Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » 11-27-11 GAME THREAD --Steelers vs Chiefs

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Stillers.com Team

Re: 11-27-11 GAME THREAD --Steelers vs Chiefs

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 pm

PGHeaven wrote:Wow. This is like the Keystone Cops on both sides. Talk about a shitty game

I've seen junior high teams execute better.

Ben is saving this team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Why is Mendenhall on the bench?????

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Dont feel bad Palko. Ben just out shittied you. Every game Ben throws a bone headed horrible fucking INT it seems. This is why it so hard to call Ben one of the great QBs

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Big Ben = same old shit. Big lump of shit.
The Steelers will only be as successful as Big Ben is!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:31 pm

What an absolute waste of a time out, does that ever work?

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:56 pm

We are the worst 7-3 team in the league. How in fuck did the Steelers get 7 wins anyways?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 am

Stillerman wrote:What an absolute waste of a time out, does that ever work?

No, plus why use a T.O. anyway? Take the delay of game penalty & punt from the 49 instead of the 44.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 am

We played down to the opposition..........

When Ben threw that pick, it seems like either he or BA was afraid to throw the ball afterwards.............. It appeared as if the KC safety wasn't fooled by the look-off, and that got into Ben's head. (Ben is at his worst in timing patterns without pressure. He actually plays a lot better when the play has broken down.)

And I thought, if Joe Flacco can burn the Steelers with a game winning drive, anybody can...... The Stillers were fortunate that Palko and his receivers were not on the same page. Difference of the game. The Chiefs might have the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Aside from maybe the Clowns.

And speaking of non-performing receivers, what has happened to Mike Wallace?

But mostly, I was annoyed by us calling the same plays over and over again. I predict before season's end, a defender is going to pick six one of those quick passes to the sideline.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:44 am

Played down to the level of competition, indeed. When a no talent hack like Palko, who was on the practice squad of a CFL Team just 2 years ago, looked to be leading his team to a game winning TD Drive, I asked myself if it was really happening....again. But I put The Lions Share of the blame on The O. No fucking reason to only score 13 points against a team whose D is like 25th in The NFL. I shudder to think what the outcome would've been if KC didn't turn the ball over 3 times in their own territory, seeting up The O. Obviously, they need to be better than this next week....MUCH better.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 am

StillDodger wrote:We played down to the opposition..........

When Ben threw that pick, it seems like either he or BA was afraid to throw the ball afterwards.............. It appeared as if the KC safety wasn't fooled by the look-off, and that got into Ben's head. (Ben is at his worst in timing patterns without pressure. He actually plays a lot better when the play has broken down.)

And I thought, if Joe Flacco can burn the Steelers with a game winning drive, anybody can...... The Stillers were fortunate that Palko and his receivers were not on the same page. Difference of the game. The Chiefs might have the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Aside from maybe the Clowns.

But mostly, I was annoyed by us calling the same plays over and over again. I predict before season's end, a defender is going to pick six one of those quick passes to the sideline.

You mean that bubble screen they run five times a game and get two yards out of?
The Steelers will only be as successful as Big Ben is!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:56 am

All those thoughts occured to me as well, plus JMpghs shock at the TO. Played down is right. Almost played below. Ane is Mike Wallace pouting now that A Brown is tghe man? Heath is getting one key penalty per game and dropping one key pass. And Yes, Ben is best during chaos, which leads me to believe that he is not close to being an elite QB, and worse, that he is going to get injured badly

Seasoned Veteran

Postby SteelPower » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:56 pm

I think Mike Wallace has been reading the pressing clippings and his head swelled. What a total lack of concentration and just poor shity play that has developed over the last few games. He's not alone with Heath pulling a few boners a game, Mendy who takes every third play off with a half hearted effort and then there is the defense that has not played a decent game since the beat down of the Pats. Bottom line this is a head coaching problem. Tomlin does not have his players ready to play, has poor game plan on both sides of the ball from his coaching staff and his own poor game clock managment only adds to a nail biter every game. In any other town he would be roasted for the kind of effort we see must weeks. Tomlin is the blame for BA's grap bag game plan and Dick's hope we can stop them for a field goal on every drive defensive scheme. :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:16 am

ballhair wrote:

You mean that bubble screen they run five times a game and get two yards out of?
Exactly. Terrell Suggs already picked off one of those passes (fortunate that wasn't a pick six), and the defenses have been prepared for it.

http://sportshl.com/football/Suggs_deni ... en/1112804

I mean, that look off pick....... The safety has seen the play enough times....... (This might work all game against the Bengals "D", but not a better "D". It in essence took away the medium-to-long passing game for the remainder of the game.) Just like the fake pass run play, run a bunch of times as well. The offensive tendencies are too predictable....... I don't care how much Ben likes the guy, Bruce Arians has been a disgrace.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 am

I just heard on the radio, some Steeler fan called up a talk show stating that Wallace might have "Chad Ochocinco Disease"................

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum