Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » 10-23-11 GAME THREAD --Steelers vs. Arizona

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 10-23-11 GAME THREAD --Steelers vs. Arizona

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Really good game from top to bottom. The only problem I really had was The D going into prevent mode with 6-7 minutes left, even with a 3 possession lead. That would've been ok with a minute or less left, but not several, especially with The Cards having all 3 T.O.'s left plus the 2 minute warning. Loved how The O finished off the game by getting 2-3 first downs, and not giving The Cards the ball again. That's playing to win, not playing not to lose....

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 pm

StillDodger wrote:Just got home from the game.......... :celebrate:

I'd say in the upper level, 75 percent of the fans were Stiller fans........ The lower level was more even, Stillers and Cards..........

I was kind of shocked Ariz. didn't try the onside kick when they scored w/ 4 min to go........ I was also surprised we did NOT go into Turtle Mode, and finished off the game without the Cards getting possession again.

Aside from the one big play against the D, it was maybe our best game. It was definitely Ben's best game. He wasn't half asleep like he was in several earlier games.

Great game. Great fans.

Glad you got to see a good game. Nice stadium out there in the desert?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:24 am

PGHeaven wrote:Glad you got to see a good game. Nice stadium out there in the desert?
It's a nice stadium, but but it's otherwise nothing special........ It's indoors, albeit real grass........ Based on pictures, in spite of a comprable capacity, I think Heinz is a lot more intimate. (I've never been to Heinz.) I think the sound system is kind of annoying........ The scoreboards were a little on the small side. There is no continuous out-of-town scores, they flash periodically. The food served at the concession stands is not exactly the greatest either.

The stadium is loud, but most of the noise seems confined to the lower level.

I haven't been to enough stadiums to say whether Univ. of Phx. Stadium is a top NFL stadium or a mall stadium devoid of character.

Had the weather been cooler outside, I think they might have opened the roof. Although the opening is too small to make it feel like a true outdoor stadium.

I've been to Chase Field........ A similar character-less stadium. I think Univ. of Phx. Stadium is a lot louder.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:11 am

Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum