In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 10-2-11 GAME THREAD- STEELERS vs. TEXANS

Postby relictele » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Call them the Steel Kleenex defense

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Pump-N-Iron wrote:Woodley looked like he was jogging towards the locker room... Where the sam hell was he going on that play???

I know ragging on Woodley every play is the trending thing this year, and that is cute and all, but that was all on 43. He had the angle. Foster was already past Woodley. Can't expect a 280 pound guy to keep up with him there.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Hines looks like he has retired allready. makes me angry that he dances and drinks and then drops balls and mopes

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:27 pm

We got a whole bunch of old tired out of shape fat in the middle soft in the head dudes trotting around with Steelers uniforms on

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:27 pm

TROY!~!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

You know... Bootlegs, waggles, roll outs... move the effen pocket. Why make it easy for the defense to ALWAYS blitz to the same spot.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Sepulveda for Hard Hat!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Way to go offense. Way to go. :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Uhh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:49 pm

It is what it is. They are what they are.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Uhh wrote:It is what it is. They are what they are.

Thanks Mike Tomlin.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I can't even watch these games anymore. I can't remember ever getting this mad watching football. I don't think anyone out there knows what they are doing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Defense gave us a chance, but the o-line was just too bad. That and Mendy is SUCK ASS this year. I got excited because I thought he'd been benched, but apparently he sat due to injury. Let the Redman era begin. :supissed:
You asked with your eyes Trent, you asked with your eyes.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:33 pm

The lack of a consistent running game has always bugged me since Cowher left. I know they went to one and won Super Bowl, but the pass on three downs offense is just not consistent and Benji isn't consistent enough to run that. He is a playmaker, not a robot like pocket passer like Brady. He needs a running game so he doesn't have to win the game. OK maybe they get a fullback and line up in the I again for a change. They sure as fuck aren't lighting it up with their new so called explosive offense. Well...yes they need a better line if they are going to do shit either running or passing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Did we win? Did we win? Just kidding. The score was closer than I thought it would be but the texans just ran for alot of yards. Defense sucks donkey dick.
Woodley is worthless as tits on a bull. Offensive line is a bunch of Queif's. At least Ben is still in the running for rookie of the year.
The Steelers will only be as successful as Big Ben is!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm

The neglect of the OL is going to shorten Ben's career......... And if Ben were to go down, we'd be even worse than the Colts without Peyton.

And the GM is resting on the laurels of great D's of the past few seasons....... The deadwood is now showing up in the form of loss of team speed and stoutness at the line. It's been a long time since I've seen opposing OLs blow the Steeler DL off the LOS.

This game should have been a blowout........ Only stupid mistakes on the Texuns' part kept us in the game.

And by the way, I thought the most-disappointing play of the game was when Antonio Brown gave up on that final Ben pick. (I think it was Brown, it might have been a different receiver.) That was a catchable ball, and Brown just dogged it. As if he knew the clock would run out before snapping another play.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:08 pm

StillDodger wrote:The neglect of the OL is going to shorten Ben's career......... And if Ben were to go down, we'd be even worse than the Colts without Peyton.

And the GM is resting on the laurels of great D's of the past few seasons....... The deadwood is now showing up in the form of loss of team speed and stoutness at the line. It's been a long time since I've seen opposing OLs blow the Steeler DL off the LOS.

This game should have been a blowout........ Only stupid mistakes on the Texuns' part kept us in the game.

And by the way, I thought the most-disappointing play of the game was when Antonio Brown gave up on that final Ben pick. (I think it was Brown, it might have been a different receiver.) That was a catchable ball, and Brown just dogged it. As if he knew the clock would run out before snapping another play.

LOL. My Dad lives in Houston and we skyped while the game was on. I kept telling him to watch how badly the Texans D-line was blowing our O line out of position. He kept telling me the Texans would find a way to lose, and I kept telling him they would find a way to sack our QB. Was it 5 or 6 sacks this game? And another hit at the knees on the final drive? No way Ben makes it through a season of this shit. Get Starks and Flo on the phone. I don't give a hoot how fat and out of shape they may be, this line is a joke.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:19 pm

SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:LOL. My Dad lives in Houston and we skyped while the game was on. I kept telling him to watch how badly the Texans D-line was blowing our O line out of position. He kept telling me the Texans would find a way to lose, and I kept telling him they would find a way to sack our QB. Was it 5 or 6 sacks this game? And another hit at the knees on the final drive? No way Ben makes it through a season of this shit. Get Starks and Flo on the phone. I don't give a hoot how fat and out of shape they may be, this line is a joke.
I think with that OL, which may be one of the worst in NFL history, the fact Ben is still playing borders on miraculous.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:29 pm

StillDodger wrote:I think with that OL, which may be one of the worst in NFL history, the fact Ben is still playing borders on miraculous.

I may have spoken too soon....... Ben after the game walked out in a walking boot....... Had X-rays........... Results are pending.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Pump-N-Iron wrote:You know... Bootlegs, waggles, roll outs... move the effen pocket. Why make it easy for the defense to ALWAYS blitz to the same spot.

And run the fucking ball effectively.....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 pm

LenSherwood wrote:
Pump-N-Iron wrote:You know... Bootlegs, waggles, roll outs... move the effen pocket. Why make it easy for the defense to ALWAYS blitz to the same spot.

And run the fucking ball effectively.....

As I said above, Mendy is really pissing me off. Is he not pissing anyone else off? Even with a terrible line, Redman and Moore are coming in and running much better with the same crappy line. Mendy is a big enough back to lower the shoulder and punish, but he refuses. Redman does it with glee.

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads Forum