Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Game Plans - How Do you see it?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Game Plans - How Do you see it?

Postby steelkings » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

The way I see it:

The Bengals are going to pound the Law Firm. They will want to keep this game close and wear the Steelers down by pounding the ball and winning it in the 4th quarter. Make no mistake that that is what they do. Green Ellis is getting about 25 carries a game with a 4.1 YPC average. Dalton on average is tossing about 200 yards per game. If I'm scouting the Steelers Im going to report that they are not very good up front and they can be run on. With the fragile secondary the Steelers will put out there, and the known aggressiveness of the Steeler safeties, If the Steelers try and jump routes or fill the run gaps with the safeties, they will get lit up with the Play action passing game for big gains and scores. The Steelers need to stay disciplined and patient. If the Bengals want to dink and dunk for long multiple play drives, so be it.

As bleak as that may sound there is something the Steelers can do about this. This week the best defense is the offense. If the Steelers are to win the next three or 4 games it is going to have to be done by their multi million dollar franchise QB. Ben Roethlisberger is going to need to do something he has done rarely this season. He needs to get his team off to a large (More than a TD) lead in this game. Lets score on the 1st 2 drives. One of them a TD. A 2 TD lead at the half gets the Bengals away from what they do best. For that matter, if we look ahead, Trent Richardson and the Browns do the exact same thing.

Summing it up. The Steelers CANNOT survive any more physical pounding style football games. They simply are not healthy enough for it. Roethlisberger needs to put this team on his back and turn these next two games into track meets.

If its snowy and windy in Pittsburgh Sunday you can point to SS1's curse...Were screwed in bad weather.

Decent Weather Prediction
Pittsburgh -30
Cincinnati -20

Foul Weather Prediction
Cincinnati -20
Pittsburgh -17

***Ext Forecast*** 35 Degrees and Partly sunny -- Winds NW 8mph -- Perfect!

Stillers.com Team

Re: Game Plans - How Do you see it?

Postby trenches » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I'd say that's a fair assessment.

If the Steelers go down early it'll be a long day. Conversely I'll never feel comfortable even with a 2+ TD lead in this game. With Lewis stepping in a hole and injuring his knee yesterday, I really feel that this will be a tough win to grab.

Ben and the O really do need to carry the day (including carrying the rock and not coughing it up).

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 pm

I will tell you exactly wtf needs to happen. Mr bo clangles needs to hold on to the fuggin pig when its thrown his way. Not at the end in garbage time, in the beginning during despair the bungles time. And Anton Brown needs to unfunk and be all we know he can be. Thise 2 things and some skull bashing by Dwyer will get er done

Practice Squad

Postby steelkings » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 am

Mohammed the twitter Prophet will carry the ball 15 times in this game. That wont leave much for Dwyer.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

These two phrases are why I can't get enough of this site!

"Mohammed the twitter Prophet " and "Mr bo clangles"

Still freakin laughing.... :lol: :D :lol: :D

Return to Stillers Talk