Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-ForeSkins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-ForeSkins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 am

Stillers-ForeSkins Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-ForeSkins Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby Pommah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 am

Could not agree with you more on calling out the showboating players. Making me sick to my stomach watching it. Maybe if you were 7-0, but a 4-3 team? Showboating only to give up a TD on the very next play? Heads not in the game. Time for some discipline from the HC.

Giants aren't going to drop 12 passes next week. They are a beatable team but it will require a better effort than anything we have put up so far this season. Back to .500 and mediocrity is the likely outcome (head talking, not heart).

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:22 pm

That showboating was completely assoholic. What often happens when you run backwards on a wet field? Would that be falling on your ass? Plus maybe motivating a team that wants to lose anyway?

You do have to love Dwyer though--has size, quickness, does that nice little shifty move in front of a tackler like Bettis used to do. AND get this-- he runs over tacklers downhill and gets yardage you dont' expect. I guess you have to activate Mendenhall now because I doubt Redman is ready to come back and Dwyer probably need a week off with the quad pull. But I never could stand Mendenhall going backward when hit. The dude has zero power.

No way but to agree that the defense's numbers were padded by Skins 12 drops. Different game if they hung on.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Sherwood gotta agree with you about Dwyer. I thought he went down too easy last week but this week he punched his weight. I think against the Bungles he was concentrating on not fumbling instead dragging tacklers who are nowadays always going for the strip (to the detriment of the game, I might add).

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm

No discipline seems to be a Tomlin speciality! This team gave a nice effort on offense for a change. Defense got bailed out because the Skins beat themselves. NYG will be loaded to bear and this will give us a true test. I will take the win!
Adams does seem to be improving weekly. Wish we would play some of the youth on D. Seems like they sit so long they forget how to play. I am not buying this BS about it being too complicated. Give them a role and let them grow if they do well.

Practice Squad

Postby ddemao » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Dear Steelers,

We were happy to help through your uniform crisis. Please let us know whenever we might be able to help you again in the future. After laundering, please return the uniforms promptly.

Sincerely,
Allegheny County Jail

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I was watching Woodley every snap when the defense was in and couldn't believe what a pus sy this guy has become.
Don't he watch film of himself? What an embarrassment.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 pm

ddemao wrote:Dear Steelers,

We were happy to help through your uniform crisis. Please let us know whenever we might be able to help you again in the future. After laundering, please return the uniforms promptly.

Sincerely,
Allegheny County Jail

LMAO... the black-n-white shots they showed did look jail-style. I didn't think of that until you pointed it out. :D

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm

ballhair wrote:I was watching Woodley every snap when the defense was in and couldn't believe what a pus sy this guy has become.
Don't he watch film of himself? What an embarrassment.

Woodley is from Michigan does anything else need to be said?

8-)

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Great breakdown, Mill. I agree with alot of what's been said, too. First of all, I absolutely cringed when I saw Dwyer hopping off the field in junk time tapping his thigh. All I could think was, Jesus, we get a solid running performance two weeks in a row for the first time in half a decade and the guy goes down. Hope he gets better and QUICK. Is it too soon to give him a nickname? I was thinking of "Short Bus"...
Also, I could be wrong, but on that Paulsen play where the overthrow was the only reason WAS didn't get a huge gain, it looked to me like it was an absolutely blown coverage, that it wasn't even Harrison's assignment. It was like whoever was supposed to cover him was asleep at the switch and Harrison just saw a guy running free and said, "Shit. Better get after him." Could be wrong, that's just how it looked to me.
Overall pleasing to watch. Ben looked solid, O-Line played well, Wally actually looked like he gave a shit. Absolutely need to impose some discipline on hotdoggers and special teams gaffes. Eli and the boys will gash us next week if we play that half-assed.
The Hard Hat this week should go to the Was "receiving" corps. Thanks for the help, fellas.

Practice Squad

Postby bigmoe_steelers » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm

I like some of the quick passes by Ben and they finally faked that WR screen and threw downfield to Heath. I hope they use that play more in the future. Is it me or have the number of attempts deep downfield all but disappeared? I know we had a one long pass to Wallace this year, but I don't recall many attempts deep. If we can keep the running game going maybe those opportunities deep will come back.
Last edited by bigmoe_steelers on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby bigmoe_steelers » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:36 pm

:sufootballhelmet: GO STEELERS!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm

bigmoe, Wally has not developed a down-out (or in)-down move that makes DB's bite on the fake, giving him a step on them when he cuts back downfield for the deep route. Most DB's play him well back cutting off the potential for deep throws. He doesn't like to get hit either so a DB can give him that slop and not worry too much about the shorter patterns and the RAC. He was the most targeted receiver against the Foreskins without a lot to show for it. He should be dropped to 3rd on the depth chart, maybe 4th to see if Cotch can do something with more playing time. Wallace is turning out to be like a QB who has initial success and then falters when people learn his tendencies (See Cassel, Matt).

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm

bigmoe_steelers wrote:I like some of the quick passes by Ben and they finally faked that WR screen and threw downfield to Heath. I hope they use that play more in the future. Is it me or have the number of attempts deep downfield all but disappeared? I know we had a one long pass to Wallace this year, but I don't recall many attempts deep. If we can keep the running game going maybe those opportunities deep will come back.

BigMoe, I think it certainly feels like downfield attempts have disappeared. But, it's more of a league-wide than just Steelers focused issue. I just posted an article pointing out a few facts:
The myth about the Todd Haley dink and dunk.

I'd still like to see more attempts to open up deep lanes though. There does seem to be room for them yet they aren't taken.

Return to Stillers Talk