Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 am

Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am

OK, I haven't looked because last night's game pretty much sealed the deal of this mediocre team's season, but what combination of this teams losses and that teams losses puts this horrible team into the playoffs? I assume that since everyone sucks pretty much, you are never out of the playoffs, sort of like the NHL in the old days. Damn can the entirely shit record of 9 and 7 make it? Of course 9 and 7 isn't easy for this team what with the likes of Cincy and the Browns coming to town...

Practice Squad

Postby Geor! » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 am

Lurking for years, unable to join at one point for the longest time and finally gave it another shot today. Pitiful that this will be my first post here, but I do always enjoy Mill's summaries, win or lose.

LenSherwood wrote:OK, I haven't looked because last night's game pretty much sealed the deal of this mediocre team's season, but what combination of this teams losses and that teams losses puts this horrible team into the playoffs? I assume that since everyone sucks pretty much, you are never out of the playoffs, sort of like the NHL in the old days. Damn can the entirely shit record of 9 and 7 make it? Of course 9 and 7 isn't easy for this team what with the likes of Cincy and the Browns coming to town...

What the hell does it even matter? Even if they beat both the Bungles and Brownies and SOMEHOW manage to squeak their sorry asses into the playoffs, they'll be one and done like last year, just in a bit more embarrassing fashion. The ineptitude and sheer "fuck it" mentality of this entire team is not only frustrating as a fan to witness but is foreign to this franchise. This is shit that I would expect from the opponent we just lost to, to be quite honest. Since I live down here, today is going to suck, though I'll proudly wear my Steelers gear.

I'm not sure where the problem lies, or if the team is just diseased from the GM on down. Tomlin certainly seems to not be able to even hold a candle to his predecessors now that the Cowher era team has either aged or vacated. Before the season, I saw a photo on a website of the new OLmen they drafted and while I did identify myself as a fan in a discussion of that photo, I also said that they wouldn't be too good this year -- 8-8 was my prediction, actually. I was quickly met with a comment of "they're prime for Bowl runs for the next 3 years" and other homer type comments. How stupid they must feel. How wrong I wish I would have been.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 am

The only par performance in regards to this game is Mill post game analysis. This is an uninspired lazy shit team. This is a group of imposters who are tarnishing the black and gold. It must make Harry and HJeath nuts to watch these shit rookies and replacement jagoffs sully the team colors. How did we get to the point where we have a Heyward stumbling around avoiding contatct and playing like a complete pussy? How did this team get to a point where we have a head coach who doesn't even recognize basic problems? But what fucks me off the most is to witness the vets like Pola Keisel Ben et al mailing it in. Leaning on yesteryears accomplishements for their stature. Seeing all this horseshit facebook shit and all this nightclubbing and fucking around instead of dedication to the sport. Pisses me off. If I thought that the Steelers were working hard and coming up short that would be one thing. But when I saw that Kiesel, had his dick knocked into the dirt - and had actually GIVEN UP on the play - when the ball rolled in front of this lazy fuks paunch, that is when I knew that this mess of a team has given up. This Heyward jerkoff needs to BE GONE! We need to find people with fire in their bellies. Not this narcoleptic bunch of dog dicks

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 am

Go back to October 12 76's post "Are we in for a long losing period?" It's been fairly obvious for a while this team just doesn't have "it".

There is a reason there are no guaranteed contracts in football. It's a brutal sport. You got your money, you mail it in. Well it looks to me like a bunch of Steelers have enough money to be satisfied.

Tomlin is not matching the brutality of the game. A guy like Brown would have big chunks missing out of his ass if he were on the patriots, courtesy of Bellichick. Tomlin is too much of a players' coach. Nobody on the Patriots likes Bellichick, but they sure as hell respect him. Reminds me of Noll. None of the players had a relationship with him or even liked him, but they had 4 rings courtesy of him. If Tomlin wants to win more championships he's got to give up the nice-nice and become a mean-assed son of a bitch.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am

I'm fucking practically speechless. What an embarassing, disgusting display of "I dont give a shit." Fuck this group of assholes. Every last one of 'em. I have more heart in my fucking left nut than half of the goddamn roster. I hope we lose to Cincy next week just so I don't have to endure another minute.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am

"Synopsis: Another shit loss to a shit team. Which, logically at this point of the season, makes this Stillers team a shit team. There’s no sense in applying whipped cream on shit and calling it a pie. This is a shit team, with shit focus, shit leadership, shit dedication, and shit coaching. Plain and simple. At this point, it would be better to fail to qualify for the playoffs, which not only would provide a better draft pick, but more importantly also spark some energy, decision making, and adjustments in the offseason. This team got its ass whipped in the wildcard round last year, and then played grabass in the offseason, doing nothing of any significance and coasting into the ’12 season with very little shake up. Only a failure to make the playoffs will even remotely shake this stagnant franchise out of its doldrums."

Thanks Mill.... 100% spot on!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Pump-N-Iron wrote:"Synopsis: Another shit loss to a shit team. Which, logically at this point of the season, makes this Stillers team a shit team. There’s no sense in applying whipped cream on shit and calling it a pie. This is a shit team, with shit focus, shit leadership, shit dedication, and shit coaching. Plain and simple. At this point, it would be better to fail to qualify for the playoffs, which not only would provide a better draft pick, but more importantly also spark some energy, decision making, and adjustments in the offseason. This team got its ass whipped in the wildcard round last year, and then played grabass in the offseason, doing nothing of any significance and coasting into the ’12 season with very little shake up. Only a failure to make the playoffs will even remotely shake this stagnant franchise out of its doldrums."

Thanks Mill.... 100% spot on!

Yes, I really do agree with Mill, too. The only difference is I might give the head coach an F. What a piece of shit this dude is turning into. Tomlin has the best support staff, the best owner, the best city, the best fans, the best talent, the best everything.......and he fucks it up. Should have never been given the job in the first place, IMO.

As for "injuries", every fucking team is hurt in December. These losses are all on Mighty Mike Tomlin, but I don't believe we should fire him.....I believe he should just step down and go away. There is no way in hell this is fun anymore for Tomlin, no fucking way. Look at him, he's a fucking mess.

Mike Tomlin is coaching the Steelers, but we should have hired him to coach Pitt.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:58 pm

I'd say I was just piling onto the same shit wagon that everybody else is on today, but I've already been on this one for a while now, and I've had plenty of company. All of this BS attitude the team has started with "Mr. Holdout" Iron "Skillet Hands" Mike "The Clanger" Wallace. Right from the get go this shithead has been dogging it, and then holding out his hand looking for a donation. He might as well just walk over to the sideline before every play, and ask Tomlin for some money before he'll do anything of value. He's become an embarrasment, to not only the Steelers, but to the entire league as well. There are plenty of players out there who could be playing for us or anybody, and would actually try their hardest to win, rather than be a lazy prick and cost us the game.

Of course, the problems we have don't end with Wally, but I'd say they begin there. I just pray that it's single-handedly just his attitude that's infecting the whole team, and once he's gone things will improve. If I'm wrong about this, and the attitude starts Tomlin, well then we'd all just better pony up the dough for a nice comfy seat on the shit wagon, 'cause this might turn into one long ride, as we slowly watch all our champions retire.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 pm

I give this year's team credit for one thing: the worst mistakes at the worst times no longer have any surprise factor. The Indy Colts-Polamalu 'fumble'-Vanderjagt game seems a lifetime ago in terms of emotional peaks and valleys.

Brown et al gain a routine first down and prance around like they won the Super Bowl and the Powerball jackpot simultaneously. The defense gets a tackle for loss on a busted play i.e. the opponent errs and they embarrass themselves with an over-the-top celebration.

The elaborate choreography magically vanishes when the inevitable disasters strike. The players try to sneak off the field and avoid their coach. But why avoid him? He's the one patting them on the backside for their latest cock-up.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Agree 100% with Mill and the rest of you guys. To take it a step further, I put a lot of our inability to score points on Big Ben. Take that Redskins-Clowns game. Rookie backup QB starting his first game beat the Clowns ass throwing for 339 yards and a couple of TD's. Do you think Ben will repeat that performance when we play the Clowns? I don't. Ben is not getting any better but actually regressing. Look at all the rookies in the last 2 years that are playing just as good if not better than Benny. Just my 2 cents.

Practice Squad

Postby nedrich12 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Geor! has it exactly right - Tomlin came in and rode on the player development and coaching process implemented by Cowher. Now that Cowher's players are aged out, Tomlin is exposed as useless. He's a horrible game planner and manager, and he can't develop talent like Cowher could. A large part of the Stillers' success under Cowher (and since then) was due to his ability to identify the athletes that make the linebacker-driven system work and pick them up late and coach them to handle the system. That's all gone now, as are any winning ways until Tomlin is fired.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Geor! & Nedrich12, welcome to you both and thanks for the posts.

Cowher was a control freak which played two ways; 1) it often held his teams back although he did finally win the SB and 2) it helped keep the team focus and thus the wheels on the bus. Tomlin clearly gives more autonomy to his coordinators which in and of itself is fine. BUT, only if he is ready to yank the reins to keep the ship both afloat and on track. That's clearly not happened. In fact, he canned his ST coach out of the blue during the preseason and we've seen one of the worst ST performances you could witness (a direct reflection of Tomlin's decision). The D has under-performed in big spots and the offense has complimented that by sucking in others (lack of consistency showing a lack of discipline, focus and leadership). They've played down to their level of competition (more of the same reasons). At this point, Mikey has to heed his own words, "I'm a 7-7 coach running a 7-7 team." That record, in this conference??? One word -- pitiful. Injuries aren't an excuse since as Mikey himself always says, "next man up!"

While I didn't have high preseason hopes either, Geor!, as the season unfolded (and the weakness of the AFC came into focus) my 9-7 preseason expectation was adjusted. In the end, my preseason expectations have no play in dampening my my anger.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm

relictele wrote:
Brown et al gain a routine first down and prance around like they won the Super Bowl and the Powerball jackpot simultaneously. The defense gets a tackle for loss on a busted play i.e. the opponent errs and they embarrass themselves with an over-the-top celebration.

The elaborate choreography magically vanishes when the inevitable disasters strike. The players try to sneak off the field and avoid their coach. But why avoid him? He's the one patting them on the backside for their latest cock-up.

This post is so right on. This team with the exception of a few players like Heath Miller acts like a bunch of pussies. They gripe about "America's Team" and they aren't even Pittsburgh's team anymore with that behavior. I'll take the Quips any day. :suplusone:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Mill said something about fat wallets last week I believe and Tomlin has a fat one and is riding out the string. He's been exposed. BR7, whatever magic he had is long gone. Now instead of winning, he throws game ending interceptions, that is the second one this year, Donkeys was the other one.
On defense the hardest playing guy is Harrison who is old and has bad knees. Guy has the heart, but he is the only one who can cause any kind of turnover or sack consistently. Block him and there is no pass rush. Ike Taylor as maligned and old as he is still is the best corner we have. In the draft we have too many needs to fill now. It's pretty much the end of the line......

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 pm

The Stillers took the lead in the 4Q, but true to his nature, Dick pissed the lead away as fast as a thirsty drunkard guzzles a bottle of Night Train.

This my friends, is the funniest line all year!!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

On the next punt return, Brown ripped off a nice return of 22 yards, but while lazily carrying the ball AWAY from his body, he got stripped like a $10 whore, giving Dall the ball at the PIT 44.

This one was pretty damn good too!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm

"Geor! has it exactly right - Tomlin came in and rode on the player development and coaching process implemented by Cowher. Now that Cowher's players are aged out, Tomlin is exposed as useless. He's a horrible game planner and manager, and he can't develop talent like Cowher could. A large part of the Stillers' success under Cowher (and since then) was due to his ability to identify the athletes that make the linebacker-driven system work and pick them up late and coach them to handle the system. That's all gone now, as are any winning ways until Tomlin is fired."

But...but...he's a minority coach. Now that's what it's really all about, isn't it?

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Coke Oven wrote:But...but...he's a minority coach. Now that's what it's really all about, isn't it?

Coke Oven, c'mon, man. Don't go there! That's bullshit and you know it. Measure a man on his aptitude and performance not his race. That shit has no place on these boards! PERIOD!

Practice Squad

Postby Steelblud » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 am

I'm riding this season out. but it's hard to expect what Steeler fans are used to.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk