Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » 12-8-11 GAME THREAD -Steelers vs Browns

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 12-8-11 GAME THREAD -Steelers vs Browns

Postby Coke Oven » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 am

"I don't hate Ben, I just don't think he is a elite QB because he is to inconsistent."

Unlike yourself he knows the difference between to, too, and two. What language are you trying to speak you mental fucking pygmy?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 am

My biggest problem with Mendenhall is he never tries to dive over the top on goal line plays.......... The Clowns gave him that option, but he never took it.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:45 am

StillDodger wrote:My biggest problem with Mendenhall is he never tries to dive over the top on goal line plays.......... The Clowns gave him that option, but he never took it.

He jukes, jives, and tries his "Dancing With The Stars" bullshit. Someone needs to tell him he's not Barry Sanders. Also, someone needs to tell him to stop holding the football like a fucking loaf of bread....

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Steelers76 wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:All the callers on Cooler Talk tonight are politely saying what the fuck was Tomlin thinking not running Redman at the Goaline stand. LOL!!

The hosts keep saying well Mendenhall did run for 2 TDs last week. Fn tools

It wasn't even really who should have gotten the ball in that situation,(although I agree it should've been Redman if anybody), but the utter lack of creativity for the 4 straight dive plays. With Ben hobbled, I think a naked bootleg, with the right side overloaded, would've probably worked out. And I don't want to hear about how Ben shouldn't be running in that situation to futher risk injury, as 1.) It's only asking him to run a maximum of 3 yards, which, if it worked out the way I think it would've, NOBODY would've been near him to make a play, and 2.) He's already out there, which means he could aggravate his injury futher anyways. If Cleveland would've somehow sniffed it out,(which I seriously doubt, as their D was firing into the line), Ben would've been outside the pocket, and could've just thrown it away for an Inc. Either that, or how about a bootleg/tackle eligible? Anything would've been better than what dumb as fuck Arians dialed up....

Ummm, no, cant agree on the bootleg. I see the logic, but not the wisdom. Besides, Redman would've plowed it in there first attempt. lol

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 am

My naked bootleg idea would've been the last option on 3rd down. I would've went with Redman on 1st down, and then if he didn't get in, I'd either go to him again, or my OT Eligible/TE bootleg pass option on 2nd down. They score a TD there, the game is basically over, and I bring Batch in to finish out the game and get some work.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Steelers76 wrote:My naked bootleg idea would've been the last option on 3rd down. I would've went with Redman on 1st down, and then if he didn't get in, I'd either go to him again, or my OT Eligible/TE bootleg pass option on 2nd down. They score a TD there, the game is basically over, and I bring Batch in to finish out the game and get some work.

Yea, would've been nice, but if Ben himself decided against it, then the concept is out the window. This indeed was the case

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11344/1195955-66.stm

But just imagine the stir it would've created. They would still be showing video of Ben limping around end scoring on one leg.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum