Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Please! Let's move Colon to guard.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Please! Let's move Colon to guard.

Postby Zorro » Tue May 27, 2008 4:05 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html

When asked during my playing days if I could add anything to my physical repertoire, what would it be, I always answered longer arms. Though I also would have loved to have been bigger, faster and stronger, increased arm length would have been first on my wish list.

Much like a boxer who has a reach advantage, offensive linemen with long arms can affect their opponents before they are affected themselves. I can't tell you how many times during my career that I found myself with a defender's hand in my chest or on my shoulder due to his advantage in arm length. And though there are techniques that can help combat this disadvantage, long-armed players never really have to worry about learning them.

I've been making a case for a while to have Colon moved to guard. I feel this article is just more fuel for my fire.

Practice Squad

Re: Please! Let's move Colon to guard.

Postby 955875 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 pm

Unfortunately, Simmons contract dictates he plays. I realize Tomlin said all positions are "open" to competition. However, when it is close as in the case with Simmons/Kemo last season the incumbant with the high $$$ contract gets the nod.

Best thing could be for Simmons to get slilghtly injured in camp. Not a season ender, just enough to prevent him from playing till after the season starts.

Colon gets moved inside, Starks takes over at RT and we are set for now. Only problem with this scenario is the coaching staff doing the unthinkable which would be to put Mahan at RG.

Practice Squad

Re: Please! Let's move Colon to guard.

Postby Zorro » Tue May 27, 2008 7:34 pm

955875 wrote:Colon gets moved inside, Starks takes over at RT and we are set for now. Only problem with this scenario is the coaching staff doing the unthinkable which would be to put Mahan at RG.

I think Mahan is destined to ride pine unless there are multiple injuries.

Return to Stillers Talk