that they can no longer sit on a plush couch eating bon-bons. They must do things in the free agency and draft with an eye towards the future. This is what enrages me the most. Precisely when ben should have that prime mix of experience and ability is the exact period in Steeler time that these 2 bozos allowed the team to morph into a brothel like mixture of fat lazy stupid uninspired bunch of homos. Looking back I see ALL of our top draft picks amounting to a waste of time and money. Woodley Hood Heyward Decastro. NONE of these people possess the fire that we see from other rookies around the NFL. I attribute this to lazy research. Momlin is the last piece of this puzzle. He had better go back to the "lab" and put HIMSELF on the workbench

Return to Stillers Talk