Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby LenSherwood » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:41 pm

There is an article on Pitt Tribune today about the issue of what happens now as the Cowher organization and players age out of the league. Someone posted the drafts in the Tomlin era and someone compared that to the 1980s, essentially a lost decade for those of you old enough to remember those days. It looks eerily similar for the majority of players drafted in comparison. Plus, Cowher was better at free agent acquisition. I think there is only one really good play acquired in Tomlin's era--Suisham has been awesome this year. So now you are looking at Troy Pola probably on his last legs, literally, Harrison is effective but slow. Ike is still the only reliable corner at all. On offense, this current batch of dipshit receivers is annoying and there is no steady H. Ward to rely upon. With the drafts since 2007 not hitting home runs, with no intelligent free agents, the next years look rough.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelblud » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Ride Sally Ride. Just strap yourself in for a long one.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm

LenSherwood wrote:Cowher was better at free agent acquisition. I think there is only one really good play acquired in Tomlin's era--Suisham has been awesome this year.

You gotta also give Tomlin credit for Mewelde Moore, who had a stellar '08 in replacing all of our broken down RBs, and I'd even say Jericho Cotchery, who's as solid of a #3 or #4 as anyone you'll find in FA.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm

For me, the biggest disappointment with this team has to be the WR's. Before the season, I thought this group was a team strength with it's youth and athleticism, despite feeling Wallace was overrated. I can think of at least 4 games where they literally cost us the game by either fumbling, dropping the ball, or not fighting off an intercepting DB (Fuckin' Wallace). It's just not one or two guys either, but literally every damn one of them!!! - except for maybe Cotch. They spent too much time before the season reading about how good they were, but now they've regressed into a bunch of pussified punks who can't take a hit. This group, specifically, is why we won't make the playoffs or end up one and done. If Ben doesn't run around for 11 seconds they can't even get open! Then, they jump up and dance around like queers sentenced to life on Broke-back mountain; when, in reality, Ben did all of the fucking work!

:sutimebomb: :suahhbs: :supissed: :sufu:

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm with the rest of ya'll. The steelers suck. Go Pats!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm

jdpdts wrote:The steelers suck. Go Pats!

Go wash Brady's balls, you feces monger......only Steelers fans are allowed to say they suck, not some Gay fan. Even if you're winding us up, you still deserve a jack-in-the-box up your ass.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelblud » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:17 am

Yea. What Peon said.

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:05 am

Still Peon wrote:

Go wash Brady's balls, you feces monger......only Steelers fans are allowed to say they suck, not some Gay fan. Even if you're winding us up, you still deserve a jack-in-the-box up your ass.

I'm a fan like ya'll. I thought that saying the Steelers suck is what we do on here. My bad. "I'm cheering for the Steelers!" Is that alright to say on here?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

jdpdts - People come here to vent their frustrations after shitty losses, so if you don't like it I suggest maybe you don't come to this forum.

I never understood how people can criticize blogs and forums yet they post in them? If you don't like it - don't read it. Why is that so difficult?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

jdpdts wrote:
Still Peon wrote:

I'm a fan like ya'll. I thought that saying the Steelers suck is what we do on here. My bad. "I'm cheering for the Steelers!" Is that alright to say on here?

Beat it, kook.

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:jdpdts - People come here to vent their frustrations after shitty losses, so if you don't like it I suggest maybe you don't come to this forum.

I never understood how people can criticize blogs and forums yet they post in them? If you don't like it - don't read it. Why is that so difficult?

Where did I say I didn't like the blog? I posted "the Steelers suck" like almost everyone else and got blasted. I changed it to "I like the Steelers" and I got blasted. I'm confused. Do we hate em or not? Still Mill hates'em and has convinced me to as well. Isn't that the point? How am I out of bounds? Help me out.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 pm

You posted...... "I'm with the rest of ya'll. The steelers suck. Go Pats!"

Obviously, you're either not smart enough to figure things out on your own or you're just trolling. Either way, I really have nothing else to discuss with you.

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:29 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:You posted...... "I'm with the rest of ya'll. The steelers suck. Go Pats!"

Obviously, you're either not smart enough to figure things out on your own or you're just trolling. Either way, I really have nothing else to discuss with you.

You called em queers, but I can't say they suck?! So it's not bad to hate on the Steelers here, just certain things I can't say, correct? Shoot me a list of what things are too offensive to you on this site and I'll try and limit those expressions. Forgive me SoCal?

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk