Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » ILLNESS, INJURY, OR WHAT???

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

ILLNESS, INJURY, OR WHAT???

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

Anyone have any info on the mysterious illness plaguing the Stillers' injury report this week? Also, what the hell is Troy doing not practicing all week for a non-injury-related reason? Didn't he just get back? Plaxico? What the hell is going on?

Stillers.com Team

Re: ILLNESS, INJURY, OR WHAT???

Postby trenches » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:21 pm

isfry wrote:Anyone have any info on the mysterious illness plaguing the Stillers' injury report this week? Also, what the hell is Troy doing not practicing all week for a non-injury-related reason? Didn't he just get back? Plaxico? What the hell is going on?

All that's being said about the illness is that it's flu-like symptoms (Harrison, AB, Sylvester & Warren).

Troy practiced on Friday -- it's not uncommon for him to sit early week practices anyway although I don't know what's with the "non-injury related" tag. He's clearly not 100% so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I'm more concerned about AB's health due to whatever bug is going around. I think Ben will need as many functional weapons as possible this week.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks, Trenches. Let's get this thing done today.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 pm

isfry wrote:Thanks, Trenches. Let's get this thing done today.

Close but no cigar

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Well, there is a bug going around all right. The entire organization needs to be quarantined while an entire new organization is brought in for 2013. I can not point to one single person on this clown posse that has come out to earn their money this year except Shaun Suisham. A pathetic display that mocks Steeler football as it used to be

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby prowlin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:58 am

Don't forget to add Miller to the paycheck... man should get a double paycheck this year for picking up the other receivers slack. I thought the exact same thing today... what the hell is in the drinking water over at the training facility?? This is the most injury riddled season and boneheaded mistake prone season I can recall. 3 or 4 guys on the entire team look like they are playing with any passion whatsoever (and not celebrating every first down they earn). Rooney needs to right this ship and fast.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 pm

prowlin wrote:Don't forget to add Miller to the paycheck

Agreed. :suplusone:

Unfortunately, the coordinator and his QB didn't keep him on their radar in the second half. Ben can blame Haley all he wants but he is the general on the field that was far from on point yesterday. Glass house, Ben, glass house... the offense would have looked much different if you made all your throws and the receivers held onto the ball. Is that Haley's fault? This rift is just one more sign of the lack of cohesion with the team. It's really no shock that they perform the way they do on the field.

Return to Stillers Talk