Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I hate to say it but...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

I hate to say it but...

Postby prowlin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

I hate to say it but right now we need Baltimore to win.
Our last hope is that 6th place spot. Therefore we need
the Chargers to lose and keep rooting against the Bungholes.
As much as I hate rooting for the Ravens it makes sense
to root for them now.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: I hate to say it but...

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:16 pm

prowlin wrote:I hate to say it but right now we need Baltimore to win.
Our last hope is that 6th place spot. Therefore we need
the Chargers to lose and keep rooting against the Bungholes.
As much as I hate rooting for the Ravens it makes sense
to root for them now.

Not me. There's no way I want to see this pitiful excuse of a team further embarrass itself with a poor playoff performance, that being besides the fact that they don't deserve to be there. Right now it appears that this organization is rotten from top to bottom. Until they show me otherwise, that's what I think.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BoltX » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

and I hope this org realizes that 33+ is not only experienced but also... slow, injury prone, slow to heal, complacent, and above all - rarely hungry! fuck this THIS this team. will not buy any of their shit until they get this team into a decent shape.

only now we see how really good ben is, when this utter garbage is matched with bad qb they can't execute anything.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Bolt X-- Yes good point. If you have an average quarterback this teams sucks major cock.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 am

Trying to work out playoff permutations is a fool's errand with this current Steelers team. Too old, too slow, too fragile.

A respected organization keeps the old-timers around out of loyalty and fan interest, but a smart organization would clean house at the first opportunity and get a jump on the rest of the league for next season by ramping up any and all activities relative to scouting. Yes, scouting is a year-round activity but there must be some room to expand it.

The NFL, and in turn its fans, is reaping what it sown with the Superhero Quarterbacks (TM) video game that the league has become. Teams are still expected to field 11 defensive players but they are all but banned from tackling and of course the quarterbacks may not be treated like anyone else wearing a jersey, helmet and pads. Wide receivers who are touched - TOUCHED - upon the approach of the football constantly moan and look for penalty flags. Unfortunately, the flags are usually thrown. Basketball allows more contact than football now despite the fact that basketball players wear next to nothing.

The great flaw in Superhero Quarterbacks (TM) is that these superheros can still be injured and when the all-too-human backup arrives (except in rare cases like SF) the entire team deflates, even the defense who must usually play a greater number of snaps due to a sputtering offense's shortened time of possession.

Thinking fans must take the long view and the long view doesn't include a postseason in 2012-13.

Practice Squad

Postby PDXSTEELER » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

This team is on a one way road to nowhere right now, they have been regressing bit by bit every year for the last 3 years, it's not happening quick but it is happening. Bad part is that I think this is what we are going to get from Tomlin and I dont see him going anywhere anytime soon, bottom line is, better learn to like it I guess or go crazy watching them. The only thing consistant about this group is inconsistancy.

Return to Stillers Talk