Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » BR7's shoulder

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: BR7's shoulder

Postby Pommah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am

Sherwood you are correct. Even if the doctor clears him, how will he be mentally, knowing another whack could do serious damage? Doesn't make sense until he's had a long offseason to fully recover both physically and mentally. Let him play with his kid. In the meantime we should be getting our 2nd teamers lots of playing time during this busted season.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Call me Pollyana, but I don't think this season is sunk. I certainly don't think Big Ben's mental toughness will ever be in question. If and when he is medically cleared to play, which I still hope is before the end of this season, he will be the best chance we have of winning. Period.

Practice Squad

Postby NOVASteel79 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Let's shut down our franchise QB that reportedly may now be able to return possibly in a week for the season, start playing reserves looking to next year when we are 6-4 with a very favorable December schedule coming up and call it a busted year? That's easily the dumbest goddamn post I've read all week!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm

NOVASteel79 wrote:Let's shut down our franchise QB that reportedly may now be able to return possibly in a week for the season, start playing reserves looking to next year when we are 6-4 with a very favorable December schedule coming up and call it a busted year? That's easily the dumbest goddamn post I've read all week!!!

Nova, apparently you didn't get the message about playing nice-nice on this board now. Haven't you noticed that the moniker "Fucktard" has been completely removed from Mill's vocabulary?

You do have a point in that since the Steelers make it a point to keep everyone in the dark about a player's real physical condition, maybe Ben DOESN'T have a separated rib, and those articles on his condition are just a bunch of hooey, to fake everybody out. Therefore he won't need the 2-3 months every medical website I checked says it takes to recover from one. Yup, why, for the next game against the Ravens, Ben will show up and be just fine - won't that be great to see the look on the Ratbirds' faces when Ben comes running out of the tunnel and then lights them up in the game? And we have David DeCastro back, and AB will recover completely, and Troy's just resting up for the last 5 games and the playoffs, and Plax is going to show Wally some skills, and nobody else is going to get hurt, and we're gonna win out the season and the division, then knock off the Pats in Foxboro and the Texans in Texas, then on to the SuperBowl and Lombardi #7! Woo-hoo!

Hey man, I'm kinda liking living in your world.

Practice Squad

Postby NOVASteel79 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 pm

We are 6-4 with all the injury issues you sarcastically mention, if we get a few of these guys back we absolutely still have something to play for this year. You really think we should throw the towel in when we're currently leading in the wild card race with 6 games left??? I typically always would "play nice" and never call any other opinions "dumb" but that seems insane to me.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 am

My opinion is, we can't win a super bowl without Roethlisberger. And if BR7 does in fact have a separated rib, we are crazy to play him again, even if he feels like going. It's too big a risk, perhaps the rest of his career in trade for trying to win out a season where we have a huge amount of players down. I'm not saying roll over and play dead but the season is what it is, not a championship year. It takes a top-flight QB to win the SB and I love Batch but his role is to tide the team over a few games, not win out a season.

If the separated rib story is bullshit - and everything online I read says it takes 2-3 months for the tissue to regenerate, it's cartilage and it grows slower than bone - well then I get to retract my statement. But we fukked up last year letting Ben try to play with a gimpy ankle. He was tentative and not himself and we would have done better with Charlie while Ben had a chance to fully heal up. Same thing this year, let him heal up and not rush him back in to try to salvage the season. 2-3 months to heal is after the season is over.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

And if the separated rib story is true, and he injured it on November 8th, two months (not 2-3, but 2) would be the weekend of January 5th and 6th, Wildcard Weekend. All I'm saying is that 2-3 months is an average. Take into account that you're talking about a physical specimen of extremely high athletic caliber, who is relatively young, and who has access to the best treatment, rehab, and PT that money can buy. There are ways to accelerate cartilege regeneration. (See "prolotherapy" which fixed my ankle toot sweet last year.) If all of that translates into a 2 month recovery and the Steelers can squeak in, who knows what can happen. I am not saying to rush Ben back. I was at the Monday night game against the Whiners last year and actually thought Ben was pulling a Jim Brown when he literally limped out of the tunnel. He never should have played. What I am saying is that it is not out of the realm of possibility that, even if the rib separation story is accurate, Ben could safely return for the playoffs. If AB and DeCastro (and God forbid Troy) are healthy and clicking by then, and Plax can contribute at all, anything is possible...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Reports says BR 7 can't throw deep. So they will rush him back like usual and it will end up in well probably nothing this year because at 6-6 you are a long shot for the wild card anyway...but it will risk further shortening his career.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 pm

If Batch struggles or gets hurt, how many plays will they be able to run with newly acquired Haney? I'm morbidly curious to watch him play. It will probably be a heavy dose of runs and screens.

The D will have to win this game for us and the O just needs to hold on to the damn thing. Let Flacid make his mistakes with a healthier Harrison climbing up his ass and the Steeler sack leader Worilds on the other side - that's right, he's the frickin sack leader with limited snaps! Also, will they stick with Ike on the youngster or will they put him back on Boldin. I hope they keep it the same since it was mostly effective in the first meeting.

Oh, and special teams - get your shit together! I never understood the firing of what's his name in the first place. :suahhbs: :suahhbs: :suahhbs:

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk