Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Digging for hope in 2012

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Digging for hope in 2012

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:22 pm

I would feel a helluva lot better about our chances if I saw something that resembled a pass rush. Playing 2nd and 3rd string DB's with no pass rush is a recipe for disaster. Our offense could help to offset the D's shortcomings, except I have no confidence that our WR corps can make it through a half without turning over the ball. I completely agree that Hines' presence has been sorely missed. Maybe he could at least pay a visit to the locker room and slap around a few of these focus-challenged WR's and remind them what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

I don't know what can be done about the pathetic pass rush, but something needs to change. For one, Mclendon should see much more time on the field than he does. His lack of playing time is inexplicable. Secondly, where is blitzburgh? I understand the weaknesses at CB, but you have two veteran safeties you can roll to the blitzing side. Most of our blitzes seem relatively generic in nature and not very well disguised. I constantly see our defenders giving away the blitz design at the LOS before the snap.

All that being said, if the WR's and DB's play adequately, we get some sort of pass rush, the O-line blocks, the planets align just right with the moon, and Santa Claus kicks the Tooth Fairies ass, then we win the superbowl!!!
:sudancin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Pommah wrote:Sunday's game...40th anniversary of Immaculate Reception...two days after the world was supposed to end....

I'm thinking, Troy pick-6 90 yards or something like that to serve as a catalyst for a rebound to become the team they should be....

Oh, I'm not dead? I thought maybe I was caught up in some weird dream where the Steelers forgot who the hell they were!

Practice Squad

Postby Steelblud » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am

It is written. The Steelers beat the Bungles, then the Stains. It's not that hard. The playoffs start now.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby kapone » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm

this one was tough...that is all.
move on.

we all have obligations the next couple of days..smile and take care of those obligations..be a sportsman

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk