Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am

Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby DirtDawson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:20 pm

This was a big win, crucial not to drop to 1-3.

Back to .500. Looking forward to Thursday night. It's nice having your team play a game on Thursday, it's like opening up a gift early before Christmas :).

I also, would like to see Timmons continue to play like this...the Polamalu injury is gravely concerning.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm

-Much to my dismay, Mendy appears full recovered. Hope he keeps running with a chip on his shoulder. Although, that may be a FA chip.
-Assessment of Keenan Lewis on the 4th down play was spot on. Tomlin should have yanked his ass for that panty-waste effort. Absolutely unforgiveable tackling technique at this level of play.
-Woodley seems to be addition by subtraction. Worilds looked like he wanted that starting job.
-Someone on the boards said it best... Willie Rectum! Damn near killed 'em.
-Did anyone else notice on Mendy's TD, Gilbert was in the process of getting owned by the DE. But Mendy gave him a little chip before getting into his pattern, which he took to the house. Not sure if it was designed or not, but without that nudge, I think that pass gets batted down or INT'd.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm happy we got the win, but obviously some changes need to be made. From what I have seen, Mclendon needs to take over the majority of the snaps at NT while continuing to rotate DE's. No one really stands out on DL so why not rotate the parts in order to maximize the value they do have? Besides, it's only human nature to work harder the less snaps you get.

I think Ben is playing some of the best football I have ever seen him play. Too bad his WR's aren't helping him out very much or he would be leading the league in passing. My neighbors probably think my dog's name is Wallace because I came unglued when he stood flat-footed while 2 defenders went up for that ball. Ben has been looking MW's way less and less with each game. This guy's value is dropping fast and I don't see how you can pay him big money. I already like Haley 10 times better than Arians.

Lebeau needs to keep freeing up Timmons to make plays since he is now your most athletic defender. The Stillers should just assume that Troy is never going to play again and adjust the defense accordingly. Drafting a safety will need to be a priority this year or next.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Sun and Steel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 pm

I've been waiting for the real Lawrence Timmons to please stand up. Please remain standing. The defense is still in need of an identity, this team will only go as far as BR7 and the wideouts can carry us otherwise. Were those signs of life registered by the running game though? The defense otherwise has no excuse for their inability to get stops in crunch time or any other time for that matter, time of possession has been tilted pretty heavily in our favor in every game so they can't say they are tired.

Time Warner finally got NFLN two weeks ago so we can finally watch a Thurs night game in upstate NY. Can ah get an AMEN! Now if we can only get them to stop blacking out the CBS Stiller games on the Scranton translator when the Jets or Bills are on the Binghamton one....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby PSUPERCY » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

I will say it again. Rainey does not belong in an NFL backfield. Maybe convert him to receiver. And Mendy runs with the ball on a tray like the Shoney's BigBoy

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm

PSUPERCY wrote:And Mendy runs with the ball on a tray like the Shoney's BigBoy

And....?

827 touches... 7 lost fumbles.

It doesn't get much better than that with NFL RB's.

He also has a tendency to leave the ball in his right hand when running down the left side of the field. Yet... that hasn't impacted his fumble totals either so I'm really not going to dwell on it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm

The grades once again overrate the secondary........ Ike is IMO the worst starting corner in the league. I watch other games, and realize how awful our secondary really is........

I saw several plays, for example, both the Jets and Texans had plays where the QB threw the ball away because nobody was open...... I don't remember the last time the Stillers' secondary forced a throwaway.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Watching the Jets-Texans game....... And my only thought- "BOY OUR SECONDARY SUCKS!!!!"

If we had the Jets' or Texans' secondary, we don't lose that game in Oakland........ And I'm sure Peyton would have had a much harder time as well.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:I'm happy we got the win, but obviously some changes need to be made. From what I have seen, Mclendon needs to take over the majority of the snaps at NT while continuing to rotate DE's. No one really stands out on DL so why not rotate the parts in order to maximize the value they do have? Besides, it's only human nature to work harder the less snaps you get.

I think Ben is playing some of the best football I have ever seen him play. Too bad his WR's aren't helping him out very much or he would be leading the league in passing. My neighbors probably think my dog's name is Wallace because I came unglued when he stood flat-footed while 2 defenders went up for that ball. Ben has been looking MW's way less and less with each game. This guy's value is dropping fast and I don't see how you can pay him big money. I already like Haley 10 times better than Arians.

Lebeau needs to keep freeing up Timmons to make plays since he is now your most athletic defender. The Stillers should just assume that Troy is never going to play again and adjust the defense accordingly. Drafting a safety will need to be a priority this year or next.

That is right on SoCal i.e. drafteing a safety first round. I would go as far as to say trade the hell up to get one. This is embittering because I truly love our one of a kind Troy Pola. He is our poet philospher monster superhuman safety. There will never be anyone like Troy. I pray he will actually recover and be able to play several more years.

Good analysis as usual Still Mill. I also agree about McClendon. Timmons was a man possessed. But I completely disagree about Ben. He threw a lot of quails man. I think the running game saved our bacon. And that is sweet to relish

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Pissing away a 4th qtr lead is happening every game. We were fortunate that we used up all the clock. If the Eagles were smart they would have let us score so they could have the ball. Everyone knows we give it up very easily nowdays.
Butler has been a huge upgrade over the guys we had last year. We are not seeing the mandatory pooch punt into the EZ every game.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

This group is as undisciplined as a bunch of jr. high boys in a strip club and the blame falls on the shoulders of none other than Mike Tomlin!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 am

Four games in and Wally is not performing like a big-buck receiver. Does not do all the things that made a Hines Ward who he was. Maybe we should bring back Limas Sweed to light a fire under him.

Our defensive subs do not get enough playing time especially when young. They sit on the bench, their skills atrophy, and they get used to collecting a paycheck for doing nothing and lose the fire in their belly.

Return to Stillers Talk