Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » All-Time weather games.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

All-Time weather games.

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon May 26, 2008 1:11 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80870a4e&template=with-video&confirm=true

1975 AFC championship game is on the list.

Coupls other Steelers weather games that stick out in my mind were:
1. the game in Miami in the rain a few years back
2. Last years field debacle
3. the fog game against the Patriots.

Practice Squad

Re: All-Time weather games.

Postby Slapnuts » Tue May 27, 2008 8:38 am

AFC Championship a few years back, coldest damn game I've ever been to. Had to drink fast, beer iced up after 10 minutes open!! :celebrate:
holding on...............

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Pittsburgh » Tue May 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Slapnuts wrote:AFC Championship a few years back, coldest damn game I've ever been to. Had to drink fast, beer iced up after 10 minutes open!! :celebrate:

Thats Good Stuff.
Wost Wheather Game All Time... Hmmm
I'd Say something along the Lines of 05 Chicago Game. I cant Recall a Big time Snow Game like that in years. Im probably not scanning back far enough but I love the winter and teh cold and seeing that game Pop Off was just Phew... Goosebumps...

And i personally Went Jan 1st 06 to teh Detroit Game it was very cold and Randle El Got us all Going with a Punt Return For a TD!!!!! and Freakin we all was screamin one more year like 3 different times for the Bussy...

It clinched our Playoff Birth. I flew back to Cali and Watch the rest on TV just Thanking God Im from Pittsburgh... Freakin Champion till i Die.

Practice Squad

Postby steelinatl » Tue May 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Slapnuts wrote:AFC Championship a few years back, coldest damn game I've ever been to. Had to drink fast, beer iced up after 10 minutes open!! :celebrate:

Yeah I think 10 mins is a bit too long. I would say 5 mins and getting our ass kicked made it even colder. Being at that game may have been more depressing than the first AFC loss to NE. Damn, it was cold.

Practice Squad

Postby MeanJoeGreene75 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 am

1978 AFCCG against the Oilers...what a mess, but we won big.

1976 second game against Bengals. Every game a must-win but particularly that one as they were the team we had to beat. 7-3 final score in a snow-storm, with Franco finally breaking through late in the game. Nail-biter all the way.

Return to Stillers Talk