Quality Win

Postby Pommah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Super Bowl defending champs in their house on an emotional weekend
Overcame bad calls
Overcame loss of key player to injury during the game
Overcame turnovers
Overcame emotional letdown of busted trick play for TD after long kick return
Overcame tendency to choke in 4Q

I'm not saying it was perfect, but this was a quality win, the kind that can be the hallmark of a turning point in a season.

Hey guess what guys no Dwyer but Redman runs for 150. I said it last week but something is going on with our run game. All of a sudden our inept O-line is opening up holes that are springing our RB's past LOS rather nicely. I am not sure what it is, but I really think there is something going on that Haley (my guess, only thing that's different from last year) is trying and it's working.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Quality Win

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Couldn't agree more. Best win since they beat Brady and The Pats last season, if not longer. If I had to complain about 1 thing, it was that fake FG try from so far in when The Giants were hanging back and weren't rushing anybody. Other than that, all 3 phases of the team should be proud of themselves. A job well done. :surockin:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 pm

So, just remember people......from this point out, whenever a QB's arm is touched by a defensive player while in a throwing motion, and the ball is released, then that's a fumble. You all got got that? Even if the ball goes forwards out of the QB's hand, it's a fumble if his arm gets jostled.

This goes down as one of the worst referee calls I have ever witnessed, and for a turn over and a TD, no less.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 am

Still Peon wrote:So, just remember people......from this point out, whenever a QB's arm is touched by a defensive player while in a throwing motion, and the ball is released, then that's a fumble. You all got got that? Even if the ball goes forwards out of the QB's hand, it's a fumble if his arm gets jostled.

This goes down as one of the worst referee calls I have ever witnessed, and for a turn over and a TD, no less.

And the fact that this was reviewed and upheld was even worse.

Maybe these inept shitheads should go on strike again so they can get even more money for fucking games up. :sufu:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 am

There were so many blatantly anti steeler calls made by the refs in that game that any reasonable, rational, semi intelligent human being would have to conclude that the fix was in. Simms is typically an anti steeler biased announcer, especially being an ex giant, but even he was dazzled by the officials shenanigans in that game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am

I'm 180 degrees removed from conspiracy theories but there can be no doubt that the NFL - including the referees - were hoping for some mawkish 'NY/NJ bounces back with a Giants win' post-hurricane narrative. Disney would be ashamed to peddle this kind of schmaltz but the NFL loves it - that's why Breast Cancer Awareness now occupies an entire month. They don't realize it dilutes the message rather than enhance it but SOP for the NFL and the NY-centric media is to beat the audience over the head with 'messages.'

The New Orleans/Katrina/Saints story was low-hanging 'redemption' fruit for our lazy friends in the press and they would love to copy-n-paste with a NJ/Sandy/Giants theme.

Speaking of NJ, isn't it interesting that the New York media (and the national media, but that's redundant) covering New York teams are now openly referring to the Giants and Jets as New Jersey teams. They've been so for decades, of course but the convenient acknowledgement of the geographic base of these so-called NY teams is amusing.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 pm

It's 2 days after the fact, and I'm still really fucking pissed off about that fumble call. More than anything it's about how much of a no-friggin-brainer of a call it should have damn well been. It's now a lot harder for me to accept a sports league that's even capable of so horribly mis-interpreting the CLEARASFARKINGDAY rule about what constitutes a forward friggin pass. Sure, the other bad calls were pretty crappy, but AT LEAST they're open for a judgement call, and are not reviewable. This play was gone over with a fine tooth dildo, and they still humped the shit out of the dog.......NFL refs are now OFFICIALLY a travesty in my mind.

Return to Stillers Talk