Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby StillMill » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...! has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:44 pm

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby isfry » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 am

Wow. Those stats are scary. I knew we have blown alot of 4th quarter leads in the past few years, but I didn't quite realize the magnitude of our defenseive choke. I hope there's enough money left in the coffers after Wallace's $500 million dollar signing next year to re-up LeBeau for an insane amount of cash...

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...Koscar wrote that coldfootballfacts article too. So Dick hasn't been exposed twice in the national media. It's just Koscar rewriting the same article. Let's not get too excited.

Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby Ohio » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 pm

As a steelers fan I DON'T CARE IF HE IS EXPOSED.

He should be gone.

The rest doesn't matter.

One of the causes can also be his use of " expert" players. In a game of contact, where energy and youth command the league, he benches players for 2+ yrs. This cannot be done anymore.

Let's hope next year we can start brand new with some young players and coaches

Stillers.com Team
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby StillMill » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmm...Koscar wrote that coldfootballfacts article too. So Dick hasn't been exposed twice in the national media. It's just Koscar rewriting the same article. Let's not get too excited.


2 completely separate media outlets -- CHF and NBC sports -- pub'd 2 completely separate articles exposing Dick as the dullard that he truly is.

That's 2 exposures, period. Plain and simple. :o

Next ?

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Any article that is titled: "Dick Exposed, Once Again by National Media..." is not one that I would like to have attached to our squad as opposed to some porn flick...... L.O.L. :)

So the question begs to be asked, if The Dick were to be shown stage exit left, who would we get in there to replace him?

While it is true much of the young drafted talent is left to rot on the bench, we don't rotate those guys in and out of there enough to keep them fresh and injury free.

So who do we nominate to replace The Dick that will restore respectability to our D?

Stillers.com Team
User avatar
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby trenches » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:Any article that is titled: "Dick Exposed, Once Again by National Media..." is not one that I would like to have attached to our squad as opposed to some porn flick...... L.O.L. :)

So the question begs to be asked, if The Dick were to be shown stage exit left, who would we get in there to replace him?

While it is true much of the young drafted talent is left to rot on the bench, we don't rotate those guys in and out of there enough to keep them fresh and injury free.

So who do we nominate to replace The Dick that will restore respectability to our D?


lol... Great question! There would be a gaping hole left by the departed Dick that would have to be filled. Who would be up to fill that hole?

Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby Ohio » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

trenches wrote:
lol... Great question! There would be a gaping hole left by the departed Dick that would have to be filled. Who would be up to fill that hole?


I wish it could be Wade Phillips.

But the name is not important. He has to make us play. The rest doesn't matter. There are a lot of capable people out there

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm

StillMill wrote:
SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmm...Koscar wrote that coldfootballfacts article too. So Dick hasn't been exposed twice in the national media. It's just Koscar rewriting the same article. Let's not get too excited.


2 completely separate media outlets -- CHF and NBC sports -- pub'd 2 completely separate articles exposing Dick as the dullard that he truly is.

That's 2 exposures, period. Plain and simple. :o

Next ?


Now Mill, I'm not criticizing you. I'm merely pointing out that the SAME author, NOT a DIFFERENT sports writer has essentially had the SAME article published in two different online venues. Obviously you're correct that Dick has been exposed TWICE by the SAME author publishing the SAME article. We agree completely. :D

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Ohio wrote:
trenches wrote:
lol... Great question! There would be a gaping hole left by the departed Dick that would have to be filled. Who would be up to fill that hole?


I wish it could be Wade Phillips.

But the name is not important. He has to make us play. The rest doesn't matter. There are a lot of capable people out there


Butler will be the man.

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:01 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm

"Whereas LeBeau’s defense made Aaron Rodgers look unstoppable in Super Bowl XLV, the Giants went into Lambeau last year and dominated the Green Bay offense. Do not even get me started on how much more success the Giants have had against Tom Brady."

Nuff Said!!! Paper Stats don't mean a thing if you can't get the job done in crunch time. For years, we have not been able to consistently get off the field on 3rd (or even 4th) down.

"a quarterback can easily get into a rhythm and pick this defense apart as long as the protection is picking up the blitzes, which are no longer very innovative in 2012"

AKA... the Velcro Blitz. *Shakes Head*

Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Dick Exposed, Once Again, by National Media...!

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I always thought the most obvious indication of problems with the Steeler defense over the last decade was its lack of success against top tier qbs. Yes you can pile up stats against rookies--hello RG3 yesterday or bottom feeder qbs, but how many people here don't cringe when they are playing a good qb? It also points out the importance of BR7. I hate to think of the record had they not drafted him. Also I don't know if the Steeler defensive drafts have been that great recently-- Hood seems to get his ass blown of the line against a decent tackle, who know about Heywood? Defensive backs don't have man coverage capability. LeBeau does get bailed out by talent, but I think those days are numbered.

Return to Stillers Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests

Don't be stingy, share: