Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Mendenhall finally benched

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Mendenhall finally benched

Postby Ohio » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 am

Is it the end of his days ?

I would say finally. Cannot stand the guy. Poor runner with premium money. And let's not forget that he was a 1ST rounder.

It seems to me that 1st rounders have been wasted by us in the last years.

Together with Wallace, can it be for their contract situation ?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Mendenhall finally benched

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

If it is about their contract situation then they're sure not helping themselves.

Wallace is what he is - a speed burner with no leaping ability, average hands, a limited route runner with no toughness. Steelers definately signed the right guy in Brown. He and Sanders are a more formidable pair. If you're going to play Wallace, make him run deep EVERY single play to draw the coverage away from Brown and Sanders. Once in FG range, replace him with Cotch or go 2 TE's.

Practice Squad

Postby SoulBro7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm

People will give Tomlin credit for making the decision to start Dwyer and bench Mendenhall, but this was a decision that should have been made last season. However and with that being noted, Mendenhall's days in the League are over. Some team might use him as a third down back, but his feature days are definitely over. He simply CANNOT produce. I would package him, Wallace and my 2nd round pick in a deal to move up fill some holes.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm

If I'm Tomlin, I have every single RB on the roster carry a football in his arms all week then instruct every member of the organization to try and punch it out any time they're in his vicinity. Even if he is taking a piss, I want the janitor to run up on him from behind and try to knock that fucker right into the urinal! :shock:

That being said, run the ball this week then run the ball some more!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Very soon will be

Mendenhall finally gone.

When I start hearing certain bullsh.t regarding the style of running I start the feeling... You know... Same things heard from the Bus and Fast Willie when they couldn't get anything going...

Then it was time for Mendenhall... Right there I already knew... Well it has been a good time ( especially for your bank account )... We will see where and if you end up in the NFL

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm

What REALLY sucks about a 1st rounder is all the extra added emphasis on that player. The media hypes the shit out of them every damn chance they get, there's huge pressure from the powers that be to effectively utilize them, and lastly they come with ego baggage that gets exponentially heavier for them (and the team) to carry the worse they do. If you bench a 1st rounder, it transforms their ego into a giant immoveable rock, which then takes the strength of the gods to get them to produce anything ever again. I'd say we've had some hard luck (or bad judgement) the last few 1st rounders. We've gotten average players, who can't fill the shoes of the great ones who've gone, or are getting ready to go.

Return to Stillers Talk