Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Backup QB Situation For Next Season And Beyond..

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Backup QB Situation For Next Season And Beyond..

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:18 pm

It's really too late to do anything about the Backup QB Situation for this season. However, it's obvious to me that both Leftwitch and Batch will be/should be gone after this season, and possibly Hoyer to follow. If so, what do you do about next year's Backup Situation and beyond?

I don't know who the vet backup QB's that will be F.A. this off-season are, but I do know that Seneca Wallace and David Garrard are available right now.(Both have had varied levels of success in The NFL.) Plus, the later rounds of the draft should provide a future alternative for the team. Not only is Ben 30 years old now, he has missed at least 1 game every season since 2005. The Backup QB Position to this team is more vital than it is to the other 31. Personally, I'd sign someone the ilk of Wallace or Garrard to backup No.7 next season, as well as draft a QB in the mid-late rounds and groom him for the backup job of the future.

But that's me. What say you on this topic?

Hall of Famer

Re: Backup QB Situation For Next Season And Beyond..

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 pm

This team is toast. A wretched abomination. Chalrie Batch collects a check he should be able to throw a football. He is NOT able to throw it. I blame MOMlin and the Steelr front O for this. There is no foresight or planning with this gang. Fat slow blubbery looking bunch of whales. they spend too much time on social websites and doing commercials instead of preparing for their primary role. I dont wanna see none of this "the gang is going hunting or going to the pool fucking bullshit either. Get rid of the whole fucking rabble

Far as this subject goes, I have been posting extensively on this all week. Check Big Bens shoulder and other folders

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BoltX » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm

PGHeaven wrote:This team is toast. A wretched abomination. Chalrie Batch collects a check he should be able to throw a football. He is NOT able to throw it. I blame MOMlin and the Steelr front O for this. There is no foresight or planning with this gang. Fat slow blubbery looking bunch of whales. they spend too much time on social websites and doing commercials instead of preparing for their primary role. I dont wanna see none of this "the gang is going hunting or going to the pool fucking bullshit either. Get rid of the whole fucking rabble

Amen!

Practice Squad

Postby PDXSTEELER » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Stating the obvious at this point but the backup QB situation was an EPIC FAIL by this entire organization this year among many other things, let me say that again: EPIC FAIL

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:01 am

The offensive line has been an epic fail too for a long time. Yeah, Ben holds the ball a long time in some instances. But there have been games where Steeler linemen have gotten picked up and thrown into Ben--how many times have you seen him get hit at the DE's full speed having been matadored or absolutely trucked the hapless Steeler O lineman? Brady or Rogers don't get hit like Ben and he can't keep taking that now over 30.

Practice Squad

Postby SuperSteeler1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:22 pm

This gloom and doom here reminds me of Rollers.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Colbert needs to take some blame for the back up QB situation.

Practice Squad

Postby SuperSteeler1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

:sudancin:

Practice Squad

Postby SuperSteeler1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:58 pm

I say try and sign Matt Cassel. He knows Haley's system.

Practice Squad

Postby alaska linus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah that Batch is really washed up.

I've never met a bunch of gloom-n-doomers quite like Stiller fans.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

alaska linus wrote:Yeah that Batch is really washed up.

And apparently the phrase "big picture" escapes you. Batch will be 38 this week. You really think he has much more outings like the one he had yesterday in Baltimore in him, and/or the team will keep him on after this season? But I'm sure if it were up to people like you, you'd sign him to a 5 year deal based on 1 game.

Oh, and way to be brave and come on here with a smartass attitude after Batch did what he did. Where were you last week when I started this thread?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Steelers76 wrote:
alaska linus wrote:Yeah that Batch is really washed up.

And apparently the phrase "big picture" escapes you. Batch will be 38 this week. You really think he has much more outings like the one he had yesterday in Baltimore in him, and/or the team will keep him on after this season? But I'm sure if it were up to people like you, you'd sign him to a 5 year deal based on 1 game.

Oh, and way to be brave and come on here with a smartass attitude after Batch did what he did. Where were you last week when I started this thread?

:suplusone: :suplusone: :suplusone:

Return to Stillers Talk