Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 am

Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Chefs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Pommah » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:11 am

Just when you think this team might have turned a corner, we see a shit-filled UNDISCIPLINED wretched effort like this. And next time I see people writing in about how the refs have it in for us, I will remind them of this game. NFL refs are equal opportunity when it comes to bogus game-changing calls.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BoltX » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am

It is scary how bad they looked.

It is also sad to see how a bad team can make us look bad.

It is also sad to see Ben get hurt by marginal defenders.

And yes, it is utterly wrong to assume stillers are capable of getting into a good run in playoffs. Actually - anyone thinking playoffs?

Survive next 3 weeks, and perhaps at that point see what will happen.

Now 6:3, if we are 1:1 vs Balt, I think we COULD sneak into the playoffs only to play Balt again. In Baltimore.

GIven that Ben is NOT out. If he is, pack it and play for pride - if any of it still resides in that lockerroom.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm

I knew that KC was going to come out like this was their Super Bowl, but I expected Haley to have a fairly solid game plan against a team he should know inside and out. Maybe he could never figure them out, and that's why it didn't work out for him in KC. Either way, the heavy competition was expected, but our ineptitude was surprising.....at least the refs have figured out what an incomplete pass is.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I would much rather see Batch than Leftwich in there. That was one of the worst displays by a veteran QB I have ever seen. Seems to me that Batch always seems to keep us in it. I would take Ben throwing left-handed over Leftwich.

It sucks that this win feels like a loss, but imagine how we would feel had we did lose? :x

KC is not as bad as people were claiming them to be. They are just very adept at stepping on their own dicks. I've seen a few of their games in which they move the ball and stop people, only to fuck it up with a stupid penalty or turnover. Most of us knew it wouldn't be a blowout like the Vegas line would indicate. Steelers rarely cover on big spreads vs shit teams, yet people continue to bet them.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

This game was like the one last year when the lowly Cleveland clowns came to town and in a slop fest game almost beat our ass, the same game Ben was scrambling for ten minutes then got creamed and was out of the game, basically our season was over then. What does Ben do when he plays like shit, fake injury? its always some kind of sprain. I'll shut up now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm

"Judging from the slop and ineptitude, it almost seemed like Haley wanted to avoid running up the score against his former employer."

Another close game, eh? My goodness, how many does that make so far? Betcha nobody turned their tv off, dya think?

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 am

Great win for the Steelers. Defense clutch at the end. What a pick! Here we go!

Practice Squad

Postby bigmoe_steelers » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm

jdpdts wrote:Great win for the Steelers. Defense clutch at the end. What a pick! Here we go!

Defense clutch at the end? They allowed KC to convert on 4th and 15 to set up the game tying FG. Far from clutch at the end, but a win is a win.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 am

Damn that LeBeau, allowing KC to tie the game. He's too damn old to be playing.

Practice Squad

Postby jdpdts » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 am

"Defense clutch at the end? They allowed KC to convert on 4th and 15 to set up the game tying FG. Far from clutch at the end, but a win is a win."

My bad. I was referring to the three "3 and outs" and interception to win the game at the end on 4 of their last series. And I saw that our defense had them at 4th and 15 and that "slop and slather" "cassel dong" throw that Cassel made to convert was a fluke and "far from clutch".

But I'm with you that I'm glad we won...I think. You are glad we won right?

Practice Squad

Postby bigmoe_steelers » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 am

jdpdts wrote:"Defense clutch at the end? They allowed KC to convert on 4th and 15 to set up the game tying FG. Far from clutch at the end, but a win is a win."

My bad. I was referring to the three "3 and outs" and interception to win the game at the end on 4 of their last series. And I saw that our defense had them at 4th and 15 and that "slop and slather" "cassel dong" throw that Cassel made to convert was a fluke and "far from clutch".

But I'm with you that I'm glad we won...I think. You are glad we won right?

I am most certainly glad we won. It would be great to get a win Sunday night against the Ratbirds. The D is going to have a great game.

Return to Stillers Talk