Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » ARIANS

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

ARIANS

Postby steelwest » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Very sorry to hear about Chuck Pagano, but can you believe that Arians -- you know the guy who supposedly "retired" from the Steelers in the off-season (only he was unaware of it at the time) -- is now the head coach for the Colts. What would the posts be here if this was the Steelers and Arians was going to be manning the helm for six weeks or more?

On a related note, it is somewhat odd that Arians was brought in by Pagano given that Pagano was with the Ravens and was dealing with Arians' offensive schemes. He must have had respect for Arians during the Steeler-Raven wars. At least someone believes Bruce knew what he was doing.

The above being said I can only believe the Colts will struggle while Pagano is gone. It is very hard to lose a head coach during the season (see Saints, New Orleans) and no matter what you may think of Arians as a coordinator, he does not remind me of a head coach. Tough situation.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: ARIANS

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm

He's in a win-win situation since they're not expected to do well this season. If they lose; well, it was expected. But if they exceed expectations then he comes out looking like a genius. :suahhbs: :suahhbs:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm

steelwest wrote:he (Arians) does not remind me of a head coach.

Well......he does have the Tony Dungy "nice guy" attitude thing going for him, but so did Rex Ryan at his onset as an HC. I could see an Arians/Ryan hybrid evolving this season in Indy.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Best wishes to Pagano. It's a tough battle he faces.

As for Arians, he wasn't my favorite coordinator...no doubt... but he was far from the worst. I won't be sending him flowers but I also wouldn't relish in him and the Colts struggling.

Again, though, my thoughts go out to Pagano and his family...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Your prayers might help, but what good are your fuckin thoughts?

Return to Stillers Talk