Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers cut 4th round pick

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Steelers cut 4th round pick

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Today the Steelers released rookie defensive lineman Alameda Ta’amu, who was the team’s fourth-round pick in this year’s Draft.
Wide receiver David Gilreath was moved up to the active roster to fill the spot.

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers cut 4th round pick

Postby isfry » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:00 am

Gilraeth scares the hell outta me. Hang on to the ball, man.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am

isfry wrote:Gilraeth scares the hell outta me. Hang on to the ball, man.

Yeah...it didn't look good and invoked "please, please, please don't drop the ball" thoughts as the ball was in the air. Zero confidence there. On the other hand, Rainey needs to do the same -- if he could hold onto the ball he should be a PR thread but c'mon man!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 am

thesteelhammer wrote:Today the Steelers released rookie defensive lineman Alameda Ta’amu, who was the team’s fourth-round pick in this year’s Draft.
Wide receiver David Gilreath was moved up to the active roster to fill the spot.

Considering what he was arrested for and the fact that he could end up going to jail for awhile, this should come as no surprise.

Re: Gilreath; I was impressed with him as a WR during Training Camp, but as some posters have already said, he scares the hell out of me on punt returns. Get well soon, Antonio!

Return to Stillers Talk